DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TV] So You Think You Can Dance

Mendorah

9 - Contemporary... not my fav...

She is a much better dance than he is.  He is one of the weaker boys....

And the judges are crying....

10 - Sputnik and a girl who is kind of annoying...  Salsa...

That was a pretty good salsa...

So I am going with act 2 and the hip hop red routine in the bottom...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yaaay!  Weather's over.  Dance watching commences.

I've just come in where the Bollywood couple are being critiqued (Kaitlyn AKA Bendy Girl & Jason).  I'm sad I missed this one.  I Love Bollywood!

Janette & Brandon:  Foxtrot  Janette was very charming.  I think Brandon can do much better.  I don't think he was bad, but I think he has a Lot more in there that needs to be drawn out.

Ashley & Kupono:  Jazz  I love WAde Robson.  he always amazes me.  Individually these guys had great moments.  I think they need to work on being together and having a chemistry.  It was close.  But no cookies.  They danced well, they interpreted well, but there is definately room for improvement.

Melissa & Ade:  Contemporary  I'm so glad I didn't miss the ballerina!  I just Love her!  That love story was just so beautiful.  Adam is right, it was Special.  Mostly because of her, but Ade was good too.  I can't wait to see how these two progress.

Kayla & Max:  Samba  Ooooh, a Louis Van Amstel piece.  I think he's not choreographed for this how before.  Kayla's the girl with the grandparents.  Of course Louis and Max know each other.  Hot hot hot!!!  Those two worked as though they have been partners for a long time.  I've noted above a couple of couples who need time to learn to be partners.  These two Got It!!  What a note to end on.

Ok, so as soon as I can find a feed for the beginning of the show, I'll pipe in with those thoughts.  Now, it's off to Bravo for the premiere of Top Chef Masters.

Wow, I've got to say that this is the best season yet in terms of the talent of the dancers!

My favorite three couples so far, in no particular order:

--Melissa and Ade:  I especially love Melissa.  Ballerinas pwn!  Ade was very good too, but I couldn't take my eyes off Melissa.

--Randi and Evan:  He's the next Gene Kelly in my eyes.  She's incredible too.  I loved that double attitude turn with her back arched.

--Kayla and Max:  I expected him to do well, since this was his style, and he didn't disappoint.  Kayla was phenomenal and just blew me away with how well she did.  I would have never been able to tell that she hadn't trained in that style of dance. 

Is anyone else loving all the crossovers between this show and Dancing with the Stars?  It was nice to see Luis Van Amstel choreographing here, and I've enjoyed watching Lacey, Chelsie, and Dmitri (plus Benji, Anya, and Pasha in a couple of results shows) on Dancing with the Stars.

I have a bottom 2 couples, but not a 3rd.

The Broadway routine was so disappointing.  The 2nd hip hop was dreadful to watch.

Bollywood was great. Loved the contemporary, but yes, I thought it was more of a pas de deux than contemporary, but that's only my opinion. It was fabulous.

My only problem is that I love the girls from the 2nd hip hop and the Broadway routines.  I don't want either of them to go. I want the salsa dancer who did the foxtrot this week - reminds me too much of Faina and Anya from past seasons who had the snooty attitudes and thought they were hot stuff because they knew latin dancing.  Again, my opinion.

Love Evan. Want to bring him home and snuggle him.  But he's too young for me. :(

You are so male, Empy.

I love Wade as a choreographer, but I might have to agree with you on this one. Might not score well with the audience because most people do not understand Wade's brilliance.  If he wasn't already married, I'd gladly have his children. Or Louis' children....Maybe Adam if I convince him to either go straight or donate it to me.

I'll have to remember to have this topic open when I watch tonight! My favorite male dancer is Evan and my favorite female is Bendy Girl but I'm not worried they won't make it tonight. I think the Broadway and the red hip-hop routine will be in the bottom 3 though Hip-Hop tends to be popular with the audience.

I want Asian Girl to stay though... once she gets into hotter clothes she is going to be awesome!

I doubt I comment on this tonght... we have guests in town and I don't want to get made fun of... I mean.. the wife is making me watch it so I am FREE!

Tony going home was pretty obvious.  The other two males were better than him in both the routines with partners and the solos.

I knew it would be between Paris and Asuka (sp? the Asian girl), but I'm disappointed that they kicked off Paris.  Their performances in the routines were about the same, but Paris did the better solo.  It seemed like the judges really based their decision on the representation of genres rather than the skill of the dancers.  Sometimes I really don't like how the judges decide things.  It should be about keeping who is the best dancer, not who has the biggest personality or about making sure genres are represented equally.

Week two!  I still haven't had a chance to see the results show.  I did finally get to see the first half of the regular show though.  I was so proud of the first couple!!!

I have two production meetings tonight so I'm missing most if not all of the show tonight.  I'll just have to review what I can catch at the end and watch the rest later.  Have fun!  Empy, I'm crossing my fingers for little clothing tonight!

Ok Hair Pick and NB... 

NB is up there in my top girls...

Oh dear they got Jazz with the crazy hair chick...

I don't do names by the way... Ok I learned Bendy Girl was Caitlin... but.... she is special...  Bendy Girl will be my pet name for her...

I don't like the choreography at all... I always thought Crazy Hair Chick was a bit bad for my taste. 

I hate him saying Buck all the time...

HE WASNT THAT GOOD LITTLE C!!!

This makes more sense if you are watching it with me. 

Ok the judges all love it.  I thought Mary was going to dump on them but I guess not. 

ALL HE DID WAS MOVE AROUND AND LIFT!  Hell I think I could have done his dancing...  Ok not that leap....

Oh well...

EEEEE BENDY GIRL!!!!

She does dinosaurs and makes cute noises...  mmmm....

Hip Hop... usually really good or really bad....

THAT WAS VERY BENDY!

Uh oh... I think this performance was weak.

probably bottom 3.... the girls love that guy though.

Ok the Neck and 80's girl... dunno her haircut is 80's...

Ok from the rehearsals i think I might like this dance...  Disco... Fast...

They are a little off...

Ok he is awesome... the girl isn't doing anything for me... she is going to go far because he is so awesome.

They are a little off but overall a good dance.

Does anyone else turn down the TV when Mary is talking?  If she uses the Not one more time...

Archived