DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Puppy!

mmeeshal

So my maternal grandma paid for us to get a puppy as a Christmas present to my family.  He's a Jack Russell terrier.

I don't really like him.  He's kind of a brat, and not even cute enough to make up for it.

I think that's just me, though.  Our next-door neighbor loves him, most of my siblings love him, and my dad loves him.

So maybe I'm just being a spoilsport.  I still don't like the dog though.  I wish we didn't have to get a dog.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well duh. :P

I also want a pet snake, since my dad's allergic to cats, but surprise surprise, my parents don't like snakes either.

I like cats better because I just kind of connect with them better.  Get along with them better.  Maybe we're both just really bratty. ;D

One of my cats is pretty hilarious.  She has the softest fur ever but she's scared of everything and she'll run away from you almost any time you come within 3 feet of her.  When she doesn't run she will walk away from you after a few seconds if you pet her.  If you're sitting in the armchair though, she'll hop onto the arm of the chair and stick her paw at your side/back until you move forward and let her in behind you.  She then climbs in behind you, climbs onto the other arm of the chair, turns around, and settles in behind you facing the side she came from (always the same side).  Once she is surrounded by the four walls made by your back and the chair, she is ready to be pet.  This is the only way she'll let you pet her for more than a few seconds.  Oh yeah, also she's kinda stupid.  She'll forget things after a few seconds.  Once she kept hopping onto the arm of the chair trying to get behind my mom and then kept running away when my mom pet her instead of moving forward, then coming back after a about 5-10 seconds.  She did this about 9 times until someone opened the door or something and she got scared and ran away.

I don't like cate, I'm allergic to them too. Snakes would be a no, no...I have a phobia about them.

However I love dogs and my pooch was a cutie when he was young. I'm not too keen on Terriers though, I prefer the bigger dogs, they don't have that little dog syndrome that some men also have ;)

Archived