DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Movie with the Best Soundtrack

Zashara

Maj--hooray for another Hedwig fan!  That was one of the soundtracks I was thinking of when I posted about Broadway musicals that had been made into movies.  I even made a thread in the White Ajah board a long time ago about the song "The Origin of Love" because of its philosophical roots.

*Slaps self*  I realized today that I forgot to mention Dirty Dancing!  D'oh!

Gladiator. Hans Zimmer is awesome when it comes to film music.

This was my first thought, however, Hans Zimmer repeats himself way too much in all his major themes.  His themes have some originality, but elements of almost all other are present in all of them.  I've been on Pandora before and, not knowing what I'm listening to, thought it was Pirates of the Caribbean, only to find out it was Gladiator. 

That is a good point. When I first heard one of the movements from PoC (I hadn't seen the film either), I initially said it was Gladiator. However, my friend said it was PoC, so I was quite shocked. While Zimmer may repeat certain refrains, the music to Gladiator is still awesome.

Oh, I forgot about Ilan Eshkeri.  He did a great job on the Stardust soundtrack.  THe main theme is awesome, I love it.

The movie is good too.

If he was the guy who did Stardust (which is an awesome film), then yes, he did do a great job!

Classical its gotta be Pirates, Gladiator, LOTR and Harry Potter. Also played all three, which is great fun.

Pop music wise? or something to actively listen to?

Going to have to go with Empy on this one - Moulin Rouge.

Dammit now i want to watch it and everything >.<

Y'all are Totally gonna laugh at me but my all time favorite Soundtrack is:

Mortal Kombat

*ducks*

No Seriously!  This soundtrack kind of changed my life.  It was the first movie I remember being blown away by its music.  AND it was the birth of many years of a Total Type O Negative obsession.  It also introduced me to Industrial music.  I named my first car after the KMFDM song Juke Joint Jezebel.  Damn that was a great car!

Archived