DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Funny Story...

mmeeshal

Okay, where was I?

Oh yes.  We were trapped in a dark building with no way out.

*clears throat*

Our two heroines.... erm, never mind....

So, just the day before, I had gone to Radioshack and put service on my cell phone... finally.  My friend has been a very naughty girl, so her parents got rid of her cell phone....  So, if I hadn't gone to get a phone, we would've been there until 1 pm the next day....

My friend had this huge crush on this guy in school, and still kind of does, and he happens to be a lifeguard at the pool.  So she took my phone and called his house in hopes that either he'd be there or that we could get his cell number (she has a lot of things about him memorized, but he was smart enough not to go handing out his cell. :P ).  He was there by that time, but he told my friend he didn't have a key.

But he gave us the number of the guy who DID have the key.  I thought my friend would call, since she had the phone in her hand, but she shoved it at me to make the call.  ::)  I guess she just wanted to talk to the guy she can't make herself stop liking.  :D

I called the number, and got.... voicemail.  I was glad that at least it turned out to be the phone number of someone I knew from soccer, but we really needed to get out.  I left a message saying that my friend and I were trapped in the aquatic center and couldn't get out, and then I had to leave it at that.

A few minutes later, my friend was joking around saying something about text messages, and the lightbulb went on.  Hey, why don't I send the guy a text message, in case he doesn't listen to the voicemail? (give the bright girl a hand.... )

After I sent the text, my friend wanted to call her parents to let them know why she wasn't home yet.  Ever since her...bad behavior... they've been keeping close tabs on her, even though she's 19.  They ARE paying for her college, and she IS living at home for the summer, so it makes sense.....

ANYway...  I let her call, and I decided to go blow-dry my hair with the hand dryer, since I needed something to do.  And since my hair was wet.

About 5 minutes later, I hear a door opening and the guy I knew from soccer walks in.  He immediately started spouting profound apologies and heartfelt wishes to strangle the lifeguard who locked us in (I knew HIM, too! :P ).  He kept saying that guy was an idiot, and he was sooooo sorry...

Then, on our way out (through the concession stand  ;D ) he offered us free pop or food.  We each just grabbed a pop and left.  That was funny, because the guy kept apologizing at our backs the whole way to the car.  :D

All right, that's it!

I still think we should have come in and rescued you. But it was the lifeguards fault for not checking all rooms.

Well we have to get lunch, Charlie has told us too, but we can still come and rescue too Meesh... ;)

Archived