DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So how's YOUR day been?

Elgee

I thought we might try a thread where we can all rant about the things that are getting to us, or share what made you happy.

Just so's you all don't feel like going first, I'll start with a rant  :P

As most of you know, I'm busy with the year-end financials (getting everything ready for the auditors). I'm also still dealing with all the fall-out from my dad's death (medical bills STILL coming in, getting accounts closed / transferred to my mother's name, etc). Then there's my one sister who's suddenly claiming that our house (my mother's), actually belongs to her, and she wants us out of it.

But wait - there's more - if you buy now, not only do you get ... trying to balance the books between all my other work, trying to sort out my dad's estate, deal with the betrayal of the sister I always felt closest to, and some other personal stuff here on DM which has absolutely devastated me, but now I'm also getting death threats!

Yeah, no joke. 2 tenants moved out at the end of February, both caused damage to the houses they rented from us. One tenant only moved in 1 January - he and his girlfriend had just gotten engaged and moved in together (in this house). Hadn't even been in there a few weeks when he started beating her up. Got so bad, she landed in hospital. They split, and vacated the house. Then he threatens to "catch you in a dark alley and beat the *** out of you" if w take money off his deposit to fix the damage. (We being the owner of the company and I.)

The other tenant has been there a while, seemed like an ok guy, but now has turned into a complete psycho, who's threatening to kill us, amongst other threats, if we take money off his deposit. Threatening phone calls, emails, text messages, etc. The way he talks is scary - you can tell that there's a serious screw loose with this guy.

The owner of the property is now getting a restraining order against him, and I'm trying to persuade the boss to do the same. She's resisting, because she doesn't want to spend the money  ::)

She's not been in this business as long as I have - I've been threatened and even attacked by tenants before, and even an owner (who was JUST as psycho as Mr I Keeelll You - so I recognise the signs, dammit!)

I've also been mugged 5 times, but I guess this is getting to me because of the consistent and prolonged threats, and the wondering if something is actually going to happen, on top of all the other stresses.

Anyway, that's my rant - so how's your day been?

Oh geez sweetie, that is crazy!!!! I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I hope they do decide on getting those orders, they often work. I am doing ok, busy with cookie sales for Girl Scouts, recovering from the loss of someone I love, and crafting.

Suddenly my troubles don't seem quite as bad... mine are just a bunch of angst and drama... to summarize, met awesome person. Had great time with awesome person. Really good, long standing friend of mine, got jealous. Lied to awesome person about me. Awesome person believed friend. Awesome person now hanging out with friend, leaving me sitting here alone...

So. It wasn't fun, and actually I did get death threats too.. from my "friend"... so I guess we're kinda in the same boat? But not really, cause my story is a bit more stupid, and nonsensical, cause.. no one has a good reason to do anything they did, in my story. Except me. Cause awesome person was very awesome.. until they proved that they weren't for me by believing lies about me without even askign me about it first.. so i give up. :(

Holy crap Elgee - you need to move countries. Australia is nice, I hear ;). You just keep keeping it together girl, you're awesomeness!

I'm busy busy but good. Hubby is away two weeks out of every three, leaving me on my own with the midgets (small child-type things that run around and make lots of noise). We're also moving house. So I'm packing on my own. Hubby will be away the day we move. So I'll be ordering people around on my own (heehee!), and unpacking on my own.

Bonus though is a week long trip to Hong Kong in April and a spiffy new house! Now I just need a husband to share it with :P

so... lavinya.... how about a life swap? =D i'd kill for a new house. I want out of this one so bad i can taste it.

literally. it's falling apart around me, and the flavor of the insulation is in the air.

ok.. it's not quite THAT bad... but it is old, and i want a new one.

I hear Elgee, it's rough here too. My Mum has advanced lung cancer and was admitted to hospital 90 minutes away 2 weeks ago (Lismore for Lavylove). Then they flew her to Sydney (7hours away) for surgery. On thursday they took out her chest drain and decided it would be a good idea to fly her back to Lismore on the same day (can you see me rolling my eyes yet???) They landed in Inverell (3 hrs away) for another patient to get off the transport flight and mum developed pain so they called an ambulance and now she is in hospital there.

They think she has a blood clot and so are giving her blood thinners... which means her drain wound is bleeding out, so now she is having a blood transfusion (beating head against wall now). I drove out there today and i just wanted to cry. I hate seeing my mum like this.

Okay you guys probably didn't need to know this, but i needed to get it out of my system.

I don't like cancer.. well. I don't know anyone who's like "Oh, yay! Cancer!" but. It's torn my family up pretty good.. I've lost about five family members to it so far, and blood clots, those are evil too. My mom had one of those go through her heart and lungs a few years back when she broke her ankle severely and we nearly lost her, but she pulled through.

Sometimes, Ama, i wonder if doctors ever actually know what they're doing, or if they're just kinda pretending they do, and saying they do...

But then if they don't, who does? =/

Oh blimey...rough time you guys are having! Never mind me and my trivial dramas. I'm just a whinger lol.

Where do you live again, Ama? I was born and bred in Tamworth so I'm trying to figure it out. Really hope things start looking up for your poor Mum and your family!

We're remodeling a house.  The good news is that we're not living in it while we remodel.  The bad news is that there's a LOT to do.  We're there nearly every weekend and some weeknights in between.  Juggling that with a seven year old and a three year old gets interesting.  My dad comes up about once a month and spends a full week here and on those weeks I end up spending full days over there working.  I can't remember the last time I didn't have sore muscles.  But we've gotten a lot done since we bought the house in November. We've had contractors in to put in a heat pump, put in new windows, retexture some walls, paint the showers, and put in a pellet stove.  The work we've done ourselves included moving a couple of walls, stripping the kitchen down to nothing and starting over (tile floor, dad's building the cabinets, we ran the plumbing for the fridge), lots of wiring, lots of painting (old kitchen cabinets too so we can use them in the laundry room), closing in the heat ducts, running network cable, new lighting, and just today I tiled one of the bathroom vanities.  I'm sure there's stuff I'm forgetting and there's so much more to do!  (A deck, a roof, two bathrooms, and a ton of landscaping, just off the top of my head....)

The biggest unexpected side effect of all this remodeling is that my creativity is SHOT.  I've had intense writer's block for about the past six weeks.  It's really odd for it to last that long for me, but I'm fighting for what little I'm getting done, RPs included (sorry for those waiting on me!  I will catch up!)  I have a little well outlined writing to do that should be a no-brainer and even that seems too challenging.  It's so frustrating because it only lends even more to this feeling of being consumed by the house project.

Say it with me... "It'll be sooo nice to live there!  It'll be sooo much better than the old house.  It'll be worth it to have it the way we want it."  My mantra.  ;)