• The Big Bang Theory
    • The Office
    • V
    • True Blood
    • How I Met Your Mother
    • Dollhouse
    • Mad Men
    • Something Else

Personally I went with Dexter.  Dexter is always strong.  This season with John Lithgow has been extemely well acted and the plot has been quite good.  I am always impressed with each episode.  I can not say that about many of the other shows on the list.

I would probably put Mad Men next.  Again the character development was VERY strong and the plot is extremely good.

After that I have always laughed at every episode of Modern Family then I would put HIMYM (slapskiving is always classic). 

House is new to me as I just caught up on the previous seasons... so I am coming late to the game.  It would probably beat out Modern Family and go third on my list now that I think about it.

Glee started REALLY strong and has slowly faded.  It is turning into more HSM and less a dark comedy.  It would be somewhere mid range on my list.  I keep hoping to see more of what I love about the show.

Quirky favourites list. Out of the shows I recognise, only House is consistently on the money. V is kind of fun, but focuses way too heavily on weepy "nobody understands me!" teenage angst. Dollhouse is very uneven.

I'd take Leverage or Lie to Me over most of these shows, Castle and Bones are more fun and have more enjoyable central romances, and Supernatural and Battlestar Galactica are the shows that I drop everything to watch.

Now that Battlestar Galactica is off the air, it's Supernatural that makes my week.

edit: As for their 2009 performance, it's a tough call between Battlestar Galactica and Supernatural. I thought a lot of the final Battlestar Galactica episodes were brilliant, and I also enjoyed the made-for-TV movie The Plan. In 2009 Supernatural delivered the awesome climax of season four and I'm also enjoying season five. Tough one.

Battlestar Galactica. I loved the final episodes.

Dexter and Mad Men are on CHANNELS THAT I DONT HAVE.

House is too formulaic and getting predictable.

I liked watching 24 better than House now that I think about it.

Burn Notice and Royal Pains are other good ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Empy on Glee: it started strong and has been weak lately.

Chuck was really good.

Modern Family was hysterical.

30 Rock has been my favorite comedy this season.  Tina Fey and the other writers have been spot on every episode.  The past two episodes have been particularly funny and clever.

24 was great, and I can't wait to see the 2010 season.

Agrees with Charis. NCIS always delivers the goods and I can never get enough of it. Stargate Universe was another fav this year. With its new style which is a massive departure from what I had become used to with SG-1 and SGA. Its different but good in its own way.

out of the list, had to go with Dex :) 

others on my list were "Tudors", "Burn Notice", "United States of Tara"  and "Lie to Me"  in that order :)

infact, i should really change my vote to other, because "Tudors" is the only show that i just could not miss a new epi at all :)

while with Dex, i didn't want to miss a new epi, but was happy catching the re-run the next day.

*cries*  and this is Tudors last season  *sulks*

Archived