DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Women Forsaken and their Aes Sedai defeaters?

42Bonzo88

Let's take the three forsaken that have been defeated for a time. First there is Moghedien captured by Nynaeve. I always thought Moghedien was the poorest of the women forsaken. She wasn't very good with the power and would rather wait in the shadows until the battle was over or untill (she thought) she had the upperhand. To me, Nynaeve was perfect to be her captor. Nynaeve is very strong in the power but very naive to any Aes Sedai skills. She needed brute force, and a lot of luck to make up for her ignorance.

Now we have Lanfear and Moirainne. Classic two women at the height of their game and they go down swinging together. The ultimate catfight. Too bad it wasn't dragged out longer. Maybe Mr. Sanderson will tell the story of what happened on the other side of the doorway. (Subtle Hint) :D

Not quite so classic but still great was Semiherage and Cadsuane. Cadsuane is met by the utmost in evil (in my opinion) in Semi and she goes in after her head held high and unblinking. Again, wish it was more of a battle but definitely the Aes Sedai to take on that particular forsaken.

Ok. You can all agree/disagree on my thoughts and I hope you do, but now for the clincher. We have two women forsaken left, but I'm only going for one. Sorry Aran'gar, but since you used to be male, your out. So that leaves Graendal. Grnendal has always been the most mysterious to me because you have her mentioned in most of the books, but you don't really know how powerful she is, not just strong in the power, but how she is manipulative and everything that will make up for the Power.

So, which of the ladies will get the opportunity to go against Graendal? I hope its either Egwene, or Alanna. Egwene because of being the Amryllian Seat and I think she has grown and matured. Alanna for almost the same reasons. I do not approve of what she did to Rand in the least, but maybe taking on Graendal will make up for part of that.

OK, go ahead and rip this apart or do what you will! Just have fun with it. :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alanna would be crushed like a bug, and that would be very bad for Rand.

Like the situation with Semirhage ... it would probably be a good idea to bring more than one person to this fight.

Aviendha may be central to this fight ... she at least has some kind of angreal, and access to Tel'aran'rhiod.  She has a warriors instincts, which anyone fighting Graendal will need.  And, she's in the right vicinity, physically.  But if she goes for it one on one, she better have a bloody good plan.

Honestly, Graendal and Demandred respectively are two of the hardest to predict; I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

If Berelain could channel, I'd love to see her fight Graendal - mudfight! No seriously, does it have to be a channeller? Berelain would be a great fight for Graendal. But of the channellers... not sure. I would love to see Graendal realise Rand is the stronger at TG and turn tails to his side, but sadly i dont think it'll happen. I think she's close to the most intelligent in terms of seeing things as they actually are, rather than as she would like them to be.

Ultimately, I think it's likely to be Egwene.

Still always wonder if Graendal was turned to the shadow via the 13 Mydraal weakness that Aes Sedai have, and if so, is there a method to redeem someone from that 'treatment.'  We recently (well, not *that* recently) watched Rand cleanse the taint from Saidin using a filter, so it would seem to fit in the realm of possibilities :) 

My vote for who takes Graendal down though has to be Aviendha...  right place, at the right time it seems.  However, in the realm of 'would love to see, but know it won't happen:' I think in all fairness to the Aiel, since Cadsuane has a pet Forsaken, I think Sorelia should have one too to maintain the balance between them ;)

Graendal intrigues me. I can't help but... like her. When SH turns up, during her meeting with Moghedien and Cyndane, she cottons on very very quickly that it's in her own best interests for now, to go along with him. She's far far from stupid. I think she loses some credibility withthe other Forsaken because of her obsessions and her 'tastes' but she's anything but frivolous in reality.

I truly would love to see her conclude that her best chance of survival would be to join forces with Rand, even if it's just for Tarmon Gaidon. I even believe Rand could be convinced to exile her after TG, rather than kill her.

Keep in mind during all this speculation ... none of the good guys actually know that Graendal is there, so its unlikely that anyone will "hunt her down" as such.  The decisive encounters with the Forsaken have generally been accidents, with the notable exceptions of Moiraine vs. Lanfear and Rand vs several of the boys.  If some kind of showdown happens, its unlikely to be a one on one contest.  Verin, with a circle at her command, not only failed to take Graendal down, but lost one of the women in her circle.

Graendal is bad, people.  She got the drop on and Compelled Cyndane and Moghedien at the same time.  Frankly, I think the odds are a lot better for Rand or one of the powerful Asha'man (like Logain).  Or a group.

Aviendha's relatively strong and has an angreal, so with that she might be as strong as Graendal is naturally, or at least close enough to put up a decent fight. However, Graendal has her own angreal so it's still no contest. And that's not even taking the gap in skill and battle experience into account.

