DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Music To Read WoT By

Zidel333

On the first read-through of a WoT book, I have a lineup of classical music CD's ready including Tchaikovski, Wagner, Dvorak, Liszt, etc.  Sometimes in between I flip to the classical masterpieces digital music channel too, but not usually.  The genre seems to fit with an epic fantasy quite well.  Grandiose passages supplemented by grandiose, sweeping instrumental epics make me grip the book cover just a little bit harder. 

In TGS, I was reading about the Seanchan attack on the White Tower when Wagner's 'Ride of the Valkyries' came on, triggering an extremely appropriate flashback to the "Apocalypse Now" helicopter scene... 

One of the songs in the group is the 1812 Overture, which may be perfect for some upcoming battles with Mat and Aludra's 'Dragons'  ;D  Guess I'll have to wait a while before a fresh new first time read though  :P

Generally I like listening to Blind Guardian, Rhapsody, Within Temptation (particularly the song Forsaken) and DragonForce while reading fantasy. Rhapsodys music is a fantasy story by itself really, could be used as an audiobook :p

• 3 weeks later...

Hey look a grave-dig.

Rand from books 7-12, after he's caged.- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niZJjjBuksA- Bleeding Me- Metallica

Can't stop to save my soul

I think it describes Rand's feeling he has no time to make the world a better place like he wanted, he simply wants to have the world ready for the Last Battle.

I take the leash that's leading me

His feeling of everyone trying to tie strings to him, trying to pull him along.

Archived