DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What did you copy last? aka the Ctrl + V game

Maria

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monkeys. Why did it have to be monkeys? I sighed as I pushed the leaves away from my face as I trudged through the dense jungle undergrowth. I could hear monkeys chittering around me. I hate monkeys. Monkeys killed my mother and raped my father. Because of monkeys I had been raised by filthy, unwashed hippies. I hate monkeys.

My bare feet padded carefully around the monkey scat that liberally decorated the jungle floor. It had been nearly twenty four hours since I had accepted the strange challenge from my eccentric doctor, who was also an eccentric bizillionare. After diagnosing me with a rare illness, he had offered to hunt me for sport. I had accepted of course. What did I have to lose? My life? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

The doctor had given me twenty four hours in which to hide myself in the deepest jungle before he joined the hunt. At first I had used the time to jog along the narrow dirt road, my enormus breasts flopping in the stiff breeze. But after I had some distance between myself and my mysterious doctor/gagillionare friend, I had left the road to find a hiding place.

As I had been raised by vegitarians and lived in futuristic cities my entire adult life, I had no idea what was expected of prey. Should I hide? Should I build cunning traps? Should I devise some sort of crude communication devise and call the police? Truly, I was out of my depth.

However, fate still smiled down upon me, like a great, big smiling thing that is very happy. I soon found my way barred by one of those filthy monkeys.

"Halt!" the monkey held one hand out in a "stop" gesture. "For I am a talking monkey and I am here to help you."

"Great Googly Moogly!" I cried, jummping back. "A talking monkey!"

"There is no time for your surprise now." The talking monkey told me firmly. "Quickly, you must follow me." With that, the monkey disappeared into the jungle.

*ggls* I love Kath's novel!

I *think* you are the only person who likes my novel so far. Except for the infamous "woman jogging naked through the jungle" chapter. The boys really liked that one.

-lol!

SG-1 (hope you didn't see this, 'cause it took forever... :wink: )

Recap: Auri come through Super gate and blow the shit out of all the forces there, Sam floats in space, others, unknown.

Flesh and Blood:

Cam survives unconcious in a 302 that he used to escape the Russian Corulag(303) right before it blew. Sam still floats in space. Jackson, presumed dead with the Corulag. Promethias(dang! sp?) survived because all systems were knocked out in the battle and were slowly regained afterwards. Cam lands in the Promethias. Asgard beaming tech, out of commision so Cam flys the 303 and saves Sam by flying the hanger bay into her(great scene). Tielk is still alive Aboard the Aluetian Alliance ship, also knocked out of the battle. But Aluetians take him hostage thinking he brought them there to deplete their forces and threaten to blow up the Promethias(has no shields, hyperdrive, etc.... sitting duck).@ more aluetian ships arrive but Ra'tak saves the day with reinforcements. The 2 new Aluetian ships destroy the 1st and hype out. Promethias discovers that the Corulags rings transported someone to an auri ship... maybe daniel. SG-1 and Ra'taks 3 ships leave after the Auri which are now attacking Chu'lak!

Vala Has her child, auri speed her growth, she'll be full grown in days. Child Carries almost all knowledge of the Auri, and a twisted sence of truth, auri supportive of course... :wink: She also has some Prior like powers. Daniel(who is on the ship) meets up with Vala as the ship lands on Chu'lak....

SG-1 arrives and commence plan to righ aboard a baomb onto one of the obiting Auri ships. One good guy ship down, there goes a second, Just Ra'tak's left. Bomb plan no good, it didn't work for some reason. Ra'tak sets up a collision course. SG-1 finds this to be a bad idea, but cant convince him otherwise... Promethias arrives and beams them out in time, even Ra'tak, for Cam planted a transponder on him earlier. Ships crash, no damage done to the Auri.

Daniel and Vala have a plan(well as much as they ever have a plan on this show :D ) to capture the child. Vala's Husband sees her and Daniel, becomes suspicious. Danny and Vala leave to get girl. Sam radios Daniel, the whoo-hoo he alive thing... Daniel waits outside while Vala distracs her daughter. Daniel walks in... at gun point... Vala's hubby naturally. Girl(wish i could spell the name...) Tells hubby to kill Daniel, Vala gets in the way, gets shot, Girls and hubby go to her aid. Daniel stuns both while they're distracted, grabs Vala(abandons plan). Beamed up to Promethias. hyperspace out...

Cam thinks they need a new plan, a damn good one.

Atlantis

Recap: Alliance a failure, wraith betry them, get location of earth, with Rodney and Ronan captured aboard they hyperspace out for earth (there's 2 wraith ships). presumably killing Sheppard who was next to the wraith ship in a 302 when it entered hyperspace.

No Man's Land:

Well first off, Sheppard clamped onto the wraith ship before it went into hyperspace so he's alive(says he saw it in a movie once... guess which...). Both Atlantis 303s need emergency repairs. Wier recalled to earth to 'explain' situation to the IOA (that dumb group consisting of a US, Russian, and Chinese reps) and to take the fall for the wraith discovery of Earth. Ronan and Rodney trapped in webbing used to hold humans till someone gets hungry...

