DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

perrin and dain

i've got this crazy theory about perrin and dain. after galad wins the duel with the lcc of the whitecloacks, whos name i can never remember btw, he and his remaining whitecloaks head north, towards perrin. dain is with the whitecloaks. it's logical to assume they're gonna meet and have a bit of a chat. dain's going to be all darkfriend this and you killed my father that. i was wondering how that whole thing was going to be cleared up. i was thinking that the seanchan general tylee could've been at falme and seen how geofram died and told dain about it. any thoughts?

I think that, by what we saw on the end of KoD, Tylee is back to Ebou Dar, so even if she had been at Falme, she won't be with Perrin on a supposely meeting with Dain.

I do think that the meeting is happening and that Dain will take a good strike in his pride when Galad accept Perrin and states that he is not a Darkfriend. And i do think that Galad will do it once he has a good chat with Morgase and she straight things out.

Then Dain may try to take matters on his own hands and may die in a fight agains Perrin or he will leave Galad army and become a traitor of some sort. Maybe even a Darkfriend... that i would find incredible ironic!!!

Well.. RJ did liked to put good characters on situations that, by being misguided, they would "turn evil" or "do evil".

Dain and Perrin is a reunion that i'm very exiceted about. It would bring back a Perrin plot line that was nice. We were all bored with the slow pace of the last books and the result that Perrin expend all those books being sad, mad at himself or moaning. It could make Perrin shine again!!!

In tSR when Dain accused Perrin, Perrin said, "It wasn't me, it was the Seanchan, I didn't even know your father was there."

To which Dain response was, "The Seanchan were Aes Sedai lies!"

So if they do meet and Dain brings it up again.  Well he knows now that the Seanchan are very real and they do not work with the AS.

I just can't see any seanchan assauging Dain's hate.  Those who where at Falme likely won't be let out of the homeland, which means they are all like as not dead in the upheaval there, and most people would likely try to forget that day anyway.  If anyone remembers anything it will be Rand fighting in the sky and the heroes of the horn breaking their army.  I think Dain will just, as Aviendha would say "Bite his knife, though his liver may burst from it"

Considering that Galad will most likely align himself with Perrin, Dain will either be contained or end up following a similar path as Aram. He is a misguided fool but is redeemable in my opinion (as Aram should have been). Dain and Byar stood behind Galad against Valda (a fight that could have turned out very differently) and acknowledge him as their true leader, subsequently I think there are three things that will play into Perrin's favor during the inevitable meeting with Galad and the remaining Whitecloacks:

1 - Morgaise, which is self explanatory.

2 - Bawler. Pedron Niall sent Dain Bornhald into the Two Rivers following Fain's persuasive little talks, so wouldn't Niall's personal secretary/spy master be aware of Lord Captain Commander's schemes?  If that's the case, Bawler's knowledge might be helpful in mediating Perrin and Dain's meeting and providing Galad with enough information to judge Perrin's innocence and rein in Dain.

Also Dain’s attempt to blame Perrin's family’s murder by Fain on the Trollocs is bound to come to the surface as well.

3 - There is no proof of what happened at Falme was Perrin's fault, and Galad is nothing if not objective. He will not take Byar’s testimony as fact.

So essentially Galad’s judgment should be the deciding factor in this confrontation and if Dain is not completely lost in drink and misery, he will follow Galad’s lead.

I don't think Dain would think Morgase was a Drakfriend because 1). He supported Galad dueling Valda to honor her memory or whatever its called. 2). Calling the Lord Captain Commander's (who is also a blademaster) mother a Darkfriend is a pretty bad career move.

I think Robert Jordan created a brilliant mini-plot with the 7,000 Whitecloaks heading into Perrin's army of 5,000. I think many of the Two Rivers folk will recognize Dain and Byar and that will be interesting along with their claim of Perrin's Darkfriend-hood. Great move by Jordan.

I know Galgan raised Tylee to the Blood because "Suroth dithered about it" but I don't think it ever said she was at Ebou Dar. For one, it would be impossible to move her 15,000 soldiers and the Aiel prisoners down there from northern Altara fast enough to get there before Tuon did. Also, didn't Tylee say there were Aiel heading towards them. Perrin said something about not wanting the Shadio prisoners from Malden attacking them from behind while they faced another band.

well... i think that for a cerymony to raise a person to the blood, that person has to be present... and you forget about to'raken ... it may not move the whole troop, but the important members (such as tylee, marath'damane captured, etc) it works.

I remember the raken being moved to the Arad Domain front, but i don't know about the to'raken, since they have completly dstinct funcions.

And even with the Seachan forces not being in Ebou Dar, they should be on their way to there or anywhere needed, so not with perrin anymore!

I don't think Dain would think Morgase was a Drakfriend because 1). He supported Galad dueling Valda to honor her memory or whatever its called. 2). Calling the Lord Captain Commander's (who is also a blademaster) mother a Darkfriend is a pretty bad career move.

I wouldn't say bad career move was a good motivator for Dain, he seems to be more concerned about revenge then advancement, and he follows Galad, presumably, because he trusts and likes him.  But if anyone can keep him from trying to spill Perrin's blood, it would be Galad...

well... i think that for a cerymony to raise a person to the blood, that person has to be present... and you forget about to'raken ... it may not move the whole troop, but the important members (such as tylee, marath'damane captured, etc) it works.

I remember the raken being moved to the Arad Domain front, but i don't know about the to'raken, since they have completly dstinct funcions.

And even with the Seachan forces not being in Ebou Dar, they should be on their way to there or anywhere needed, so not with perrin anymore!

Well, we haven't seen how a person is raised to the Blood, and Galgan only said to Suroth that he "signed orders for Tylee to be raised" not that the ceremony had actually occurred. also, he goes on to say that he wanted most of her raken to be returned to Amadacia so it's unlikely she took one back to Ebou Dar. Also, Tylee states that there are two bands of Aiel heading towards Malden along with the Whitecloaks so I doubt she'd leave her army with those three armies heading towards her.

Archived