DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Batman 3

Krakalakachkn

Gotham is escentially, New York City....

Just looking under wikipedia.

It lists NYC, as having 34,500 uniformed Poiice Officers.

And 8,839 police cars./ 11 boats, 8 copters, 120 horses, 34 dogs.

I actually just rewatched The Dark Knight, and at one point Mr. Fox says to Bruce that there are 30 million people in Gotham City, so markedly bigger than NYC. That would definitely mean a whole lot of cops I think.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator
Gotham is escentially, New York City....

Just looking under wikipedia.

It lists NYC, as having 34,500 uniformed Poiice Officers.

And 8,839 police cars./ 11 boats, 8 copters, 120 horses, 34 dogs.

I actually just rewatched The Dark Knight, and at one point Mr. Fox says to Bruce that there are 30 million people in Gotham City, so markedly bigger than NYC. That would definitely mean a whole lot of cops I think.

theres a reason I said the number listed in the movie was woefully under-funded. 3000 cops, for a city thats larger than NYC? :tongue:

The only time it was ever important to know who was president in the DCU was when it was Lex Luthor. Anyway they reinvent their continuity every few years anyway, so it doesn't matter much. The president that showed up in DKR to address the Bane situation was a generic old white guy.

He was no generic guy.... he was the president in the Stargate universe too... BTW finally saw this.... liked it but I think that my order of preference would be:

Dark Knight

Batman Begins

Dark Knight Rises

Heath Ledgers performance was legendary.

Just watched it. Have pretty much the same list as Boyo.

One thing I'm sure was tried to explain in the movie but I missed, if Bane/Talia are members of the League, and the League's goal is to destroy evil (Gotham), why did they torture Gotham for 5 months, which is essentially an evil act? I heard something about giving the people hope, but isn't giving people hope and then blowing them up anyways an even eviler act?

Just watched it. Have pretty much the same list as Boyo.

One thing I'm sure was tried to explain in the movie but I missed, if Bane/Talia are members of the League, and the League's goal is to destroy evil (Gotham), why did they torture Gotham for 5 months, which is essentially an evil act? I heard something about giving the people hope, but isn't giving people hope and then blowing them up anyways an even eviler act?

Bane was actually expelled from the league of shadows for being to extreme. I don't know about talia, but I think her actions were more motivated by revenge and wanting to make Bruce Wayne suffer than truly fulfilling her father's goal. If you look at the first movie, Raz's goal was to truly destroy Gotham by making everyone mad/insane.

Bane pretty much explained it to Bruce in their scene together in the Pit; it wasn't enough to break Batman physically, they wanted to break him spiritually. That's why they let him watch the whole thing on television. Think the "Women in Refrigerators" trope - Bane is fridging an entire city.

Archived