DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

Nynaeve is also warned by Birgete in TaR[when she entered from Tanchico after Elayne got plaster] and went to Rhuedean and saw the "man" walking along the edge of the fog and trying to peer in.Not entering,[maybe he could'nt].She tells her to leave before she is seen because he will kill her.Then shoots an arrow at her.

That man was Asmodean. And no, he couldn't enter because that was the fog of Rhuidean. One can not enter Rhuidean in T'A'R.

I still think the big thing is the unheeded warning of T'A'R in-the-flesh entry. The first in-the-flesh entry may have occurred in tDR, but the first warning against it didn't come until tSR. If there exists some adverse affect either on the pattern or on T'A'R from in-the-flesh entry, then it has been accumulating since book 3 without much regard for the Wise One's warning.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks luckers you took a bullet for me there. I wasn't relishing going back through it and I was only going back like fifty pages to find it.

Another thought, the Horn of Valere doesn't seem to be connected to the One Power. So who made it? The Creator? DO? The Pattern itself? Deus ex machina?

Is the horn nothing to do with the power? So the dream place, wolfbrothers, the power of arhidol, portal stones and is there anything else not power related but powerful?

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster, you know the deal...

Disclaimer:  I have not read all 234 pgs of this discussion, so bear with me.

Doing a re-read, and I noticed that Mat DIES twice in 4-6 (hangin' from a tree in TSR, and then Rahvin kills him, Aviendha, and Asmodean in Caemlyn in TFoH)  Perhaps this means his link to the Horn is no longer secure????  And thus, anyone else can now summon the heroes to fight...for the shadow perhaps?

ALEA IACTA EST

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster, you know the deal...

Disclaimer:  I have not read all 234 pgs of this discussion, so bear with me.

Doing a re-read, and I noticed that Mat DIES twice in 4-6 (hangin' from a tree in TSR, and then Rahvin kills him, Aviendha, and Asmodean in Caemlyn in TFoH)  Perhaps this means his link to the Horn is no longer secure????  And thus, anyone else can now summon the heroes to fight...for the shadow perhaps?

ALEA IACTA EST

RJ has stated that hanging from the tree Mat did not quite die.

Crossroads of Twilight book tour 20 January 2003 - Dayton, OH

Q:  How long Mat was hanging from the Tree of Life in Rhuidean?

RJ: Long enough.

Q:  Long enough for what?

RJ: Long enough to be almost dead.

What if SPQR78 is right? OK the hanging didn't do it, but without the intervention of Rand's balefire obliterating Rahvin, Mat was indeed toast at that point. And obv for at least a few mins - Rand sees him and Avi toes up, and goes after Rahvin. Cue at least 10-15 mins wandering round the palace, through TAR's watery scapes and what not. Surely even though the balefire undid the killing, it wouldn't reconnect Mat to the Horn? Or would it? Gaaah, I don't like when I wander near the metaphysical stuff...

I love how "Lucker's Theory" has been posted several times and never really discussed, but when Luckers posts the exact same theory everyone instantly agrees with it. I like the theory and I'm not dissing Luckers, but the reaction to it was pretty funny if you ask me. :D

I love how "Lucker's Theory" has been posted several times and never really discussed, but when Luckers posts the exact same theory everyone instantly agrees with it. I like the theory and I'm not dissing Luckers, but the reaction to it was pretty funny if you ask me. :D

I've read every page and I found it pretty funny as well.  :D  I gotta admit though Luckers, you did bring a lot to the table with your post.  It makes me put it at the top of my list.  Before that it was always the red banded ail, not being dark friends necessarily, but something more.  Definitely not male channelers though.  That and Entering Tar in the Flesh.  I'm doing a reread, only at TdR now, can't wait to get to 4-6 and peer through them myself. 

Ah, okay, the hangin' death didn't happen. Hadn't seen that quote from RJ.

No idea if balefire could reconnect him though.  But if he was fated to die and live again, does that reset the horn?  May not be the BUT, but it is food for thought, methinks.

