DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Don't get Dead!

People are going to get killed in the next books.Who would not want to die?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. People are going to get killed in the next books.Who would not want to die?

• Rand
    • Moridin
    • Mat
    • Thom
    • Moraine
    • Perrin
    • Faile
    • Egwene
    • Lan
    • Nynaeve
    • Elayne
    • Gareth Byrne
    • Siuain
    • Aviendha
    • Logain
    • Taim
    • Demandred
    • Narishma
    • Tuon
    • Padain Fain
    • Domon Bayle
    • Tuon/Fortuna or correct spelling
    • Loial
    • Noal
    • Olver
    • Talamanes
    • Uno
    • Cadsuane
    • Moggie
    • Cyndane
    • Other
    • The Dark One
    • Hopper in the wolf dream
    • Tam

Okay it looks like some characters will die in the upcoming battle. The question is, though, who we wouldn't want to go the way of the dodo. Be it because of ,you think it would be bad for the story or it would upset you a bit or whatever.

Obviously some of them prob won't die, Mat being one, but I put them in anyway. Also if you vote other put in who you were thinking of. And one last thing you do you think will bite the bullet?

Yes I meant to sat we. Obviously most of them don't want to die. I am a dodo.

I voted for Narishma because I'm most interested in the "follow after" prophecy. If that was filled simply by him pulling the sword that one time it would be very weak.

I think the plot so far sets up for a great tragedy around Perrin's death. I doubt it will actually happen, but so far he's the one who wanted most to be a normal person and every time he thinks he's found a way out, he's drawn right back in again and nobody will let him be what he wants. He's shown himself to be resolved to a fate of being pulled around with the Dragon and his death would be fitting if he realized what was going to happen and chose his responsibility anyway. A last look at the forge before he fights, so to speak.

I'd also like to see Elayne die but I bet that won't happen. There's a belief she's safe until after her babies are born but they could still come before Tarmon Gaidon (or during).

The fact that I can only pick one person made me think about this for a moment.

Nynaeve is the right choice. I just cant come to terms with the idea of her dying. Her loyalty to the Two Rivers folk make her one of the easiest characters to empathise with, she stays herself throughout her development, and the idea of any fatality befalling her feels incredibly wrong. I would rather see Olver die in the most brutal fashion ever written.

I'd also like to see Elayne die but I bet that won't happen.

Why does the idea of Moridin killing her feel so right?

voted other.

People that have prophesies (other than their own death) left to fulfill; also people that are needed to fulfill such prophesies.

Might list those people at a later time.

Some such people had their death prophesied; their death would need to come after their 'pre-death' prophesies or they become resurrected.

Well, I don't think any of them are all that eager for death. Rand would like the opportunity to set down his burden, Moridin wants to destroy the whole world, himself included, but aside from that they all want to carry on. None of them want to go the way of the dodo. As for who do I want to survive the series, I'm not that bothered. Death by itself is nothing. The question of why they are dying, what emotions it inspires in the reader, or what you do with the survivors, that is of interest. Take Rand. You could kill him off or you could have him live, and either has the possibility of being interesting. Provided Rand gets an appropriate end to his storyline, provided the ending is interesting, the question of what that ending is is secondary.

Take Rand. You could kill him off or you could have him live, and either has the possibility of being interesting. Provided Rand gets an appropriate end to his storyline, provided the ending is interesting, the question of what that ending is is secondary

Funny you should say that, I am actually expecting Rand to die and survive. Ha! Dont ask much do I?

If Perrin dies, I want Rand to see him in the dream as a wolf, and know its him. Same as if Rand does survive dying I want the important people (Mat, Perrin, Nynaeve, etc) to know it is Rand. Him being reborn wont be enough for me; I want Rand knowing what he has done when he returns, a last PoV showing him feel the ultimate relief of no longer being worldsaver.

Interesting to see Lan has the most votes. I guess I can understand; it would be quite lovely to have him finally be happy and at peace.

But I voted Perrin. He's been one of the most conflicted characters IMO, and it would break my heart to see him die after finally coming to terms with himself.

voted other.

People that have prophesies (other than their own death) left to fulfill; also people that are needed to fulfill such prophesies.

Might list those people at a later time.

On the top of my head::

-Lan (regaining Malkier, having a warrior child)

-Nynaeve (help Lan in his prophecies)

-Rand's 3 lovers (several prophecies indicate that they would survive his death; their marriage ceremony; at least couple of them would bear his children)

-Cadsuane (teach Rand and all Ashamen something)

-Thom (very first Viewings; rescue Moiraine; supposedly marry Moiraine)

-Moiraine (possibly help Thom with his Viewings; whatever Min saw of her; supposedly marry Thom)

-Mat (rescue Moiraine; his 2 Aes Sedia choice; Aelfinn prophecy about his eye)

-Tuon (become bound to Rand; Rand kneel to her if Seanchan prophecies are true)

-Egwene & Gawyn (her Dreams about both of them)

-Berelain (become in love with a man in white)

-Galad (possibly is Berelain's man in white)

-Perrin (gain Saldaea's throne)

-Faile (needed to fulfill Perrin's Viewing)

-Birgitte (Viewings about a man both older and younger than her)

Berelain (become in love with a man in white)

I was just browsing through that list and an image came into my head.

RAND-IN-MORIDINS-BODY: Yeh yeh yeh yeh, Im Rand.

BERELAIN: Oh my, I dont like gingers, but this is... ravishing. I could be your fourth wife, if you really want...

ELAYNE: You tramp, get away from him! Hes just suffered through TG, and the first thing you do is seduce him!

RAND: Elayne, its alright, shes helped me.

ELAYNE: Oh alright then. *starts kissing Berelain*

RAND: GET OFF MY WIFE! *punches Elayne* *starts kissing Berelain*

"People are going to get killed in the next books. Who would not want to die? "

Did you leave a word out there? Did you intend to say 'Who would [you] not want to die'?

Yes. I intended to say that but best intentions and all that. I wore myself out coming up with the title.

Thanks, that opens up the discussion a bit ;)

Berelain (become in love with a man in white)

I was just browsing through that list and an image came into my head.

RAND-IN-MORIDINS-BODY: Yeh yeh yeh yeh, Im Rand.

BERELAIN: Oh my, I dont like gingers, but this is... ravishing. I could be your fourth wife, if you really want...

ELAYNE: You tramp, get away from him! Hes just suffered through TG, and the first thing you do is seduce him!

RAND: Elayne, its alright, shes helped me.

ELAYNE: Oh alright then. *starts kissing Berelain*

RAND: GET OFF MY WIFE! *punches Elayne* *starts kissing Berelain*

Oh Rand and his misadventures. :)

"People are going to get killed in the next books. Who would not want to die? "

Did you leave a word out there? Did you intend to say 'Who would [you] not want to die'?

Yes. I intended to say that but best intentions and all that. I wore myself out coming up with the title.

Thanks, that opens up the discussion a bit ;)

No bother, I'm only here to please.

Archived