DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Movie] Warcraft

Silver

I didn't even know a Warcraft movie was in the works but apparently there is, or will be at least.

Sam Raimi has signed on to direct "Warcraft," the live-action film adaptation of the fantasy video game franchise "World of Warcraft."

Legendary Pictures and video game publisher Blizzard Entertainment are mounting the film, and Warner Bros. will co-finance and distribute. The team boasts an impressive pedigree: In addition to the director of "Spider-Man," the partners have added "The Dark Knight" producer Charles Roven to the creative mix.

Continued HERE

Have to wonder what the movie will focus on. There's a lot of lore in the Warcraft universe and lots of good stories to make a movie on.

Bruce Campbell is in talks to play Leeroy Jenkins as we speak ;)

My understanding is that the plot consists around a n00b who has to spend the first five hours of the movie killing boars before he's tough enough to join in a raid which kills a bad guy who comes back two hours later so a bunch of other people can come kill him.

Bruce Campbell is in talks to play Leeroy Jenkins as we speak ;)

My understanding is that the plot consists around a n00b who has to spend the first five hours of the movie killing boars before he's tough enough to join in a raid which kills a bad guy who comes back two hours later so a bunch of other people can come kill him.

Boars???

Now, I have never played WoW, but is not the common target practice for n00bs rats? Boars sound a wee bit advanced, something you might want to save until you are at least level 3.

;D

• Community Administrator

Bah, the folks at Blizzard can never have seen a real boar.

You obviously haven't played Warcraft, Orcs favorite food is, Pork. Thus, boars. Night elves kill baby kittens. Evil lil bastards.

You obviously haven't played Warcraft, Orcs favorite food is, Pork. Thus, boars. Night elves kill baby kittens. Evil lil bastards.

I would strongly recommend getting your pork from pigs...

• Community Administrator

Well, boar is simply the term for an Adult Male of a given species. In the case of Pigs, An adult male IS a boar. Theres also various Species, like Wild Boar, But they are all inter-related. Pigs are basically Domesticated Boar. If you've ever played Warcraft, you'd know that there isn't much domestication going on... Specially with orcs.

Well, boar is simply the term for an Adult Male of a given species. In the case of Pigs, An adult male IS a boar. Theres also various Species, like Wild Boar, But they are all inter-related. Pigs are basically Domesticated Boar. If you've ever played Warcraft, you'd know that there isn't much domestication going on... Specially with orcs.

In this case, I would say it is quite safe to assume that the boars in question are wild boars, since domesticated pigs are rarely found out in the wild waiting to be slayed by eager n00bs.

And once you are familiar with which kind of boar we e talking about, it is time to start thinking about what said boar would want to do to the unaware n00b that dares to come close. The typical boar is built like a badger on steroids, with a pair of very nasty tusks as a bonus. And they come with a temper that makes a badger seem like a lapdog. Just ask Robert Baratheon ;D

Granted, perhaps one should not expect a game that features things like Orchs to worry that much about keeping things strictly realistic, but what the heck ;D

Orks* <.<

Orcs. Spelling it 'orks' might have tipped Games Workshop over the edge and sent them scurrying to their lawyers to sue Blizzard's ass off (something I'm sure they've regretted not doing 11 million times since 2004 anyway).

ow wait another great scene..

20 people gather for an epic assault on the Epic Raid !!! :o

oh wait afk i gotta go bio... :P

brb food gonna burn... :-\

afk a min phone... :-X

hey gimme a min ima afk an put the baby in the playpen brb... :'(

one sec runnin to store for cigarettes an beer ... :(

an about 45 mins later to an hour ok peeps u ready?  ???

Sam Raimi's production difficulties.

Source

Videogames and movies get along like cats made of oil and dogs made of water. There have been a few good games based on films, but the best you can say about movies based on videogames is that they haven’t actually killed anyone yet.

Things may be improving, though. By giving respected director Sam Raimi the reins to the World of Warcraft movie, Hollywood is giving us reason to think that we’ll finally have a videogame movie at least as good as Darkman.

Dare we hope? Dare we dream? Dare we stand in line for weeks dressed as a Night Elf druid?

Luckily, Wired.com acquired a device that lets us peer into the near future, and we were able to get a peek at Raimi’s production diary for the Warcraft movie, which is due in 2011. Here’s what we were able to make out:

Day 1

I’ll say it: I, Sam Raimi, am a genius. My decision to hire actual World of Warcraft players as extras was a stroke of brilliance. We get lots of publicity, they work for free and some of them are bringing their own swords! This is going to be great.

Day 2

OK, problems. To start with, there’s a huge line of extras waiting to get on the set, and every time we get a bunch of them in, the scenery crashes. My technical advisers say this is normal for a launch, and they’re working on it. In the meantime, they suggest that I build several identical sets, and encourage the extras to transfer to the other sets.

Day 12

We’ve got the set problem worked out, but I’m still getting a lot of complaints from the extras. They’re saying the sides are unbalanced, that the Horde side has Scarlett Johansson and the Alliance just has Halle Berry. I asked my technical advisers what calms nerds down, and they said I should add a Scarlett Johansson to the Alliance and a Halle Berry to the Horde to make things fair. They also said, and I’m quoting here, “Nerf Shia LaBeouf.” I fired them.

Day 33

I can’t believe how hard it is to get any work done on this project. There are extras goofing off everywhere, but it takes an hour of asking around to get a group of 10 of them together to shoot a scene. And then, just when we’re about to start filming, one of them suddenly has to leave because his mother needs him to clean his room or something.

Day 48

I’m starting to regret firing the technical advisers. Someone needs to explain to me how these dorks think. For instance, whenever the extras “kill” someone during a battle scene, they immediately stop fighting and start grabbing pieces of his costume. Even the ears! If I didn’t know better, I’d think someone was paying them for detached body parts, but that’s crazy talk.

Day 75

Why is it that every time we wrap for the day, one of the extras asks me to “open a portal to Dalaran”? Is he asking for drugs?

Day 103

I can’t tell you how pissed off I am. I keep giving the extras simple instructions for the final battle scene: When Kel’Thuzad raises his staff, run left. When he raises his orb, run right. That’s all there is to it, but every time we shoot, a bunch of extras run the wrong way, right into the pyrotechnics. Every time! We must have tried shooting the scene two dozen times and someone always screws it up. Worse yet, we keep having to put shooting on hold while they get their armor repaired.

Day 108

I think I’ve got it. A production assistant suggested I provide the extras with incentives they understand. I’ve ransacked the prop department for every cheesy fantasy tchotchke and outfit I could find, and I’ve started handing them out at the end of a day’s work. I thought I’d have to give everyone something, but it turns out I can just give them, like, five things and let them fight over who gets them. They’ve set up their own elaborate rules for who gets what, but it’s made them a lot more efficient, and I’m finally getting some decent scenes filmed.

Now if I could just get them to stop dancing.

This movie has been in the works for some three years now; I'm surprised at how long it took for them to get this far.

It's a blizzard project.. be happy they've got this far

Archived