DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dexter season four

Alea iacta est

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really i had started thinking on the whole Harry is a ghost type thing.

after seeing how Harry reacted to how Rita was effecting Dex, i relaly think that Harry is the form that Dex's Dark passenger takes in Dex's mind.  instead of seeing himself, he see's Harry.  Harry is the one that taught Dex how to control and manipulate his Dark Passenger to kill bad guys; plus there is the talk of 'Harry's Code'

i think subconciously Dex might associate his Dark passenger with Harry and not with what he went through in the shipping container. 

i say this because of how threatened Harry started to get over Rita and Dex's family.  especially once Dex decided he wanted to stop; and how quick harry was jumping on Dex's guilt for putting his family at danger.  Harry's actions and accusations towards Dex seemed alot like a self preservation technique.

a manifisatation of the Dark passenger in Physical form would make sense, because Dex is always seperates himself from the Dark Passenger, always implying that it is a seperate part of himself.

as for Rita becoming a ghost, that is a possibility.  it would be a physical manifisttion of Dex's guilt; a way for him to process the loss mentally and overcome it.

• 2 weeks later...
When Michael C. Hall won a Golden Globe award for Best Actor in a Television Drama, the Dexter star made no mention of cancer, but backstage, he told reporters that he was "on the road to recovery" after secretly battling Hodgkin's lymphoma.

"I had every intention of keeping it quiet, but because the award shows were imminent, I figured I'd make a statement," said the 38-year-old actor, who said in a statement last week that he was nearing the end of his treatment and that his disease was now in remission.

He added: "It was nice to be able to make a statement with my treatment that I was able to assure people that I was really on the road to recovery."

• 2 weeks later...

the shit with rita at the end had everyone in my group sitting up straight! none of us could believe it!

now we are completely freaking about harrisan and ending up like dexter, how he's gonna deal with the 3 kids now that rita is gone...is he gonna have time for the dark passenger? how will he cope with the stress?

according to the code having a baby sitter on night when people disappear might be a bad thing...is Astor old enough to watch the kids?

i was disapointed about the whole deb/dex's mom thing but i *really* loved her character this season and this is coming from someone who usually finds her possibly the most annoying character on the show

she's such a better character when he plot for the season isnt "who's she dating this time?"

i think that ritas parents will fight for custody of astor and cody.  they may try for harrison too.  also, isn't ritas ex still alive.

i think the custody battle over the two older kids was the reason for bringing in Ritas parents in that season. 

• Community Administrator

i think that ritas parents will fight for custody of astor and cody.  they may try for harrison too.   also, isn't ritas ex still alive.

i think the custody battle over the two older kids was the reason for bringing in Ritas parents in that season. 

Or they'll endorse Dexter over the Ex.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are talking about the first husband... not the one that died in jail.

I just finished watching S4... bloody hell... I was so happy he killed Trinity (I love John Lithglow though), and then to come up and find Rita dead...

I can't wait till S5. :)

Dexter

"Dexter" executive producer Sara Colleton tells EW that the fifth season of the series, scheduled to air in the Fall, will avoid the big guest-star antagonist next season it seems.

"John Lithgow is a tough act to follow. If there was ever a year that we could take a step back from the big bad formula and go deeper into Dexter and his psychology, this would be that year" says Colleton, who is quick to add our favourite serial killer will still do some murdering.

More immediate though will be dealing with the emotional fallout from the last scene of the fourth season finale.

• 5 weeks later...

Just finished season 4, and I have to say that was the best ending to a series so far for Dexter, in my oppinion. Talk about screwing up a characters mind! Season 5 has a LOT of potential after Ritas death.

For the record, I think Ritas death DOES fit Trinitys MO. First off Dexter ruined his pattern-hence the "I want you out of my life" confrontation in the Miami Metro office-awesome cliffhanger for the penultimate episode. After that, Dexter goes out and captures Trinity, but then gets arrested. Trinity wakes up, and thinks "Showtime." No messing; Dexter had him, and would pay for that.

As soon as I saw Dexters kid in the pool of blood I thought the writers are geniuses. I mean, Ive been thinking that all the way through anyway, but Ritas death all by itself opens up an entirely new direction for Dexters development. Ooooh! Hes going to lose control!!!

Think about this. From Debbies PoV, she finds out Dexters mum was cut up and that his brother was the Ice Truck Killer. Next thing she hears is gonna be that hes found Rita dead, and the conditions are almost identical to what happened to Dexter and his brother. Is Debbie now going to start distancing herself from Dexter? I mean, I know she just had a heart-to-heart with him saying she wouldnt be the same person without him, but... she didnt have a scene like this in her mind does she?!?!

Mike Hall is a fantastic actor. Dexter is a FATNTASTIC character. Who would have thought we would empathize with a serial killer?

Awesome program. Cant wait for season 5.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the cast & director/writers did an interview type setup at the San Diego Comic Con. here are the clips :) note, if you haven't watched season 4 yet, the below links will contain spoilers.

i can only post two media's at a time, so it was just easier to link them :)

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

05.jpg

Dexter Doll Strikes Controversy

basically some parents are fussing at a local Toys'R'US for marketing a clearly marked 18+ Dexter Action figure in with their other action figures. because he's human and a serial killer.

i do think that Toys'R'Us should make an 18+ section for that market area, but they should also be allowed to sell these items seeing as they are toys.

even so, it's got a clearly marked age restriction and you can always tell your kid "no you can't have that" and considering some of the toys they sell (like items which encourage kids to hit eachother) is this action figure all that bad?

so did anyone catch the new episode??

was actually kinda meh, more on the closure for Rita's plot influence and building up Dex's cahracter a bit for how he will go.

one thing though. about time Quinn!!! About frickin time :biggrin: i've been waiting for those two to get together since season 2 lmao

Archived