Wier gets ripped up and down by IOA even though they supported her recomendations all along the way(grrr). Wier tells them to make the decision about whether or not to go after the wraith or not and leaves the room.She gets a call that Atlantis 303s are ready to go... IOA is dragging its feet because they don't want to be blamed for a possible failure. Wier tells her ppl to go and kill the wraith(who have to stop to rest the organic part of their ships from hyperspace travel) without IOA support.

Wraith ships exit Hyp, Michael(the former wraith-turned human, and wraith again) tells Sheppard who is still out side that he's an ally (apparently the wraith don't like him any more... and he had no clue that the wraith wanted to betray them), and where the hyperdrive is. Sheppard takes a chance and trusts him, and missles the hyperdrive of one wraith ship and turns on the other but is shot(whole wing comes off) is picked up by wraith ship...

Ronan and Rodney get free after Rodneys BS about we're gonna die, and his ponderings of 'which death is worse' etc... you know Rodney. :D They dicide that escape from the ship is impossible so they look for a control panel so Rodney can sabotage the ship.

Michael(who wraith still somewhat trust) Gets a hold of Sheppard and sends other wraith away. Gives Sheppard a gun and says he'll help free Ronan and McKay... only to find that they've escaped. But Sheppard knows the well enough to know where they're headed. So they all meet up, Ronan tries to kill Michael(doesn't like wraith, esp that one). Sheppard stops him.

Atlantis 303s come in and start engaging wraith ships, The more damaged 303(not the Dedalus the other bloody one whose name escapes me) can't fire any weap due to not being able to switch power from shields to weapons.Wraith ship with damaged hyp, takes hits from Dedalus. Other 303 fixes the problem with the sacrifice of their shields and launches drones killing one wraith ship. Other wraith ship destroys the 303(whatever the name is), but all crew members were beamed aboardthe Dedalus.

Sheppard and crew steal a ship and fly of to the Dedalus. Wraith ship scrambles fighters but Dedalus blows up hangers first. Ship seems dead in space. Sheppard and team (and Michael) makes it back to Dedalus.

Ded is venting too much atmosphere, not enough for trip home. long story short, the only place with enough air is the wraith ship, but it has lots of wraith too... So Michael(god bless him... until he turns on us) suggests using the wraith virus(the one that turns wraiths into humans... with no memory to boot!). Sure! great idea! So the virus is sent over, wraiths are now humans with no memory... Lady Wraith is killed, michael can fly the ship back to Atlantis...

To be continued...

-No crap! that's long...

