DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Project Runway Season 6 - Lifetime - Thur 10pm est

Yveva

I finally caught up this weekend...the designs with the newspaper was really interesting! I love it when they have tasks like that, because I always think how in the world will they do something with that?...And then they come up with some fantastic stuff.

So this is where the historical recreation costumer gets pissy about the outcome of the winners and losers.

If someone is told to make a period piece, then they shouldn't be penalized for, you know, being period accurate.  In addition, if somene is told to make a period piece, then they shouldn't be rewarded for going more of a sci fi/fantasy route and making something that would have been considered obscene in the period.  There are way s to put a personal touch to a period accurate design.  There are even ways to modernize a period costume without taking it completely out of period accuracy.  Plus, Christopher wasn't Stuck with the Period Piece selection.  He chose it.  He should have been prepared to back up the "period" part.  It was stupid of him to pick that option if he didn't know anything about historical fashion.

I didn't want either Ramon or Louise to go.  I like them both.  I feel super bad for Ramon since he pulled that dress out of nowhere.  And I like Louise a lot too.  This challenge was a tough shakedown and I totally agree with all the criticism Louise was given, so I may have actually chosen her to go home if it were me deciding. 

I am bummed that Nicholas won, but he did deserve to win.  Of course, this is where he has the most experience, so naturally he won.  But I was hoping he would be sent home this week.

I do not agree with neither winner nor eliminated.

Ramons dress was slightly worse than that of Louise, but at least he worked to meet the demands of the challenge, where Louise just made a dress. She had no story, no vision, and that should have had consequences.

I was not as wowed by Nicholas dress as the judges. I really do not see it fitting the character he made, there was so much he could have done with tha, and he played the safest card possible.

I wanted Efferson to win. That dress was pure brilliance.

And I was very disappointed with the action-costumes. I was totally hoping someone would make a sexed-up Elektra suit ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Blue challenge: I agree with both. Irinas dress was absolutely stunning, and while I did not like the colour of the other pieces top, the piece itself was good. And Louise...Both pieces looked like the model had puked up that chunk of ruffles, it was just awful.

Anti-wedding dress: Irina should have won this as well, that dress was so well done. Jordanas was good, just not that good. And while Eppersons dress sucked, it was still the best of the bottom three. Logans was poorly made, and seemed o have been fitted on a completely different person. And Christoffer...Garbage bag + a belt? Christoffer should have gone home.

Oh come on! Third week in a row that Christoffer stands there, and yet again he survives. This time with a dress far worse then Shirins.

The winner, for me they could have tossed a coin between Althea and Carol Hannas, both deserved to win.

• 2 weeks later...

Unbelievable! Chrisopher is in bottom two again, and again he survives *shakes head*. Granted, I am happy to see Nicholas out, but it has moved beyond ridicilous with Christopher.

Quite fun with him though, had he not cut the skirt, it would have been a perfect dress for an Aiel Wise One. never expected to see that on Project Runway ;D

Great work by Irina, very worthy winner. And great that she did not use real fur.

I think I might have picked the same top 3 two weeks ago, but Gordana seems to be coming strongly after having lurked in the background most of the show. I definitly see her as a dark horse.

And I would not completely rule out Logan. He has almost never impressed, but he has not really screwed up either. So he could hit top 3 just thanks to the mistakes of others.

• 2 weeks later...

Well then, in the end the three most deserving got to the final. Though I would say that my warning about Gordana coming as a dark horse had its merits, felt that it was very close between her and Althea in the end. But it would have been a shame if Althea had missed out on the final just because she screwed up the very last piece. On the other hand, Gordanas final piece was the best of the last challenge. Sigh, they should have sent both of them to NY ;D

But more important, Christoffers luck finally ran out. Had he made it to fashion week, I am not sure if I could have watched it.

I think the final will be very much between Irina and Althea. C-H is too much about pretty dresses, I am not so sure she can pull off an entire collection with a coherrent diversity.

Very much looking forward to what Althea can do, now that she actually has a bit of time to get the work done. And time has been her greatest issue over the season.

Irina has already showed that she can perform on a very high level, and I will be very disappointed if she comes up with something less than Absolutely stunning.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I was actually quite pleased Irina won, even though I disliked her through most of the competition. She deserved it. I was surprised that I actually like Carol Hana's collection a lot too, though. I agree with what the judges said about hers not connecting as a collection, because none of her pieces looked very similar at all, although I did feel all her pieces related to her ideas about gothic architecture and fairy tales. Althea's I was a bit bored with, to be honest. Well put together and wearable clothes, but to me, all the outfits were almost too similar. And much of what we've seen from her before.

Archived