DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Eye Of The World Comic Preview

Darth_Andrea

Dable Brothers has finaly posted a preview of the upcoming Eye Of The World Comic.

From www.dabelbrothers.com

Dabel Brothers Publishing is proud to provide a sneak peak of the first 10 inked pages to "The Wheel of Time: Eye of the World #0 - Dragonmount", with art by Chase Conley.  The series is being adapted to comics by Chuck Dixon.

The Wheel of Time saga begins here with the "Fall of the Dragon" and the "Breaking of the World" in this prelude issue to the ongoing series.  Look for a full digitally painted and lettered preview of these pages in the coming weeks.

Click the pic to enlarge

WoTpage00.gif WoTpage01.gif WoTpage02.gif WoTpage03.gif

WoTpage04.gif WoTpage05.gif WoTpage06.gif WoTpage07.gif

WoTpage08.gif WoTpage09.gif WoTpage10.gif

I'm loving these pages can't wait to see full color versions.

Darth_Andreastarwars1.gif     anim-ring.gif     The_Wheel_of_Time__Stamp_by_Seiken_.gif

It's interesting stuff, although I think it's a bit pointless starting with 'Ravens'. You might as well cut to the chase and just start with Lews Therin and Ishamael, the classic opening.

The Dabels are also planning to finish NEW SPRING, once the rights mess has been sorted out.

It's interesting stuff, although I think it's a bit pointless starting with 'Ravens'. You might as well cut to the chase and just start with Lews Therin and Ishamael, the classic opening.

The Dabels are also planning to finish NEW SPRING, once the rights mess has been sorted out.

I would think the book will open with the standard LTT/Ishy opening, Ravens is a add on remember for the 2 volume version of Eye Of The World and I'm Happy Chick Dixon decided to include it in the comic. As for New Spring, the remaining issues will start shipping in April this year. and continue monthly till the final 3 issues are out and the collected trade of the whole GN will be released in November from Tor.

Darth_Andreastarwars1.gif    anim-ring.gif    The_Wheel_of_Time__Stamp_by_Seiken_.gif

But what's up with the LTT opening picture, the colored one?

I've always pictured the age of legends as advanced, more of Scifi than fantasy but here it's pictured as standard fantasy fare. The architecture and clothing looks .... medieval. ::)

Why would anyone wear a bear pelt for a cloak when there's the technology the create far more advanced and comfortable (lighter) stuff?

The color page is the cover of the #0 issue. The pages are from the extended Prologue from the 2 volume edition of the novel. A full summary can be found here http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/books/teotw/earlier.html

Basically It's 8 years before the scene of Rand and Tam walking the road in Chapter one. The girl is Egwene the story teller is Tam. Egwene is 9 in this the boys 11. 

Darth_Andreastarwars1.gif     anim-ring.gif     The_Wheel_of_Time__Stamp_by_Seiken_.gif

So it's the prolouge from tEotW Young adults novel part 1.

Okay, good, because Mat was Mat and easy to spot.  But I didn't see anyone freakishly tall (Rand) or heaviely muscled (Perrin).

And the artwork was awesome, but can you expect less from Dabel Brothers.  Although I never thought of shoufas as turbines.

My problem is other novels they "comicized" had huge themes from the story removed that it felt rushed, despite the awesome artwork.

But there Dresden Book Welcome to the Jungle, an original Dresden story was tight and well put to together and plotted story wise.

I think if DB wanted to make a truly excellent WoT comic series they should do something not directly rated to the novels, like the Trolloc Wars or Thom Merrlin's earlier days.  That way they wouldn't be burdened with editing out huge chunks of story in the early books that seem unimportant that later on are huge deals.

On tFoH cover Mat was about the same size as Rand.  tGH's cover had Rand wearing a Golden Crane, for the longest time I thought it was supposed to be Lan and Moraine, which didn't make sense.  LoC has a rather clean shaven Rand.

WH Gaul was about teh same size as Perrin.  CoT Tuon wasn't that small.

Don't let the covers image the people for you, I won't go into all the problems tEotW.

or heaviely muscled (Perrin).

He was a short wimpy guy on the cover of book 11.

And blond, and Galina a slim woman to?? :X I did never like the covers anyway, i hate when a artist try to draw something they dont know anything about. If this artist did read the books at least once, then maby he did get something right. Ok, Perrin got a beard at least...

I've always pictured the age of legends as advanced, more of Scifi than fantasy but here it's pictured as standard fantasy fare. The architecture and clothing looks .... medieval. ::)

Why would anyone wear a bear pelt for a cloak when there's the technology the create far more advanced and comfortable (lighter) stuff?

For one thing he's crazy, for another the world's in the throes of the apocalypse, which is coming on the heels of a 10 year World War waged with the equivalence of paradox inducing nuclear weapons against a nihilistic enemy intent on destroying civilization.

If you look at the pictures of the Forsaken that were released earlier they look like they were wearing clothing appropriate for some kind of pseudo-Victorian steampunk utopia.

• 2 weeks later...

I never thought of LTT as having long hair, or as being that bulky.

Agreed, I imagined him short hair and slim, but I guess that's aritistic lisence. Though I though he WAS shorter then Rand wasn't he? Basically picture Wilson from House and that's who I imagined as LTT.

• 2 weeks later...

I felt there was enough in it to pass off as late 19th century aristocracy, although I'm no expert on the subject. We tend to forget that the scene took place after one of the most debilatating wars ever. Its to be expected that technology begin to suffer - perhaps the number of people capable of operating that kind of technology drastically reduced?

Archived