DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Teslyn

You know she promised Mat that if he helped her escape she would "do anything" he asked of her even to betray the tower. To me coming from an Aesedai that is as good as swearing fealty. Yet after he gets her out of Ebou Dar she doesnt seem to help him as much as she can. This kind of ticks me off you know? All the trouble he has from the three of them, at least she should be bound by her promise to do what he says. Maybe she can get away with it because he hasnt specificaly asked her to do anything, but wheres the BLOODY Gratitude I ask you.

Teslyn actually shows gratitude. She is an Aes Sedai which means showing gratitude at all is really, really tough. In my opinion she is the best behaved towards Mat because she has realized he is a decent and capable guy. He rescued her from the Seanchan and made Precious take the collar off her again in KOD. Rememeber her kissing his hand thanking him and he couldn't get her to let go? or her warning him about Joline, OR when she gets Joline to stop harrassing him? Her demeanor, quite frankly, is not that of a black. Yes all those things could be explained away but not very convincingly...sometimes the most obvious answer is the correct one. Mat has simply earned himself some much deserved respect. As much as an Aes Sedai is capable of anyway.

And to answer the orginal poster. Mat never said he needed anything in return. No bargain was made. Mat probably could still ask but not on the same terms as before releasing her. He doesn't appear to want anything in return anyhow, he just did it because he is a 'bloody hero'. And see my comment above for info about her behavior its really not bad at all. After all were dealing with bloody Aes Sedai here.

Guest cwestervelt

Kaznen:

Out of the three AS she has been acting the most on his side. She got that green to leave him alone, and has been acting the most like one of his soldiers, as far as AS go.

I kinda like her.

Pevin:

I agree with Kaznen. Out of the three Aes Sedai that Mat rescued I think Joline is the most annoying and ungrateful.

Luckers:

Which to me makes her the most likely of being black.

Obviously Joline is the one that is going to be the least grateful. Joline was never a Damane, so she doesn't fully appreciate what Mat rescued them from. I don't see what that has to do with making her more likely to be Black than the others.

I don't have any opinions or insights into whether any of those Aes Sedai are black (I had truly never even thought of that possibility), but I thik Joline knew very well what Mat saved her from and should be a lot nicer to him.

Last night I reread the first scene Mat meets Joline--in Winter's Heart chapter 19. It was in Anan's kitchen, and while they were talking Egeanin and Domon walked in. That freaked Joline out something awful and she was sobbing and wouldn't let go of Mat for quite a while (Mat had been pretending to make out with Joline to hide her face from Egeanin).

Joline is just too prideful! :evil:

Archived