DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Scariest Movie Ever

Zashara

Okay. I don't watch Scary movies.

I hate them and they give me nightmares - let the subsequent jokes begin.

Anyways, seeing that I've never really watched any scary movies, except like the Ring - and I started laughing hysterically at some point for some odd reason, I obviously have nothing but girly screams and frantic TV shutting off to contribute to this discussion.

So, yeah scariest movie you've seen. Maybe I'll even watch it - if I can use someone to torment with my arm-grabbing and epic screaming!

Ok this is going to sound ridiculous, my husband tells me so every time I mention this movie, but Killer Clowns from Mars. When I was 8 that was the scariest damn movie I had ever seen!!!! I STILL hate hate HATE clowns!

I don't really like scary movies either. But the movie that scared me the most was The Shining. Because I was living in a remote logging community in Oregon. And I watched it in the winter. At night. And had to walk back to my cabin. Alone.

On a side note, I don't think the Stanley Hotel is all that scary.

The Ring really scared the crap out of me. My favourite scary movie is probably The Orphanage, not because it's so scary, but becase it's actually pretty good. Blair With Project scared me the first time I saw it, but not on subsequent viewings.

I recently saw a Norwegian movie called Skjult (Hidden) which I thought was really scary.

Continuing the clown theme, I'd say the scariest movie for me was It, by Stephen King.

I saw it while in elementary school, peeking aroung the corner while my parents actually did watch it.  I had nightmares for months.  I'm still not fully recovered...I freakin' hate clowns.

I STILL hate hate HATE clowns!

Amen to this.

I too absolutely refuse to watch scary movies anymore. Even movies that are high in suspense can freak me out.

The last movie I watched that scared the crap out of me was 28 Days Later. When that chick turned on her buddy and hacked his arm off with a machete....in the first 30 minutes...that was it for me. The only other remotely scary movie I watched after that was Cloverfield, and I don't really count that as scary.

Other movies that scared the bejeebus out of me are: The Good Son, Arachnophobia, Misery, Amityville Horror, Audition.

I'd say the scariest movie for me was It, by Stephen King.

See, With IT I saw it when I was older ( never watched it out of fear of clowns and the husband finally maybe watch when I was 20) and I couldn't help but chuckle every time thinking that that was Dr. Frankenfurter, which I think was my copping mechanism to relate to something else and ground it. But had I been younger and less inclined to chuckle at transexual transvestites from Transexual Transylvania I think it would have been totally different. 

Hmmm hard to say what my favorite would be.  I am a Horror movie junkie, have been since age 4.  I can't think of any one movie that ever really scared me......but here are ten that I enjoy.

x-From Beyond

x-Seven

x-Amytiville Horror

x-Phantasm

x-Re-Animator

x-Hellraiser

x-The Serpent and the Rainbow

x-The Thing

x-The Howling

x-Friday the 13th

Here is Best-horror-movie.com's list of the top 100 horror movies of all time.  Not sure I agree with the list, but meh. 

100 best horror movies 2009

Most of you probably won't put this in the realm of scary movies, but for me it's about having to turn my head or close my eyes or leave the room ... and the winner for moments like that was Watchmen. Scary and gory go together in my book.

Don't get me wrong - I loved it (blue dong and all...) but once I realized that they weren't going to cut away before the grinder met with the forearms, I enjoyed it much more.

This one time I watched Amityville Horror in the Theatre and I screamed there because it was freaky and i don't like horror movies. And then everyone made fun of me and I had nightmares.

SO NOT COOL.

Zash....the very first movie I ever saw in the theaters was Friday the 13th.  I went with my Mother(I think I was 4).  She was hiding her face(Like she often does) and I tricked her by saying it was okay, she could look.  She opened her eyes right as something jumped out and scared the hell out her. 

Many years later, I convinced my wife to watch it with me.  She made it through the whole movie, a little freaked out.  So at the end(When the girl is in the canoe) I was showing her that everything was okay, the scary stuff was over, "See the police are on shore, she'll be okay, blah, blah, blah."  Right when the young swamp Jason jumped out and grabbed the girl in the boat, I grabbed my wife and scared the bejeezus out of her.  ;D

Zash....the very first movie I ever saw in the theaters was Friday the 13th.  I went with my Mother(I think I was 4).  She was hiding her face(Like she often does) and I tricked her by saying it was okay, she could look.  She opened her eyes right as something jumped out and scared the hell out her. 

Many years later, I convinced my wife to watch it with me.  She made it through the whole movie, a little freaked out.  So at the end(When the girl is in the canoe) I was showing her that everything was okay, the scary stuff was over, "See the police are on shore, she'll be okay, blah, blah, blah."  Right when the young swamp Jason jumped out and grabbed the girl in the boat, I grabbed my wife and scared the bejeezus out of her.   ;D

You are a horrible person! :P

I heard that "The Birds" is scary, actually I may have seen it....

I can't say I've seen a movie that really scares me (not a huge fan of the genre), but when I was a kid (5 years old, maybe?) my father made me come watch different pieces of IJ: Temple of Doom, such as the bug scene and the eyeball soup scene and the child-heart-ripping scene, and I didn't sleep without nightmares and the light on for two or three days. My dad can be a bastard sometimes.  ;D

You are a horrible person! :P

i get that a lot.  My Daughter(5) is just like me.  When the Tyrannosuar ate the guy in the bathroom in Jurassic Park, my wife tried to explain to her that it wasn't real.  My Daughter looked at her and said, "It's okay Mommy, the dinosuar just ate that guy."  :D

Archived