DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dictionary Game!!!

Locke

This is the Dictionary Game!  Every week, I will post a word and an acronym that you have never heard of (hopefully ;)) Then you PM me what you think the definition of the word is and the terms of the acronym.  After the week is up, I'll post all the results and the correct answer.  It is then your job to guess which definition and term is the correct one.  Guessing the correct answer wins points (in both the PM and in all the pooled answers), having your answer guessed gets points, and if no one guesses the right answers, I get points.

And a final note: NO GOOGLING!!!! (or using the internet or any other source to fine the answer)!!!!

;D

Points: Round 1   Points: Round 2   Points:  Round 3    Points: Round 4    Points: Round 5      Points: Round 6

Al Jenn: 5                     Al Jenn: 7              Ed: 6                      Al Jenn: 20         Ed:25                  MCS: 33

Talya: 4                        Talya: 7                 Talya: 4                  Aemon: 20         Al Jenn: 20          Aemon: 18

Krakalakachkn: 2         Ed:  10                  Al Jenn: 2               Ed: 4                  Aemon: 25          Crafty: 16

Meesh: 2                                         Eel: 10                  Jessi: 12                                   

Crafty: 10              Eel: 6

Ed: 2

First Five Rounds:

Al Jenn: 54

Ed: 45

Aemon: 40

Talya: 15

Eel-finn: 10

Crafty: 10

Meesh: 2

Krakalakachkn: 2

(+ an extra 5 to Al Jenn for having the most)

MCS: 33

Aemon: 18

Crafty: 16

Jessi: 12

Eel: 6

Ed: 2

Totals

Aemon: 58

Al Jenn: 54

Ed: 47

MCS: 33

Eel-finn: 16

Talya: 15

Crafty: 26

Jessi: 12

Meesh: 2

Krakalakachkn: 2   

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, the deadline's up.  The answers are as follows:

A)Cruciverbalism (n): The act of crossing your legs while mixing up the definitions of two words.

B)Cruciverbalism (n): The act of important or critical speaking.

C)Cruciverbalism (n): The art of creating crossword puzzles.

D)Cruciverbalism (n): Someone who has a morbid fascination for something cross shaped.

E)Cruciverbalism (n): A hidden truth.

1) HPM: Health Per Minute

2) HPM: High Powered Microwave

3) HPM: Harry Potter Magic

4) HPM: Harry Potter's Mum

5) HPM: Hairy Poop Monster

Okay.  So now you pick 1 of those answers for the word and the acronym that you think is right and highlight them.  For example, if I were voting, I might do something like this:

[glow=red,2,300]D)Cruciverbalism (n): Someone who has a morbid fascination for something cross shaped.[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]2) HPM: High Powered Microwave[/glow]

(Oh and, by the way, I used Random.org so don't think there's anything you can out of that example psychologically ;))

*edit*: Added one more HPM.

Archived