DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is Taim capable of using the True Power?

Taim can use the TP and has before.

He is Moridin, of course.

Taim is just a dreadlord nothing more nothing less , if you reread the 9th book , when rand is in far mading , one of the rogue asha'man give it .

What do you believe the aura around Taim is?  And why did Brandon remark that they were similar?  If not the TP what could it be?  There's many possibilities, you just seem so sure that I'd like to hear what you think is causing Taim's dark aura.

I can't imagine it's just from doing bad things else we'd see the aura around half the characters in the books.

You don't have to be linked to The Do to have that kind of Aura .

It is not like Morridin or Rand but a feeling provoked by is body language .

That only say Taim is a violent man , a murderer and quiet the trouble maker .

Nah I doubt that, we'd be seeing so many shadowy auras around people we'd be going nuts at that point.  I'm leaning more towards the darkness in them pulling on the Pattern, either through they both being ta'veren (Which we have no idea if Taim is one), or through the connection they have with the DO.  It makes more sense to me than Taim using TP.

Why should Taim use the TP when Demandrad can't? Taim is in a more vulnerable position, being in Randland, while Demendrad is (I presume) either in Shara, Land of Madmen, or sneaking around Seanchan. Shouldn't the Chosen have the TP before a dreadlord? Or perhaps the GL sees to ensnare more Asha'man with a display of his power, given by Taim. Seeing the power of the GL would surely turn them away from Rand, and into following Taim.

A battle between Rand/Logain vs. Taim is assured (hopefully), so the truth will be known in November.

The traditional explanation for Fain's prophecy of 'The man who channels stands alone' is that the man mentioned is Rand.

I suspect however, that it refers to Moridin. Taim would not be allowed access to the True Power, unless Linda is right and Taim is Moridin.

The traditional explanation for Fain's prophecy of 'The man who channels stands alone' is that the man mentioned is Rand.

I suspect however, that it refers to Moridin. Taim would not be allowed access to the True Power, unless Linda is right and Taim is Moridin.

I would love for Moridin to turn out to be Taim but certain things just don't make sense for me. 

Though I will say the one thing that bothers me is how you only see, "So called Aiel" used twice in the whole series, once by Taim, and once by Moridin.  That could strengthen either the Moridin = Taim and Moridin is Taim's teacher theories, but it always makes me think they're the same person, seems so deliberate.

I would love for Moridin to turn out to be Taim but certain things just don't make sense for me. 

Though I will say the one thing that bothers me is how you only see, "So called Aiel" used twice in the whole series, once by Taim, and once by Moridin.  That could strengthen either the Moridin = Taim and Moridin is Taim's teacher theories, but it always makes me think they're the same person, seems so deliberate.

or it strengthens the fact that Taim is noblely born and knows the Old Tongue, thus knows Aiel means dedicated and could simply mean that he doesnt think they are dedicated

I think Taim is just Taim and that he has not used the TP. In book tSR in the very beginning the BA that had been captured stated that one of their plans was to free Taim and use him as a false dragon to destroy Rand's image in the world. I think this is one of the cases where the BA actually did something and freed him but because the pattern would not allow another false dragon they converted him to shadow by 13 channelers channeling through 13 Myrddraals. Thus the 13 through 13 would have happened when it was an idea commonly used in the books and explains Taim's disappearance until Rand and him start the Black Tower.

Archived