Alivia on the other hand is probably as strong as Graendal is naturally, she has an angreal, and she has hundreds of years of experience. She's managed to survive a fight with Cyndane (Lanfear). Aside from Nynaeve, she's the only woman who I could see taking her one on one.

In light of people's responses (and thank you to all who have so far), I am going to change the instructions. Any woman wether they can channel or not can be included and groups also. I will allow men ONLY if the woman is controlling the circle (so they have to channel obviously). I am doing this because I am similar in view of women as Rand (and it will be the death of me) and sorry, but from my experiences in reading, and studying various accounts of fiction and nonfiction, women are much more viscious (sp?) and fight much more dirty. Face it, if we are going to have a forsaken go down, that is how I would want it. Sorry, for offending.

Mmm. I've always loved that idea. Given the way that the Forsaken are playing with the politics of the world as if they are above it it would make perfect irony for her to be captured in the course of an attack that has nothing to do with the shadow. Especially if the Seanchan arn't aware of who she is.

Mesaana: You can't do this to me! I am Mesaana, bringer of destruction, killer of teachers!

Sul'dam: Hush now damane. I think i will call you cuddlywinks. That was my cats name when i was a girl. She used to have a big red bow. Would you like a big red bow, Cuddlywinks?

Tuon may actually demand that fate for Semirhage, if she is made aware of who Semirhage had been posing as.  I can see Rand turning her over as part of a treaty ... although I doubt Cadsuane, Nynaeve, or anyone else will like it much.  And especially Egwene, since Egwene knows that Moghedien was released from an a'dam.

Oooh.  I wonder if that might be part of what pisses Egwene off at Rand?  Hmm, possibilities there.

Now we have Lanfear and Moirainne. Classic two women at the height of their game and they go down swinging together. The ultimate catfight. Too bad it wasn't dragged out longer. Maybe Mr. Sanderson will tell the story of what happened on the other side of the doorway. (Subtle Hint)

Not quite so classic but still great was Semiherage and Cadsuane. Cadsuane is met by the utmost in evil (in my opinion) in Semi and she goes in after her head held high and unblinking. Again, wish it was more of a battle but definitely the Aes Sedai to take on that particular forsaken.

I like this Bonzo, because its exactly the way I feel about those two encounters as well. Moiraine vs Lanfear, and Cadsuane vs Semirhage. Even though not a battle like you said those encounters couldnt have been cast better. Both rivalrys are almost as good as Rand vs Moridin.

I have hoped for a long time that Siuan will get the honour of offing Mesaana. Would be a bit of revenge considering Mesaanas involvment in deposing Siuan, even if Siuan does not know about it herself. And to add an extra touch, have Siuan kill her with a simple knife instead of channeling, to somewhat tie it in with her conversation with Nynaeve in TGH.

Tuon may actually demand that fate for Semirhage, if she is made aware of who Semirhage had been posing as.  I can see Rand turning her over as part of a treaty ... although I doubt Cadsuane, Nynaeve, or anyone else will like it much.  And especially Egwene, since Egwene knows that Moghedien was released from an a'dam.

Oooh.  I wonder if that might be part of what pisses Egwene off at Rand?  Hmm, possibilities there.

I don't know--Rand wants this treaty, but he's not stupid. With access to the type of knowledge Semirhage has the Seanchan would be the strongest channeling organisation in the land by a considerable amount.

I don't see Rand giving that to them.

i think it would be a let down if Grendal was taken down by anyone but Alvia because she is the only one with enough strength to compensate for the large gap in skill between the 3rd age channelers and the forsaken

Graendal has an angreal, Alivia does not. Graendal is stronger than Alivia.

i think it would be a let down if Grendal was taken down by anyone but Alvia because she is the only one with enough strength to compensate for the large gap in skill between the 3rd age channelers and the forsaken

You mean other than Nynaeve of course. But yea I agree, if anyone takes out Graendal it should be Alivia definitely. It would fit in well

You mean other than Nynaeve of course. But yea I agree, if anyone takes out Graendal it should be Alivia definitely. It would fit in well

I don't think Nynaeve could take Graendal . Moghedien skill is in TAR rather then the power and Graendal is significantly stronger so Nynaeve couldn't use the same tactic she used against Moghedien which was no skill all strength.

Graendal has an angreal, Alivia does not. Graendal is stronger than Alivia.

Alivia had an angreal at the cleansing theres nothing to say she will not gain access to it or another at some time.  Rand it seems has a significant stake in ensuring Alivia survives and also that she is as strong as possible.

Archived