ALEA IACTA EST

I've read every page and I found it pretty funny as well.   :D  I gotta admit though Luckers, you did bring a lot to the table with your post.  It makes me put it at the top of my list.  Before that it was always the red banded ail, not being dark friends necessarily, but something more.  Definitely not male channelers though.  That and Entering Tar in the Flesh.  I'm doing a reread, only at TdR now, can't wait to get to 4-6 and peer through them myself. 

I like to provide oomph. By the way I was never trying to claim I was the only one that thought of it--I think the 'my recent idea' comment was poorly worded--it only just occurred to me before I posted, but I'd only decided to delve into this issue about three weeks ago--I was up to page 112 when I decided to make my declaration.

And not only here, this idea has been brought up on other boards too. I've just finished going through everything, and the only idea to date that has been suggested just the once was Bob T Dwarfs Silver Arrow idea. WoT fans are just fracking brilliant.

Couple more days at least before my compilation thread goes up. I need to flesh out some points and refine others before I post. Mostly my notes are pretty bare at this stage--for instance my siswai'amen entry reads: 'Aiel being funky'.

Soon though. Soon I will be done with this idiotic chore I chose for myself. Lol.

The Dreaded Beast of Aaaaaaaaaaargh...

Slayer of Asmodean?

Actually, I found this quote from Norm Macdonald about that...

Some guy: Hey, Norm, who killed Asmodean?

Norm: The killer of Asmodean was.....YEP...YOU GUESSED IT. FRANK STALLONE.

I think Norm would say it's O.J. Simpson!

I've read every page and I found it pretty funny as well.   :D  I gotta admit though Luckers, you did bring a lot to the table with your post.  It makes me put it at the top of my list.  Before that it was always the red banded ail, not being dark friends necessarily, but something more.  Definitely not male channelers though.  That and Entering Tar in the Flesh.  I'm doing a reread, only at TdR now, can't wait to get to 4-6 and peer through them myself. 

I like to provide oomph. By the way I was never trying to claim I was the only one that thought of it--I think the 'my recent idea' comment was poorly worded--it only just occurred to me before I posted, but I'd only decided to delve into this issue about three weeks ago--I was up to page 112 when I decided to make my declaration.

And not only here, this idea has been brought up on other boards too. I've just finished going through everything, and the only idea to date that has been suggested just the once was Bob T Dwarfs Silver Arrow idea. WoT fans are just fracking brilliant.

Couple more days at least before my compilation thread goes up. I need to flesh out some points and refine others before I post. Mostly my notes are pretty bare at this stage--for instance my siswai'amen entry reads: 'Aiel being funky'.

Soon though. Soon I will be done with this idiotic chore I chose for myself. Lol.

Well I'm rereading awaiting to get to 4-6, and I"m at TdR.  Perrin has entered dreamland multiple times by now, and theres no mention of unseen eyes watching just yet.  If I come across it before book 6, I'll post in this thread.  And even if it isn't the BUT, I still say we'll learn more about the red head banded aiel.  Also, I could have sworn at some point Moraine or somebody says the blues are secretly the ajah of the dragon. 

I just read through all the references to the unseen eyes Luckers posted and I find it a bit odd that all of them were from when El/Ny/Eg entered Tel’aran’rhiod. Has Perrin ever commented on them when he entered TAR in the first few books?

I think the unseen eyes are wolves that live in the dreamworld.

Edit: I just saw that Perrin not noticing this has already been commented on.

If it's the wolves, I have to wonder how this can be a big unnoticed thing. We know the wolves are in T'A'R. We know they can spy on the Forsaken. So we already knew they were unseen eyes in T'A'R, after a fashion. Them being the unseen eyes makes sense, but it doesn't add enough to feel "big" to me.

Something odd popped into my head slightly off topic.  Could Laras be Messana?  Your average cook knowing a Black Sister (Verin) and having a hidey-hole and the right poison...?  Something going on with her, can't remember what book, but Min suffering through hair, dresses, and makeup in the earlier books noted that the woman talked of being a beauty, and odd things about how the cook could move and ruled with that spoon as if it were a scepter.  Do we have actual quote that Messana is an Aes sedai?

Archived