DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Have you guys SEEN this ??? O_O

Elgee

She does have an incredible voice.  I had posted a link on my facebook but took it down becase one of my friends left a rude comment saying it's only amazing because she's so homely and no one expected it.  First time I heard it I didn't watch... just played it in the background.. and I was still floored.  Had nothing to do with what she looks like in my opinion.

:) IMHO, she would have been more believable in that role than the Hollywood beauties they always cast in it. A beautiful girl with soot/dirt on her face is still a beautiful girl. And I've just always found it hard to buy a 'he done me wrong song' from a beautiful girl. That just never made sense to me. I'd look at her and think, "WT-? I could understand him leaving you if you were 5'11" and 186 lbs, with mousy brown hair or whatever. But you're 5'5", 120 lbs and gorgeous, why would he leave you?" ::)  I know that probably says more about my hangups than theirs, but oh well.  :)

The song was pitched a little too low for her, but she sang it well. And she's braver than I am.  :)

On her yourtube, there is a link to her singing Cry Me a River (not the Justin Timberlake version), that is just awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2DxkrgpgQ

And that Greek thing was AWESOME! omg!

Also, this guy back in 2007 was simply fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woAUSJpHHuI

it says something about the brits. We would never get away with this kind of stuff here in the states. I am still trying to get the hubby to move back

I sometimes wonder if it's really the buying public who is so hung up on appearance, or if it's actually the PTBs.

Point in case: the Scandinavian guy who won World Idols. The judges didn't give him a chance, because he wasn't "hot". Yet the public voted him in. Was that REALLY just a sympathy vote, or did they actually think he was the best performer?

Personally, I don't give a toss what someone looks like, as long as they can sing.

That was somewhat along my thinking too Lorei... that, and in broadway and other theater type productions they HAVE roles specifically for women she'd fit right in for.  Someone has to be the mother or all of the homely types IN Le Mis.  Mrs. Potts in beauty and the beast... so on.  My shock is that it took her til nearly 60 to get discovered. :)

I think his voice makes him cute. *nods*

I get chills when I hear that song.  And it took me for ever to find the bloody mp3

Oh oh, and this song. Personally I like Tim MCgraw's version better, and I don't like the girl's voice, THOUGH I am sure she is probably really famous in Sweden and the likes. But still.. yay Kurt!

And as for roles that need to be played by the not so cute people of the world, like myself, is one of the greatest roles EVER.... the Phantom of the Opera. Eric is never once discribed as a handsome man, but oh that voice. *Sighs* Ah, to be Christine.

Were you all referring to Phantom, as in Phantom of the Opera, or Phantom as in the comic strip guy who lives in a skull cave deep in the jungle, and comes out to save innocents from the clutches of the evil and the corrupt?

:) I have been a fan of the Phantom strip ever since I could read. When the movie came out, I liked it. I thought they did a decent job with it, and Zane owned the part. He looked the way I always thought the Phantom would, could I but remove his mask.  ;)  Of course, when I first started reading it, it was his horse I was most interested in...I was one horse crazy kid.  ;D

Archived