A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

how many times have you read the entire WOT series

keravon3

Is Smooth Criminal a Tune?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is Smooth Criminal a Tune?

• TUNE!!!!
    • NO TUNE!!!!

I'm almost done with it although I started three years ago. My "reading" time seems to be exclusively set in the summer. I never seemed to have the time or the drive to read during high school. I got about three books read during each summer. Now that I started college, I've got more time on my hand and I'm almost halfway through Crossroads of Twilight...ugh can't wait to start Knife Of Dreams.

when I read, I dont read the whole series in a particular order. so I've read some books many times more than others, because they are more exiting. so I dont have any number on how many times I have re read the series.. would be way mroe then four anyways.. I'm currently reading KoD. but the only reason I read that book over any other WoT book, is that it happened to lie infront of me when I was on my way to the kitchen to have a smoke once.. next time it could me PoD or CoS.. depends on chance..

I've been reading WoT since the beginning (there's a joke in there somewhere, I'm sure...) so I've had about 17 years to read and reread. I'm not really sure how many times in total. I know that I have specifically sat down and reread the entire series before every book after LoC, which means at least 5. As to how many times I happened to pick up one off the shelf and just read it without the rest? If I said 100 it might be too much but it's pretty darn close.

Incidentally, I'm half way through FoH on my current complete reread that I started a couple weeks ago...

on just 3 deployments to Iraq alone.... 23 times... but i started reading it in the mid 90's, and whenever a new book came out/ i bought one that i didnt own at the time... i would always start from the beginning, even if i had just finished it. Pathetic? possibly, but whatever :P

Guest Egwene

probably three or four times all the way through.... but same as many others there are some that I have read far more often. If there is an interesting discussion, I might take out the relevant sections and just read those... before aMoL, there will of course be the obligatory total re-read.

... by the way... you'll find this link a useful tool, if you don't know it already...

http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/

... I couldn't survive without it! :wink:

Well I am working on my third re-read. It is so amazing how much better I understand everything after re-reading. Plus all the little things you pick up is amazing as well. Like so many things that happen in the latter books you can totally see coming if you know what to look for. It is great.

I started reading right before the third book came out. I read the first two back to back and then third when it came out, and every book up till book 9 when they came out. I bought book 10 when it came out but never read it. I also picked up New Spring eventually but have never read it either. Then I decided it had been so long since I had read the first books that I no longer had any detailed memory of what was in them so I began rereading them a couple of years ago. I was delayed by some breaks, but this year I have been reading steadily. I'm now on book 9 again for the second time, and will soon move on to 10, New Spring, and then 11 for the first times. :)

Technically, nobody has read the entire series since we still lack a book. But if you're talking about the entire published series at the time of reading, it would have to go something like this: First two books ~ 25 times, then subtract 3 or 4 for each subsequent book. I've read the last published book about 4 times, and can't start my next reread yet because I lent the first 3 books to a friend.

I started reading around the time PoD came out, and i've read the series through 11 times. I usually read it through twice a year, at Christmas and usually around march or april, my christmas re-read takes me around two weeks coz im on holiday and reading alot at like the beach, and my mid-year usually around a month or two.

I started reading when Winters Heart was still in hard back. I read everything through WH twice before NS came out. I read everything through NS twice before CoT came out. I read everything through CoT twice before KoD came out. I have read everything through KoD once, and am almost done with my second trip.

I will have to replace a few books next time through.

• 2 weeks later...

I started reading them two years ago, and have only had time to read them once, because I always have homework and sports going on during the school year, plus the fact that my teachers want me to read books that I have never read before.

I started to reread the series again this summer and got almost to the end of tGH before I had to give up and start reading my summer homework.

I have read the first six books 7 times. One for each new book until LoC, then once or twice each for the later ones.

I used to read the whole series again, before a new one came out. After #6, I just read the previous book as prep.

I started again after I read KoD. From the beginning. I am going slow, between school semesters. I should be ready when Memory of Light comes out. :D

• 3 weeks later...

re-read it a couple of times to get back into it when a new book is published, once I am back into it I like to read my favourite storylines again (less favourite are often a bother just so you can keep the overview), remember the lord of the ring series where Frode annoyed the hell out of me and I just reread the other parts without him (skipping the endless scenery scenes also)

Archived