DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cadsuane vs. Granny Weatherwax

So I'm not entirely certain that this is the best place to post this, since it's a bit crossover-y and less 'discussion' than 'random curiosity', but I thought here would be okay. If I'm wrong, I apologise and feel free to move the topic/poke me with sticks.

I recently became aware of a type of blogging community I'd never even heard of before - March Madness 'cage fighting' communities where characters from different books/films/movies/games have hypothetical fights that the readers vote on until one wins. I came across the concept via Chickfight on LJ, in which Granny Weatherwax of Discworld emerged victorious.

In another community called Suvudu cage match, Rand al'Thor was the March Madness winner, and after everything had concluded, the mod of Chickfight posted a poll to see who the members thought would win of Granny and Rand. The poll result was a resounding cry for Granny, though that's hardly objective considering who the voters were. I, however, am inclined to agree with them, simply because Rand has such a vast amount of experience being bullied and harassed by obstinate old women that he wouldn't even really care. Or because he may not be able to bring himself to fight back. One of the two.

Anyway. The title of this thread. I've seen Cadsuane described once or twice on these boards as 'WoT's answer to Granny Weatherwax', and I'm curious. I don't know Granny well enough to form an opinion, but I hope some of you do. Is that an accurate comparison?

And furthermore: Cadsuane Melaidhrin versus Granny Weatherwax. Who wins?

Archived