DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

July 12: Paper Bag Day!

U4ea

So, today is the anniversary of the patent being approved for the paper bag. Here's my challenge...

Let's see how many different things we can do with a brown paper bag. If you found a cool craft, I'd appreciate the link (I'm a teacher... brown paper bags are cheap and easy to get. I'm all ears!).

So, what are some things you know how to do with a brown paper bag?

Fall hats out of bags

http://www.freekidscrafts.com/fall_hat-e14.html

Six-Pack Size Paper Bag

Paint and Brush

Fall Leaves

Tacky Glue

Instructions

Roll up the sides of a paper bag. A six-pack sized bag will fit the best. Paint the bag and let dry. Glue leaves all around the brim to decorate.

and

Animals!

http://www.freekidscrafts.com/paper_bag_animals-e293.html

Lunch Bag

Markers

Wiggle Eyes -- 20mm

Tacky Glue

Scissors

Old Newspaper

Instructions

Cut the top 4" off a lunch bag. Crumple up a piece of newspaper and place it in the bottom of the bag. Folding in the sides and bringing the top together, cut out the shape of the head including the ears if making upright ears. Glue together along the edge. If making floppy ears, cut them out of scrap and paste along the top edge. Draw on the animals face and other details. Glue on wiggle eyes.

I also have used broom straw for wiskers.

Take a medium paper bag... place a bottle of rum inside.. twist the top of the bag around the neck of said bottle.... Presto! Instant hidden bottle of rum.

Paper bags are also good guides for comparing summer tans. If you remain lighter than the bag you still have work to do... ;D ...

I won't mention other techniques I have found to be efficacious uses for brown bags in my long and mostly scurrilous escapades. Most should not be tried by amateurs, the faint of heart or conscience ridden.

Archived