INTRODUCTION

1. THE DRIVER LICENSE ............................................ 3

1.1 Persons Required to have a Driver License ............. 3

1.2 Persons Who Cannot be Issued a Colorado

Driver License .............................................................. 3

1.3 Obtaining a Colorado Driver License ....................... 3

1.4 Classes of Colorado Driver License .......................... 4

1.5 Parent Consent for Minor/Affidavit of

Liability and Guardianship ........................................ 4

2. TYPES OF INSTRUCTION PERMITS

AND LICENSE ............................................................ 4

3. NEW RESIDENT/RENEWAL ................................... 5

3.1 New Resident With a Valid License .......................... 5

3.2 Renewal of a Colorado Driver License or

Instruction Permit ........................................................ 5

4. DUPLICATE DRIVER LICENSE ............................. 6

4.1 Lost, Stolen or Mutilated License or Permit ............. 6

4.2 Change of Name and/or Address ............................. 6

5. EXTENSION OF COLORADO

DRIVER LICENSE...................................................... 6

6. KEEPING YOUR LICENSE ...................................... 6

6.1 Re-Examination ............................................................ 7

6.2 Colorado Point System ................................................ 7

6.3 Your Driving Privilege May be Suspended,

Revoked or Canceled if you... .................................... 7

7. UNDERSTANDING COLORADOS MOTOR

VEHICLE LAWS ......................................................... 7

7.1 Motor Vehicle insurance Database Law ................... 7

7.2 Financial Responsibility Law

Compulsory Insurance ................................................ 8

7.3 Colorados Safety Belt Law ........................................ 8

7.4 Colorados Child Passenger Protection Law ........... 8

7.5 Colorado’s Graduated License Law .......................... 8

7.6 Occupants of Vehicles .................................................. 9

7.7 Using a Cell Phone While Driving ............................ 9

7.8 Toy Vehicles .................................................................. 9

7.9 License Plates ................................................................ 9

8. DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE ................... 9

8.1 Alcohol and Driving .................................................... 9

8.2 Drugs and Driving ..................................................... 10

8.3 Express Consent ......................................................... 10

8.4 Under Age 21 .............................................................. 10

9. BEFORE YOU DRIVE ...............................................11

10. RULES OF THE ROAD ........................................... 12

10.1 Traffic Controls ........................................................... 12

10.1a Traffic Signals ................................................... 12

10.1b Traffic Signs ...................................................... 12

10.1c Pavement Markings ........................................ 14

10.1d Lane Controls ................................................... 15

10.2 Right of Way ............................................................... 16

10.3 Speed............................................................................ 17

10.4 Turning ........................................................................ 17

10.5 Parking ........................................................................ 18

11. SAFE DRIVING TIPS .............................................. 19

11.1 Steering ........................................................................ 19

11.2 Scanning ...................................................................... 19

11.3 Following Another Vehicle ....................................... 19

11.4 Adjusting to Traffic .................................................... 20

11.5 Trouble Spots .............................................................. 20

11.6 Entering the Freeway ................................................ 20

11.6a Freeway Driving ............................................... 20

11.6b Leaving the Freeway ....................................... 20

11.7 Changing Lanes ......................................................... 20

11.8 Passing ......................................................................... 21

11.9 Hills and Curves ........................................................ 21

11.10 Night Driving ............................................................. 21

11.11 Bad Weather ................................................................ 21

11.11a Snow and Ice ................................................... 22

11.12 Mountain Driving ...................................................... 22

11.13 Rural Driving .............................................................. 22

12. SHARING THE ROAD ........................................... 22

12.1 Large Trucks and Buses............................................. 22

12.2 Railroad Crossings ..................................................... 23

12.3 Light Rail ..................................................................... 24

12.4 Bicycles and Motorcycles .......................................... 25

12.5 Careless/Reckless Driving ....................................... 25

12.6 Aggressive Driving .................................................... 25

13. THE DRIVE TEST .................................................... 26

14. EMERGENCIES ........................................................ 27

14.1 Avoiding Collisions ................................................... 27

14.2 Vehicle Emergencies .................................................. 27

14.2a Brake Failure ..................................................... 27

14.2b Tire Blowout ..................................................... 27

14.2c Power Failure .................................................... 27

14.2d Headlight Failure ............................................. 27

14.2e Jammed Gas Pedal ........................................... 27

14.2f Driving off the Pavement ............................... 27

14.3 Animals ....................................................................... 28

14.4 Accidents ..................................................................... 28

14.5 First Aid ....................................................................... 28

15. PEDESTRIANS ......................................................... 28

16. BICYCLES .................................................................. 28

17. ORGAN DONATION.............................................. 29

18. SERVICE CENTER GUIDE .................................... 30

18.1 Driver License ............................................................ 30

18.1a Services .............................................................. 30

18.1b Office Locations ............................................... 32

18.2 County Offices ( Vehicle License Plates) ................. 34

19. DRIVE TIME LOG SHEET ..................................... 36

Do. Not. Ask.

Seriously...

My talking monkey led me deeper into the Mysterious Cave of Echos. In the distance, I could hear the steady dripping of water. Drip...drip... drip ...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip... drip...drip...drip...drip

We had settled into a tense silence with each other. Monkeys were my natural enemy and yet here I was, following one into a deep, dark caveren. Stupid monkey.

Eventually, it became obvious that the Mysterious Cave of Echoes was in actuality, a tunnel. Natural light became visible ahead of us. Echoing down the passage were more jungle sounds.

"Here we are." We are...we are...we are. said my monkey guide. "I have led you safely to the other side of the island. You will be able to take a boat here and return to the mainland." You will be able to take a boat here and return to the mainland....take a boat here and return to the mainland...return to the mainland...the mainland...the mainland.

I protested "No! I'm dying of a rare brain cloud. I choose to die here, hunted like big game, rather than die alone in a gutter." ...gutter....gutter...gutter...

"Is he STILL passing off that tired old story?" My talking monkey guide sighed. "Look, the eccentric doctor/gazillionare that brought you here tells everyone that. He even told me that once. He is a big meany poopyhead liar." ...big meany poopyhead liar...big meany poopyhead liar...big meany poopyhead liar... "Now get out there, find some clothes, and go home."...go home...go home...go home.

Shocked by my monkey guides harsh words, I slowly brought my fist up to shake it in his face. "You've shattered me, monkey man. Monkey man...monkey man..."We'll meet again and we'll settle this once and for all!" ...settle this once and for all...settle this once and for all...settle this once and for all!

After I left my talking monkey at the exit of the Mysterious Cave of Echoes, I stopped a passing boat with my breasts and hitched a ride back to the mainland. I was a changed woman. My near-brush with death had made me quieter, more contemplative. I hated monkeys even more though.

"Wait a minute." Htmly interrupted me again. "That has nothing to do with stealing donuts. "If you are trying to trick me, I'll exact double my price!" A second Dixie cup appeared from his pocket and joined the first one, still lying on the corridor floor.

I put a shocked expression on my face. "Of course it doesn't explain my motives for stealing and eating the last donut, a rare cultural treasure of the galaxy. However, I told you that story so I could tell you this one..."

Archived