DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

2010 Resolutions

U4ea

This is a bit of a tradition at the Kin. The beautiful part is that we check up on each other, support each other and cheer each other on throughout the year to help get these goals met!

So, what are the three most important resolutions you're making for 2010?

OOO, I forgot to add mine!

My three resolutions are:

1- Get Peanut in a structured classroom by Summer.

2- Get pregnant by the end of the year.

3- Get something published.

That's a pretty long list to be only three things. *chews her lip*

So, ya'll think we should start a Biggest Loser for the Kin? WE could all chip in $5 and see who loses the most weight in 6 months. *smiles* We do this at the school I teach in, oddly enough.

Ya'll look like you're aiming as high as I am! :D Tell me what I can do to help!

And yes, Ed, dear, I write. *smiles* Lots and lots and lots...

Yes, and you're rather good at it, too, Lor! ;) :D

That might not be a bad idea, I'd be up for it.. (the Biggest Loser thing)

My most important resolutions...*thinks*

Gah, sometimes I feel like a confused little thing, ya know?

1. Figure out what I'm doing with my life.  I know this isn't always going to be set in stone but I need some goals and things to work toward and work on.

2. Get healthy (gain back the muscle I lost, continue to shave off the pounds, and work on healthier eating habits)

3. Move out.

I have other goals and stuff, but those are my main resolutions.  I want to also meet/visit my BF at least twice this year, and then do DragonCon together if at all possible; I want to win NaNoWriMo this year; I want to go back and work on 2009's NaNo project, because I didn't get to spend as much time with it as I wanted to.

Maybe start getting poetry published in places, too.

OH.  I forgot one that's even bigger than moving out, although not as life-changing (although it might work wonders for my attitude and self-image, who knows?).  I have several bad habits, as we all do, and sometimes I even get around to working on improving.  But as a specific New Year's resolution, something I'm determined to accomplish, I'm resolving to break one particular bad habit that is the one that bothers me the most and affects me the most in day-to-day living.  I hope it won't be a year-long effort, because it's not like a drug or anything, but I'm being nice to myself and giving myself the whole year so I don't have to beat myself up if I screw up during the year. ;)

*smiles* Thanks, Mmeesh! Seriously, it really is one of the very few things I admit to being good at.

And seriously, I wouldn't mind starting a Biggest Loser competition, if you want. It would just mean regular check ins and you being ok with me knowing what you weigh. *smirks* I'll post my weight, too, since I could use to lose a size or 6... *coughs*

The Kin Biggest loser sounds like a good idea.

Ok I think I am an odd one out. I made a resolution years and years ago (Maybe like 12 years ago) never to make any more resolutions and I have stuck by it! lol I always felt that I have my goals in my head and I don't need New Years to make or break any of them. lol

For those of you that want a kid or another one, I have one that you can borrow. She proceeded to break 2 snow globes this morning and fell in the floor throwing a fit because she could not carry her blanket to the babysitters.  This was as we were walking out the door and made us late. She also bites, hits, and will protect her sister to the point of death.

Any takers?

I'll take her, Torrie, on one condition...If I decide she's too naughty, can I eat her? <_< :P

I just thought of another one to add to my list of goals.  I've got a shawl to finish crocheting before September.  I put it aside to work on Christmas projects, but I really don't have any more excuse now. :P

Ok I think I am an odd one out. I made a resolution years and years ago (Maybe like 12 years ago) never to make any more resolutions and I have stuck by it! lol I always felt that I have my goals in my head and I don't need New Years to make or break any of them. lol

I stopped making them too... can't remember the exact reason... but a lot of people seem to have unrealistic expectations and make themselves miserable over the whole thing...  :-\

So... for me, not resolutions but some of the things I'm generally aiming for in the next few years...

• Work out what things make me happy and do more of them, more often :)
  • Procrastinate less
  • Finish Uni
  • Move out \o/

*laughs* I've had a particularly frustrating day of not getting much productive done (I just finished my lesson plans... I should've done them HOURS ago... *sighs*) and it's mostly chalked up to my darling. Although she didn't DO anything, us getting her "big girl" room put together so she continues not doing something is almost reason enough for me to forget about the baby thing.

Then she smiles. *sighs* she needs a little brother and I'm not getting any younger.

And I went for a long time not making resolutions, but honestly... they're more like goals to me. And if I don't write things down or put them out there, I'll let them slip. That's how I got to the lovely round figure I currently sport today and why, after writing on a near constant basis for the last 8 years I have only one story published.

So, since there seems to be some interest, I'm going to start a thread! *grins* whoo-hoo!

Oh this will be fun *Evil Grin*

OK Kinsters, time for ya'll to be exposed to the MyndJack Radio Blog. I just finished up a Walk The Plank segment for .. oh crap.. it's already tomorrow! . Ummm, tonight's show and being the lazy sod I am I simply posted the script as a blog post. Fairly clever of me if I do say so m'self.  

It's all about New Years Resolutions ... well mostly. There is the occasional informative sentence or two about Bedlam, scurrilous assertions made about TV Programmers, Purple Tongued Lawyers, nekkid ladies and gents and only a teensy bit o'profane outbursts. Pirates ARE on occasion just the slightest bit coarse in their speakin', so they arrrrrgh.

OH! Please do not think I'm lambasting any of my lovely Kinsters. No way Jose! Keelhaulin' ratbags most definitely do not dwell near this anchorage.  ;D

The Captain's Log

First resolution: Take better care of myself, and stay active while also getting enough rest. The balance is what I'm after.

Second resolution: Start school in August, to study nature and environment five hours a week. Most likely two hours one day and three hours another day.

Third resolution: Finish Wheel Of Time reading until book eleven before August. This means reading several chapters every day, and hopefully spend no more than four weeks per book. (Am now more than two thirds through book six).

I normally don't make these, but I have a few...

1. Lose 15-20 pounds at least, even though weight loss is a huge resolutions cliche. Now that I am a Reservist, I no longer have the daily physical strain of active duty... but I also no longer have the required PT either, so as of my last weigh-in this weekend, I can't even gain a pound or I'll be flagged.

2. Maintain 3.5 or higher GPA for the remainder of the school year.

3. Restore my savings (stupid GI Bill took too long to kick in) and get an emergency account to at least half of what I want it to be at.

4. Spend more time at the Kin!

5. Finish the Michael Creighton books on my reading list so I can get ready to start my WoT re-read!

6. Get promoted to Staff Sergeant.... and go to the leadership course for my current paygrade to get it over with first.

My favorite is #4, little brother! *grins*

Taking care of yourself is always a really good resolution, Onis!

Ya'll just let me know what I can do to help! :D

What you can do to help is to poke me and let me know that I'd better get back on track if I seem to go off track. I know for sure that you're good at such things. ;)

Archived