DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

will the bad guys put up more of a fight this time?

Elan Tedronai

• 4 weeks later...

Remember too that Verin told Egwene

"....I'm not certain he understands how the GO works.  Not all evil is as obvisious as the Chosen....The Chose are like a bunch of squabbling children.....I'm convinced that it isn't intelligence, craftyness, or skill that makes one Chosen....I believe it is selfishness the GL seeks....The Chosen are predictable, but the GL is anthing but.  Even after decades of study, I can't be certain what He wants or why He wants it.  I only know that this battle is not being fought the way al'Thor assumes it will be."

I think the next two books will hold a lot of surprises and will prove Verin correct.  The Forsaken and other dark friends are only a small part of the DOs plans.

"....I'm not certain he understands how the GO works.  Not all evil is as obvisious as the Chosen....The Chose are like a bunch of squabbling children.....I'm convinced that it isn't intelligence, craftyness, or skill that makes one Chosen....I believe it is selfishness the GL seeks....The Chosen are predictable, but the GL is anthing but.  Even after decades of study, I can't be certain what He wants or why He wants it.  I only know that this battle is not being fought the way al'Thor assumes it will be."

The... Green Lantern....?  ???

The... Green Lantern....?  ???

Great Lord

• 1 month later...

Channel Nine Reporter Duke Hazard reports from Ground Zero.

Hazard: "This is Duke Hazard reporting from SG for channel Nine News,"

Hazard: "The Weather seems to holding and I expect a hard fought match here today and the field looks nice and fast."

Hazard: "Holy crap its utter chaos here bodies lying all over the place, Trolloc, Myrddraal and Dreadlords."

Hazard: "At this point I see very few of the Dragon Reborn forces lying here so I'm expecting a much larger force up ahead."

Hazard: "Injuries to the fallen look like parts of their bodies were ripped off and others that look like pin cushions its not a pretty sight"

Hazard: "The water ways are running not red but with combination of Trolloc, Myrddraal and Red blood looking more like ooz, everywhere the crows are gathering, I think its best my Team and I move on up to the front where the real fighting going on.

Hazard: "As we get closer to the action its like a light show from the 4th of July but we all know its not that. The screams of the dying are starting to be filter through the things we saw earlier were already dead.

Hazard: " OMG"

After WH RJ said the light was losing. Except for the the cleansing the good guys have been getting out manuvered getting ready for TG.

Not sure why, but I had a dream that the Trollocs will be armed with rifles... that's right, I dream about what MIGHT happen in the WoT. :)?

Count me as one who thinks the Light, for the most part, took a beating in tGS.

First, Rand almost went insane and destroyed the world at the end. The DO almost won without firing a shot.

Yes, it was nice Rand barely pulled it together, and a good thing Egwene is finally in charge at the WT, but.

1) The Blight is still unguarded.

2) Rand channeled the TP and did heavy damage to the Pattern.

3) The Seanchan are still in active conflict with the WT and the Dragon. The three most powerful forces for the light are fighting each other. And the WT and the Dragon are hardly friends.

4) On that score, if events at the BT play out poorly, the WT and the Dragon could be open enemies.

5) A large portion of the BA escaped, and could be heading to the BT.

6) There is one Forsaken and a bunch of Seanchan assassins lose in the Tower, and a DF in charge of the BT.

7) An entire race of people committed suicide, and the Dragon didn't help them.

8) Rand betrayed Ituralde & Lan & Arad Doman.

9) There are boatloads of Trollocs massing at the Blight.

10) Seanchan is in ruins, no more help there.

Yes, the light had there moments, but if not for Verin, Tuon's attack, Cadsuane's gambit with Nynaeve and Min's help, Tam, and a moment of sanity from Rand, the DO would have won.

I actually think the Shadow has almost no chance of winning unless like 50% of the planet turns out to be secret darkfriends. When you look at 40 odd channelers killing 100,000 trollocs who surprise attacked them, you only need to devote like 300 channelers to kill every last Trolloc. Fewer than 100 black ajah are still alive, and even if the majority of the Black Tower turns out to be darkfriends, Rand still has the kin, the aiel, the aes sedai, and possibly the damane. Since the Shaido had 500 wise ones who could channel, that gives the remaining 10 clans (11 clans maybe? Cant remember) with rand at least aiel 5000 channelers right off the bat. Any way I cut it I think the Shadow will be outnumered at least 2 to 1 in terms of channelers. And with a million aiel, like 500,000 men for the rest of Rands land, Andors 200,000 and the borderlander army (which is like 200,000 right?) Rand has a lot of frickin roops.

I agree that the pattern itself was directly harmed in TGS, by balefire and by Rand channeling the TP, but it has yet to be seen how much that aids the DO. Just looking at numbers, Shaitan is going to have to pull out all the stops.

Archived