DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Batman 3

Krakalakachkn

Batman 4 discussed and Justice League Movie

As previously reported, Chris Nolan's upcoming "The Dark Knight Rises" is a trilogy capper - a true 'end of Batman' story that finishes off the universe he created in "Batman Begins" and expanded in "The Dark Knight", and certainly isn't territory we've seen a "Batman" film explore as yet.

That of course isn't the kind of thing a studio likes to hear - especially if the property is still very much a viable and healthy one. Now, talking with The Los Angeles Times, Warner Bros. executive Jeff Robinov says the studio is planning to continue on with the character, and that Nolan himself will be involved albeit in a reduced capacity.

We have the third Batman, but then we’ll have to reinvent Batman…Chris Nolan and [producing partner and wife] Emma Thomas will be producing it, so it will be a conversation with them about what the next phase is" says Robinov, indicating that a reboot of the franchise (ala "The Amazing Spider-Man") is on the cards once "The Dark Knight Rises" has been released.

How involved Nolan will be is unsure. Either it will be similar to his producing arrangement on the Zack Snyder-directed "Superman" reboot which he initially helped steer but is now sitting back and letting Snyder call the shots, or it simply could be a name only kind of arrangement akin to Tim Burton's involvement in Joel Schumacher's "Batman Forever".

Either way, it's a good move as it does open up the franchise to all sorts of possibilities that won't affect the legacy or continuity of Nolan's incarnation. Fans begging for a David Fincher or Darren Aronofsky-directed stand alone adaptation of Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" might get to see that wish come true in their lifetime.

Robinov says he's also committed to moving forward with film adaptations of key DC Comics properties at the studio and says a "Justice League" film is a priority for 2013. Robinov confirms a script is in the works, one with no relation to George Miller's aborted "Justice League" film back in 2008, and that scripts for "The Flash" and "Wonder Woman" movies were in development to be spun-off into their own franchises after "Justice League".

Begs the question, will the first post-Nolan incarnation of Batman make an appearance in that "Justice League" movie?

I wonder how Bale's Batman would work with the Justice League? I could see him being a loner/lone wolf.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so if we have Bane, shouldn't we also have Poison Ivy?? i mena in the Batman Lore, those tow character were created together.

and everytime i think of Catwoman, i can't help but wonder where the Penguin is *grins*

No they weren't. Poison Ivy was created in the 60's, while Bane was created in the 90's for a specific storyline much like Doomsday was. The only connection they've ever had in any medium was in the second and much more reviled of Joel Schumacher's films, Batman and Robin, and nobody but nobody is going to take that as canon. Basically the only thing that movie got right in regards to Poison Ivy was the Floronic Man's role in her origin.

I don't know and I'm not one who likes to try figuring the plot out ahead of time. On the one hand, Bane is so synonymous with Knightfall that it makes little sense to have him in the film otherwise (not that that hasn't been done before anyway, but as I said, that movie didn't count). On the other hand, trying to figure out what Nolan has up his sleeve is a task best left to FBI agents or something.

• 3 weeks later...
Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Oscar® winner Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have joined the cast of The Dark Knight Rises, the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend.

Cotillard will appear as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father's philanthropic endeavors for Gotham.

Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon.

The film reunites the actors with Christopher Nolan, who recently directed them in the award-winning blockbuster Inception.

The director stated, "When you collaborate with people as talented as Marion and Joe, it comes as no surprise that you would want to repeat the experience. I immediately thought of them for the roles of Miranda and Blake, and I am looking forward to working with both of them again."

Hilarious. And here geeks have been whipping themselves into a frothing frenzy arguing over what comic characters they'd be playing, and instead they're playing two completely new roles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hathaway is going to look so sexy as Catwoman. That's going to be about all I expect her to bring to the role. All that black is going to make her look so pale (not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you).

Bane looks badass.

Man, don't nobody read the comments on that, either. More losers talking about how "small" Tom Hardy is, who have apparently had their standards twisted by the ridiculous physiques artists give people in comics. Saw the same complaints on there during the lead-up to Thor, and in any news bite they post about Conan.

• 3 weeks later...

Anne Hathaway has reportedly given a stuntman a "massive black eye" after accidentally shoving the butt of a gun into his eye socket on the set of "The Dark Knight Rises" reports The Sun.

