DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fresh trolloc jerky sold here!!!

GrandpaG

In these harsh economic times, a gleeman often has to find other sources of income to make ends meet.  This thread is my attempt to supplement my earnings.  The inspiration came from the post in the link below:

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,9354.msg1387480.html#msg1387480

So, don't do the "Green Eggs and Ham" thing on me...try it...you'll like it!!!

I chose to set up shop here at SG because some of the spammers at other sites might not have the guts to try my delicacy.  I think you guys are up for it.

Cost, you ask?

Well, if you buy beef jerky at the check out in WalMart, you pay about $4 - $7 depending upon how many ounces you buy and where you shop.  If you do the math, it figures to somewhere around $35 - $50 a pound (packaging included for free).  To be truly competitive, and because I have very little overhead, I'll let mine go for $2 per ounce or $15 per pound.  You can leave your imaginary money in the imaginary jar on the imaginary counter.

I'm also offering a cash reward of $20 for any tip leading me to a recently ended battle site where the One Power has been used to blow up trollocs.  False leads not accepted.  You get the cash when I get the kill.  Sound fair?

Enjoy your tasty treat!!!  >:D

Love,

Gramps

Zounds, what's this?

A feeble attempt to trick someone into reading my RP posts.  :-[

And, a poor attempt at cyber-humor...typical GrandpaG stuff.  ;D

* wraps up a pound of the good stuff in wax paper for his favorite and only customer *

* takes the $15 out of the jar *

* heads off to WalMart to buy himself some expensive raw meat to be grilled at a later date *

* stuffs the funny money into his pants *

Cash is cash!!!  ;D

* digs down to the bottom of yesterday's road kill *

* pulls out a big nasty smelling hunk of dried meat *

* slices off a sliver from the outer shell *

There you go.

Nice and chewy.

Did you want fries with that?

:)

By the way, if you or your friends hear of any trolloc fights, let me know so I can keep my supplies nice and fresh, OK?  Thanks.  Come again.  :-*

P.S. What do we call you? Gramps? Old man?

Just don't call me late for supper.  ;D

Besides the official titles shown in my siggy, I also am the "Baron of Butt Bombs"...a gift name given by her majesty queen reyler...because she likes me!!! (not)  :D

Gramps is quite commonly used.

So is Gwampy.

Old timer.

Pops.

Nobody has offically called me "stinky" to my face, but you never know what is posted once you are off line.  ;)

Long-winded?  Yup.

Crazy old man?  Yup.

Tinker vegetarian chili lover?  Yup.

Wolfkin tequila lake skinny dipper?  Yup.

In other words, call me whatever you like.

This is the world of fantasy.

"A bad day in fantasy is better than a good day in reality."

-- GrandpaG original

This is my favorite smiley guy:    >:D

Ask Nynaeve if she remembers me accidentally shooting her with my Two Rivers long bow during a performance while the Tinkers were visiting SG...many moons ago...I remember.  :-[

Ask Twitch if he ever posted in my "3,000 years in solitary confinement" thread...I remember...lmao!!!  ;D

Maybe if this deli counter doesn't fly for you, you could set up a Starbucks here in Shayol Ghul?  I hear the White Tower has a Starbucks. They get all the good stuff.  :-\

Where did you hear that?  I've been a member there for 3 years and have NEVER seen a starbucks. :-\

Actually,

This:

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,9354.msg1387480.html#msg1387480

was the main reason for posting this thread.

I wanted someone to see it and enjoy it, but didn't want to just come right out and say "hey...wanna see my post?".  ;)

EDIT:

P.S.

Some of the posts after this one get pretty good, too.  Takes a few minutes to read, but worth it.  IMO.

Archived