DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Possible Future Relationships in books 13-14

imBored

Love's got nothing to do with it.

Relationships without love seems rare in this series.

But if she was ripped out of the pattern before her time who knows what she still has to do.

This seems to be the only time where either soul (Birgitte, Gaidal) is ripped out.

Those who could cause a second ripping out of her would likely be dead by that time.

And the Pattern would likely prevent other attachments to and/or from either soul since they are linked to each other.

The most between Uno and Birgitte this series would have I think would be a brother/sister feeling.

Love's got nothing to do with it.

Relationships? Yes. Hookups? Not rare at all.

You have read Mat's storyline, right? Not only his many dalliances (hookups) but his marriage... That's what you'd call a 'relationship', but it's the coldest, most loveless relationship in the books, IMO.

Or the whole notion of "pillow friends"?

Tam I take is in his 30s or 40s since he was 'young' during the time of the Aiel War.

Where does it say Tam was young during the Aiel War?  I believe Moiraine commented on Tam having left the Two Rivers as a young man, which I assume is around the same age as Rand and possibly a year or two older.  However, he didn't jump straight into the Aiel War.  He was a Blademaster by the time of the Aiel War for a start, and you don't become a Blademaster after a few months of study.  He was also already a veteran of 3 wars: the Whitecloack War and the last two wars between Illian and Tear and the Second-Captain of the Illian Companions.  I assume that is not an easy position for a farmer to capture.

No, Tam was likely well into his 30s by Aiel War, and as of TGS I think it is safe to say he's in his 50s if not his 60s.  Morgase I believe was only 16 during the Aiel War?  She's hardly in the same generation as Tam.

Tam I take is in his 30s or 40s since he was 'young' during the time of the Aiel War.

Where does it say Tam was young during the Aiel War?  I believe Moiraine commented on Tam having left the Two Rivers as a young man, which I assume is around the same age as Rand and possibly a year or two older.  However, he didn't jump straight into the Aiel War.  He was a Blademaster by the time of the Aiel War for a start, and you don't become a Blademaster after a few months of study.  He was also already a veteran of 3 wars: the Whitecloack War and the last two wars between Illian and Tear and the Second-Captain of the Illian Companions.  I assume that is not an easy position for a farmer to capture.

No, Tam was likely well into his 30s by Aiel War, and as of TGS I think it is safe to say he's in his 50s if not his 60s.  Morgase I believe was only 16 during the Aiel War?  She's hardly in the same generation as Tam.

I was mistaken about the dates of the wars.

From checking the Encyclopaedia site, the Aiel War was about 20 years after the Whitecloak War.

50s or 60s now seems the right age.

Which would make Lini either same generation as Tam or older.

Difference with Cadsuane, 240 to 250 years apart; equivalent to 12 to 12.5 generations.

*cough* Elayne and Rand *cough* Min and Rand *cough*

But honestly that is a pretty good point. Despite Birgitte's *occasional* (not really, but meh) vulgarities, I don't think of her as one to go cheating on Gaidal. Seeming as she cries about him at night all the time.

I think Rand needs a few more woman before the last battle.

My money's on Selucia.

And Tuon.

Yeah, then Mat will find out, chase after him, finally catch up at TG and lop off Rand's head with his ashandarei. The Dragon's blood stains the rocks of Shayol Ghul, freeing men from the Shadow. The End.  ;D

Faile should just stop it and let Berelain join in.

I have always approved of this idea, and I still approve of it. :D

I think Rand needs a few more woman before the last battle.

Egwene, for instance?  :)

That was actually a semi-serious idea I had when sleep-deprived (a state I've been in more often than not this year, unfortunately) a few weeks ago.

Like others mentioned, these couples might be likely::

-Thom and Moiraine (supposed Viewing)

-Galad and Berelain (Min's  Viewing, Berelain becoming in love with a man in white; Egwene's Dream, Egwene becoming tied with a female hawk)

Some others that might be likely:

-Gawyn and Egwene (same Dream)

-Tallanvor and Morgase

Tam, like another poster I doubt Cadsuane.  Reason relates to Gathering Storm content.

Lini or some unmarried Wise One might be more probable than Cadsuane.

Why not Tam and Cadsuane? They might have met during Aiel War, also she may rennounce to the three Oaths in order to prolonge her live, even as Kin.

Why not Tam and Cadsuane? They might have met during Aiel War, also she may rennounce to the three Oaths in order to prolonge her live, even as Kin.

When Gathering Storm content is allowed in this section, I would tell.  If you wish to know earlier than that, ask me through the private messaging system.

Though there might be a chance of guessing the reason from reading his scenes in the book.

When Gathering Storm content is allowed in this section, I would tell.  If you wish to know earlier than that, ask me through the private messaging system.

Though there might be a chance of guessing the reason from reading his scenes in the book.

WT...?(LIKE Mat would say) matter? From my point of view, Tam had to have more importance than another secondary charachter from the book. And is a ""strong man"", that is all to count from Cadsuane point of view!!! In fact, he is stronger than everibody else, beeing the soul fool to face Cadsuane!

In fact, he is stronger than everibody else, beeing the soul fool to face Cadsuane!

Its the coditions that make that happen that makes me think they wont be hooking up.

IMO Cadsuane is a "Bullie" and Tam seems to not like Bullies.I do think he is someone who could put her in her place though.Well as much as an Aes Sedi could be.A la Rand with Moraine.

Definately Moraine and Thom.She did sort of open up to Egwene before they left Tear.And Moraine and Thom seem to know each other very well even though they don't let on.Lets not forget Thom spent alot of time in Carhein.

Sorry for the spelling... ::)

Archived