DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hospital food bingo...

el Nynaeve

I was reading my copy of The Independent this morning and ran across this little gem of an article:

Patient won't take hospital food lying down

A hospital patient has become so disgruntled by meal times he has resorted to taking photographs of his food and inviting bloggers to guess what the dish is.

The blogger, who identifies himself as “Traction Man”, has been in hospital for 20 weeks undergoing treatment to correct skeletal problems. He says he was “struck down by a bone and flesh-eating bug”. To pass the time the 47-year-old has taken to provided a daily review of his meals – uploading photographs from his mobile phone.

“The entrees tend to be uniform beige,” he explains. “Most of the vegetables need to go in a spin dryer before you get to eat them. And the jam roly-poly certainly tastes like it’s been rolled – right across the kitchen floor.”

His followers correctly guessed about half of the dishes.

Can you fare any better? It’s not easy. The Department of Health declined to identify the most mysterious dish from this most unappetising of parades (it was chilli con carne).

hospital-food_242656t.jpg

I liked the quote about the jam roly-poly, funniest thing I've seen all day!! :D

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the one time I had a week long stay in a hospital, they said I wasn't allowed to eat anything for the first four days and by that time I think I might have eaten anything. :P

They can't even do toast right, I think I could have used mine as a boomerang and maybe knocked out a couple of nurses. :D ::)

I'll be getting the comp up today, so keep a lookout for it. ;D

Archived