DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cour'Souvra

Far Dareis Mai

Also known as: Mind Trapping. In the books, Moridin would gently caress the 'souls' of those he had mindtrapped on pretty baubles around his neck. Here at SG, we think that's pretty cool, so we're going to use it to our purposes.

I have received many comments throughout the last year or so that it was weird we didn't really have any sort of bonding thing happening here. I didn't much care about it then, but after thinking on it some more, I thought it would be cool to add one thing from RJ's evil arsenal and use to our ultimate advantage.

So, here is the Shayol Ghul version of the Cour'Souvra (Mind Trap).

1. Both parties must notify the Org Leader of the decision.

2. You will have three tests. They will happen completely at random, but they are necessary to gauge your dedication, loyalty, and steadfastness.

Should you fail a test, you will have 30 days to contemplate where it all went wrong, and then you may try again.

Benefits of the Cour'Souvra

• At the end of each year, you may gift your Cour'Souvra with up to 500 of your own points (provided you actually have 500 points to give, or that it won't drop you down a rank), OR you may gift them up to 3 of your Grayman Levels.
  • Can only be between 2 members of Shayol Ghul, so it's very exclusive
  • SG bonds are way cooler then anywhere else.  ;) ;) ;)

Now, here is the part some (maybe many) of you are going to hate. You may only ever mind trap ONE OTHER PERSON IN THE ORG. Once they are mind trapped, it's a permanent thing. I suppose that in the most extreme cases (member quits the Org, turns into a psycho stalker and tries to kill you at your home IRL), then we can talk about our options; but this is kind of a big deal. Think of it as the ultimate link, if you are still having a hard time wrapping your head around it.

And of course, this is entirely optional. Some people will think it's cool, some won't. It's all good.

Verbal's dumb question of the day:  If somebody has me mind trapped, can I then also have another person mind trapped?  I would only have 1 person mind trapped, thereby following the rules, but somebody else would own my soul.....

lol, you're verb! how could anything be clean to you?

hmmm, but just one. I'll have to think on this long and hard.

*is bonded to Gerr and TMD and Demi already, is also Adopting Demi as her brother through the Wolfkin, does not have a bond of anykind with Ferathil, but still can't decide who*

Right. Say for instance your Cour'souvra has 2500 points, and you have 800. They are welcome to gift you 500 of their points if they like, and vice versa (though I don't know why you would...). -OR- Let's say that your Cour'souvra has 13 grayman levels and you only have 2 and you can't figure out why you keep getting your butt kicked in Mortal Kombat. Well then your cour'souvra can gift you up to three of their levels, bringing them down to 10, and you up to 5.

It is entirely optional. I think in many cases this would be beneficial if you were really close to a promotion, or you hate doing grayman tasks and your other half enjoys them, etc.

Archived