DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Black Ajah Hunt

JenniferL

Guest Karana Majin

What? *looks aghast* How can this be? An Initiate of the White Tower, herself a murderer? Are you all sure? What evidence do you have?

I guess I often forget that those who are not full Sisters can still tell lies. I tend to think of honesty as being a trait attributed to all who associate with the Tower.

And Segurant?! Are you condemning me of collusion? I am a Sister of the White Tower, an Aes Sedai. We have kept peace and law with a tradition over 3,000 years old! I swear to you, I had nothing to do with this. The child spoke only to me of her fear...

I guess you have all convinced me, Zardi must be guilty. As awful as it is to contemplate.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Segurant

Of course not Karana Sedai, I am just saying that she had your ear. I think she may have deceived you. The Darkfriend might have powers we are not aware of.

My proof is simple. My bunnies told me. Yup.

Yes Zardi does seem to hiding something. She did earlier talk to Karana Sedai. Was it about disposing of Chilli?

I did not want Chilli to be executed! I know that I felt saidar being used for the first murder, and that's what I told Karana Sedai. And last night, I dreamt of death, and of weaves of saidar. I know, you'll tell me it's only a dream, but it means something. I can't explain it, but I know that in my heart.

Karana Sedai, it is true what you said, that novices have the ability to lie, but...forgive me...we are not the only channelers with that ability. I am no murderer!

(Sorry for double post.)

Perhaps I can still convince the last villager who has not yet voted. I'm a novice, as I've said. In my classes in the Tower, we are taught that Aes Sedai are well-respected and powerful throughout the world, so I don't understand why Karana Sedai was so quick to believe the bunny rancher, rather than investigate the murders herself. At least, I didn't understand at first.

The Sisters at the Tower didn't even want to let me out to see my aunt. You don't know how much I had to beg! Any sister would have bundled me up and sent me back to the Tower as soon as that first body was discovered. But Karana Sedai didn't: she'd found the perfect scapegoat. Karana Sedai is the murderer.

Pardon, but you just voted to have me executed. Corpses can't be birched. I would, however, prefer a good beating to an execution, so I won't object if you change your mind.

For all that I respect Aes Sedai and want to become one, I still believe you are the murderer, Karana Sedai. If I survive to make it back to the Tower, I won't be the one getting birched.

The shouting match between Zardi and Karana reaches a fever pitch. Karana has managed to work the villagers into a fever pitch. They begin calling for blood. Darkfriend blood. Zardi's blood. With a maniacal cackle, Segurant lashes out with his pitchfork, impaling the helpless novice on its tines. The villagers' bloodlust sated, they return to their homes, satisfied they have done the Light's work.

The next morning, they rise to discover a third murder has been committed. F Horn is found in his bed, stabbed through the heart with a dinner fork. The darkfriend clearly is mocking the villagers.

Alright, Segurant, Conning and Karana. Your job is to ferret out the darkfriend. If you choose incorrectly, the darkfriend will strike again, killing the last villager. Choose carefully.

Guest Segurant

OH NO! I WAS SO WRONG!! For that I apologized to the corpse of Zardi. My Bunny was sure it was you. I scolded the bunny for giving me false information. The bunny apologizes as well. See....

forgeevness.jpg

All is forgiven right?

HMMMMMMM who can this darkfriend possibly be. Looks at Karana and ConningOfficer.

"If I remember correctly, Conning said he was a 'traitor'. He must be a darkfriend. Yes, I say ConningOfficer is a darkfriend. It couldn't be Karana as she is Aes Sedai and therefore is sworn to the Light. Yup."

Segurant goes back to tend his bunnies.

Me, a Darkfriend?

I have served this community for years, selling you the goods you need, and providing you with help during lean years! And, if I could use the Power in any way, why would I remain a merchant?

You had that poor novice girl killed simply because she was from outside the village, trying to see her sick aunt!

Segurant, you have never remained constant in your accusations. You have jumped on the bandwagon, never being first to accuse, nor provided lengthy justification. You have been awfully stealthy in goading the others to vote for someone, anyone but you!

And, I have never, ever said anything of the sort that I am a traitor! Check my words in the record! I never said it!

This pattern of craftiness, and your attempts to mislead others are most disturbing. I think that it is you, not Karana! You are quick to accuse me, the lone dissenter in having Zardi killed, and now F-Horn paid the price for others not listening to me.

They didn't listen to me because of YOU!

Segurant , you MUST be the murderer!

Guest Segurant

The bunny made me do it, Zardi. And you were pick at random by a roll of a dice for me to start the game. I still don't know who the Darkfriend is and this is the last round :(

Guest Segurant

I called you a 'traitor' because you said you were a 'trader'. If you haven't noticed my guy ain't all there.

You are only after me because I fingered Zardi. I admit I was wrong. I had false information. BUT I was not the only one. Are you going to confront them as well? I know were behind the plot to get Chilli killed and he met a horrible fate. I think you need to think this through. Your cover has been blown. Admit your fault.

Karana Sedai, I plead for you guidance in finding this Darkfriend. I know I am no Darkfriend. Would a Darkfriend tend to something so innocent as this:

babybun.jpg

Guest Segurant

The bunny was only defending its territory. It was my first test in breeding watchbunnies. I say it was a success if it weren't for the holy grenade

Guest Karana Majin

*wrings hands in anguish*

I was sure it was Zardi! And now a Novice is dead, when the White Tower needs all the able young girls we can find.

And Segurant accusing ConningOfficer, and ConningOfficer accusing Segurant... I know neither of these men, although Segurant reminds me of a pool boy we once had at the Tower... *trails off*

It has been shown to me, in a Foretelling. Oh, Light, that it came too late to save those who came before! The true Darkfriend is...

Segurant! Those bunnies are a beard to hide your nasty, vile nature!!!

Archived