Hathaway plays Selina Kyle, aka. Catwoman, in the film and was said to be shooting a hand-to-hand combat scene when the incident happen. An insider said "It was all in good humor but the poor guy took quite a pummelling."

The gracious star, "mortified" by what she did, has given the stuntman a silver pen with the inscription "Remember no-one packs a punch like Anne" as an apology gift.

If this means Hathaway is now shooting scenes in the Catwoman outfit, some are now wondering if the studio will release a good quality first look photo (ala Tom Hardy as Bane the other week) of Hathaway in character before potential blurry paparazzi photos emerge and ruin the effect.

Man, don't nobody read the comments on that, either. More losers talking about how "small" Tom Hardy is, who have apparently had their standards twisted by the ridiculous physiques artists give people in comics. Saw the same complaints on there during the lead-up to Thor, and in any news bite they post about Conan.

Anyone who is saying that has obviously never seen "Bronson," holy crap did that man gain weight for the role.

Actually no, it's just that anybody saying that is a complete moron who thinks if you're not an enormous bodybuilder type, then you're anorexic or something, as superhero roles go. I'd love to see what any of those people look like themselves to have such standards.

They might be Liefeld fans.

(only half kidding)

I also blame the Schumacher, brainless, "GRRRRRRRRR" hunk-of-meat Bane. The fake muscles set a precedence for what "Bane should look like" to the uninformed masses who also, as you said, are probably 'roid heads.

Bane has always been drawn enormous, to varying degrees. These are comic nerds doing the talking; my thought actually is that most of the people complaining about physique have no idea what the human body is actually supposed to look like because their only familiarity with it is what guys like Liefeld and McGuinness have represented it as.

The real hilarity kicks in when the exact same people, upon seeing for the first time how big Chris Evans got for Captain America, and how fast he did it, automatically declared steroids were responsible.

• 3 weeks later...

A bit on Catwoman's suit:

Catwoman has had various looks over the years on film and television be it Michelle Pfieffer's stitched together PVC number, Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt's reflective 60's outfit, Adrienne Barbeau's animated grey body stocking guise, or Halle Berry's awful ripped leather pants version.

In the comics she has undergone even more radical changes be it purple figure-hugging numbers with whiskers to green flowing capes and dresses. Now a scooper for Hollywood Life confirms that Chris Nolan is sticking to the more modern day visual look of the character from the comics:

"Anne’s outfit is more tactical, like the comic book, than the previous Batman movies. She will definitely be wearing the goggles and it’s going to be less sexy than Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman costumes. She’s going to look more like a robber. But fan boys shouldn’t be worried. This costume is going to be form-fitting enough to make Anne look smoking hot"

The design he refers to sounds like the one created in 2001 by Darwyn Cooke as a more practical outfit and was heavily inspired by Emma Peel's iconic leather catsuit in classic TV series "The Avengers". Aside from the black body-hugging leather, the most notable features are the sturdy boots, big silver ring on the zipper, and the domino-shaped infrared goggles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hathaway speaks out on her character.

Anne Hathaway has already heard some of the criticisms about that first official photo of her in the Catwoman outfit in "The Dark Knight Rises" and in a great little piece on MTV News she calls out that site's reaction and gives the following response: "If you didn't like the photo, you only see about a tenth of what that suit can do. For those who did, you have excellent taste."

A new rumour has emerged at Batman News which talks briefly about her character - "Catwoman is apparently one of the most well written characters we’ve seen in these movies so far and she could potentially steal the show the way Heath Ledger did last time. She does some cool stuff in the movie like jumping out of windows and stealing the Batpod. Her back story is that she has a history of abuse and works as a stripper and is also a pickpocket."

Finally TMZ has posted a video of Hathaway's stunt woman on the Batpod crashing into what looks like an IMAX camera on the set. No-one was injured aside from the camera itself, no word as to how much it was damaged (those IMAX cameras don't come cheap).

Sounds like in that middle section that Hathaway might be getting a little big for her boots.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what to expect of Bane because the way he's portrayed pretty much borders on supernatural or too insane body building and though Nolan's Batman is clearly still fictional I think that we all would prefer it to remain on the realistic side of things. Well at least I would. It's one of the things that I like about Batman that it's all theoretically possible, unlike Superman who just straight up defies the Laws of Physics by flying here and there. Tom Hardy is a great actor though and I'm really glad he was chosen for the role especially after Inception.

Archived