DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Other methods of RP?

claireducky

No, I don't mean other WoT or even other post-based roleplay sites....I want to know if any of you do any other RP Gaming that uses different methods than the post-based we do here?

Do you RP in a chat client with others?  I remember back in the day when the #malkavians channel in IRC was hoppin with that type of RP.

What about table-top gaming?  I consider that a kind of RP, as you are playing somewhat in character during the course of the game session.

Several MMORPGS that aren't necessarily RP-geared themselves (like World of Warcraft) offer servers you can play on where everybody RPs.  I haven't tried one of these servers myself, but I always thought it would be fun.

Where are the re-enactors and LARPers and SCA folks at?  I've always wanted to learn more about this, especially the SCA (I want to learn to costume!)

This definitely isn't all the methods of RP, but just all I can think of right now off the top of my head. Tell me about what other methods you use, or if you only do post-based, which ones catch your eye to try in the future!

When MSN chat rooms were still up and running in the UK, that was how I used to RP. The whole conversation was "in character" and each room had specific rules and set storyline. Mostly, the ones I did were medieval based fantasy... knights, kings, battles etc. It was quite a fun easy way to RP and make friends since you could hold an OOC conversation through private "whisper" boxes at the same time.

Other than that, I've done minor RPing over messenger once or twice. Too much typing for such a small box and too much hanging around waiting for responses. I only RP on forums now (all WoT or LotR based).

Oh and I play Runescape, an MMORPG. Totally love it and completely addicted lol.

I'm not much of a Consol RPer. The only exception is WoW which isn't really RP for me at all.

Sundays are often D&D for me and my Druidic male Half-Orc with his pet Squirrel. (I nearly killed him last session when I kicked in a secret door and then proceeded to drop 60+ feet. The DM rolled crappy for damage so I lived. Thankfully.) And Tuesdays are now designated Zombie night, women only. Male character again, and I'm shaggin' one of the other players... or at least hope to. Jasper is a bit of a douche. :lol:

Mostly it's forum RP for me but pulling out the dice is just as satisfying. <#

Hoo boy! I'd been playing D&D pretty regularly until we had our second child. I prefer the Forgotten Realms campaign, but I've done others, including home-made worlds. I started playing D&D v2.0, and even though I don't actively rp, I own most of the books for 4.0. I've also played Vampires, Wolf, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (yes, there was a table top RP for the show!), Wheel of Time (they have the best magic system I have ever played with!!!!), and I tried this other one...but I don't actually remember what it is called, which should give you some indication of how good it was.

In college my friends and I started a Student Organization called "Dice-Slingers", which meant that we had funding from the college to purchase books and supplies. It was seriously like heaven. Imagine a horde of college trench coat mafia descending upon a comic book store in Ann Arbor, just dropping entire shelves into boxes for purchase. The people working there were in frenzied heaven. That was back in 2000, and as far as I know, the Org is still going strong! :D

Then when I joined DM in '04, Cerena got me started in online post-based RP. Then I started playing FFXI and I joined an RP linkshell (like a guild). I played that game for 4 years, and then recently went over to WoW, where I have a character on an RP server, but I haven't really been able to get into it. I guess I still don't really understand how it works, since I don't know anyone on an RP server. :P