DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Kin's Biggest Loser

U4ea

The pedometer is a good idea; I do like walking anyway though the weather is too cold for that (I don't have a coat, currently), but I think wearing a pedometer would help me know how many steps I'm taking already, and also encourage me to move around more, so it's a good idea, Lor, thanks! :D

And that's great, Torrie!  One thing, more important than the weight itself, is being healthy, because if you're healthy, regardless of what you weigh or look like, you feel a lot better about yourself.  And, just working towards being healthy does a lot for how you feel.  If you're feeling better about yourself, and feel like something good is going on, you already are seeing results, even if they're not measurable. :)

I believe you can also get one with an AM/FM radio and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if you could find one with an MP3 player, too.

Come to think of it, I think my phone will do that... *wrinkles her brow*

Awesome, Jade! :D

Well, it was 34 degrees (Fahrenheit) outside, which feels really warm, these days, because it doesn't get above freezing that often. :D  So, I brought my light coat, even though it's broken and not very good, and I walked home from work today for the first time in a long time.

And I'm planning on fixing my sleep schedule, by training myself to go to bed before midnight, and maybe even by 11, we'll see.....  It shouldn't be too hard to start tonight, I just need discipline.  See, I didn't get much sleep last night, and I had to get up way earlier than usual for work, so I'm exhausted, so I shouldn't have a problem actually getting to sleep.

And in combination with going to bed earlier and waking up earlier, I want to start taking walks in the morning, as it gets warmer.  And if it doesn't, I can still bundle up a whole bunch and walk (just can't do that for work :P).

Well, my morning runs just got more interesting.  We are now fostering(with the intention of adopting) a Blue Pitbull.  His name is Bo.  He is several inches shorter than Maverick and Clyde, but about 10 lbs more(all muscle).

Now I don't have too much difficulty with the current two.....but three dogs on a run, might be a bit much.  :o

lol Well then. That should be an even better sight.

I got a hamburger from Burger King yesterday. It was good. Its been several weeks since I have eaten out so I think once is ok.

I am having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich today!  :)

I have lost a couple pounds... actually I weighed the same as before, but this time I did it at night (I always weigh more at night), and I had food in my stomach.

I also have restarted a modified Special K diet... I lost 10 lbs on it before. I can't follow it all the way though because of my schedule, but I still am doing it when I can.

I haven't had a coke in 4 days. *smiles* I'm replacing my coke intake with water and it's going ok so far. I had to break down and get one because... well, let's face it. I needed the caffeine. *smiles*

A friend and I are going on a trip. I'll have soda, steak and baked potato, and probably fries too. We're going on a boat, and when having to eat gluten free foods the alternative is often not so healthy when going on holiday. It'll be worth it though, and I'll be walking a lot. My friend and I are going to Copenhagen in Denmark.  ;D

I got really depressed this weekend.

I went to the doctors and got weighed. I have gained 20 pounds sines I started this job in May. 20 pounds!

I am serious now about losing some weight.

My mom has always been... hefty. She has slowly gained and gained over the years and now weighs close to 450 pounds.  She cannot walk, she cannot breath, she cannot enjoy her grandchildren, she cannot get into a car, she cannot fit into booths at a restaurant and worries the chair will break if she sits in it. She is 63 year old and has to use a walker to get around and also uses an electric wheel chair at her house.

I am 20 pounds away from 200 pounds. I am 29. I don't want to end up like my mom. I need to do something now. That number on the scale scared me.

Something to keep in mind.  It isn't all about the "weight".  It's more about fitness. 

People can get very hung up on the numbers.  And those stupid military and BMI charts don't help.  (Remember neither one of those accounts for frame size or muscle mass).  The big question is fitness.  Can you climb a flight of stairs without losing your breath?  Can you run a mile?  According to BMI, I am morbidly obese......not just fat.....apparently deadly gonna kill me fat.  Yet, I can do those things and then some.  Even when I had dropped the 30 lbs from no more soda, and was down to 240, I was considered morbid.  Given my frame and muscle mass.....I am not certain I could get below 220 and still feel healthy. 

Use either MSN or Google and type in Fit vs Fat.  It provides some really good insight on the debate.  There are a couple of bogus articles in there as well, but you'll get the idea. 

I would almost make the suggestion that we alter this from a biggest loser, to a get up and go thread. 

I agree, Sam, and thanks for the reminder.  :)

I am only 4' 11", but have always been muscular. According to my doctor I should be 100 pounds. Even in high school, when I was playing soccer, volleyball, softball and running a mile a day, I was 140. I will be very happy to get to 150-160. 

Yes, I can walk up steps without getting winded, but that running a mile thing gets me. That's in part to the pack of cigarettes I smoke a day.  ::)

The only reason we're doing the biggest loser is because we were talking about making it a competition, Sam. Since it doesn't seem to be a competition, I'm ok with whatever! And the good thing about Sparkpeople is that it's not just about weight. You choose what measurement tool you're using. I added all my hip, waist, arm and thigh measurements the other day, too. It's really a neat site and all completely free!

*grins at Onis* I was wondering who that was! Welcome to SparkPeople!

And I really need to get off my butt and get back to plugging info into the site. I wish they had a blackberry app... *sighs*

Oh, I get the concept....and I am not being grumpy about it....lol.  I just know that my wife has the "numbers" obsession.  So, I don't like to hear people get down on themselves about weight. 

It is very difficult to set a "weight" goal.  With the fluctuating pace it can be very frustrating.  It is much easier to set a fitness goal(Say, running 1 mile without walking) and let the weight fall off at it's own pace.  ;)

Archived