DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Back to normal???

Kepen heal

Well u see how Rhudiean(sp) was returned to a city and now there is a big lake next to it. Plus that hole new age things and stuff like that.

Would everything return back to normal. Like the Aiel waste return to a see like dare i say Asmodean said it was?

Another thing with that. Could the DO possibly forget everything, like Rand and all other mortals and such? cause then he would never have an exrta hold on eveything. Er i cant remember what i was getting to but somthing about the DO forgetting, there for making the terrain back to normal?

Asmodean never said the waste was anything specific. He mentioned a part of Cairhain possibly being the port city he was born in. As for the rest, i rather doubt it. Whats done is done, in RJ's world. I suspect it will be a new world that will come to be, not a reversion to the old world.

I never suggested that it would be the same. I suggested that it would be something new.

Still, i agree with Jelly... the only purpose of the Last Battle is to fight off the Dark One... indeed, by all indications in prophecy the world is going to be worse off post-TG... but still better then the DO winning.

• 2 months later...

One of the things i thought RJ might do (which i hope he doesnt, by the way) is that once Rand has defeated the Dark One, he will die and converse with the Creator, who will put Rand back into the farmboy life, essentially returning Rand to the world as it was at the beginning of EotW without the war against the Shadow.

Id hate it if he did that

At the end of the Age of Legends everything didn't cease to exist and revert to some remembered ideal. The new age, as I've inferred from too many conversations throughout all the books, began with pain, suffering and rebuilding. I assume that the next turning of the wheel will be similar. The philosophy is that there is room within the patern for changes as long as the overall design has the same result. So the rest is just detail. but I doubt that anything will be "like it was".

Another interesting question, though, is that if the world did "revert" what would be the ideal point to go back to? Someone mentioned dropping Rand back on a farm as he was in TEoTW. But why not another point in the timeline? Why not, for instance, before the fall of Malkier? Or before the tree was cut down in Cairhien? Or before Rand's mother was given the foretelling about her future? Or ***

Opinions? Other points that might work?

Archived