A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

how many times have you read the entire WOT series

keravon3

Is Smooth Criminal a Tune?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is Smooth Criminal a Tune?

• TUNE!!!!
    • NO TUNE!!!!

I started reading this past March, and I'm on my first re-read, now. I just finished TGH. Actually, I'm starting ASoIaF for the first time at this precise moment (I've covered the first 100 pages of the first book-love it), as I'm waiting for the White Ajah from the White Tower part of this website to catch up with me on THEIR re-read, so that I can tarry along with them.

I've read tons of what other people have to say about the books on various forums though, the wotfaq, etc, and I've re-read my favorite parts (The story of Aemon and the death of Manetheren, Rhuidean ter'angreal, Moiraine and Lanfear, the deathgates, Egwene's Honey in the Tea chapter in KoD, With the Choeden Kal from WH, a few others) a whole bunch of times. KoD camps out on my coffee table, so I end up re-reading bits of that volume the most often.

I am reading the series again for the first time. When I originally began fifteen years ago I couldn't put down the books, I remember haunting my local book store for each and every copy. I would try and channel my way through long lines at Holiday season to get home quicker so I could read. Didn't work though, no tower for me.

Guest Winespring Brother

I try to read them all together, rather than a bit here and there, so I think i have read the entire published series 9 or 10 times. Some chapters I feel I could almost recite word for word :roll:

I started reading them about 12 years ago, back when I was 13 years old. I read up until the latest book, then waited, read the next book as it came out, then waited, and read the next release. I never actually re-read the whole series during any of those periods, I just stopped reading the WoT series until the next book came out.

By the time KoD came out however, I was thoroughly overwhelmed with the number of characters and plot threads going on, that I couldn't remember things that well. It kind of took away from my understanding and enjoyment of the books. So I read a short summary of every chapter for every book all the way up to CoT. That helped a bit.

After I finished KoD I read NS for the first time, but that was a really fast read, only a few days. After that I realized I had a long time to wait until AMoL comes out, so I decided to start re-reading the whole series. So I'm on my second time through right now, about halfway through TSR. I must say, there are a lot of details I didn't remember, its definitely worth re-reading. With any luck, I'll be finishing up KoD for the second time and won't have too long of a wait for AMoL and it'll all be fresh in my head instead of read over a 12 year span.

I received some kind of promo book for Eye of the World back in the 90's and bought it immediately after. I've read EotW probably about 20 times. It's probably still my favorite. I read the series atleast once a year and sometimes up to 3 times a year. (i read really fast and always have to be reading something) So I've probably read each book from tGH up until CoT about 10-15 times. I've only read CoT maybe 4 times. It's my least favorite. I've read KoD 7 times. I really liked it. :oops:

I read too fast though I guess.

Archived