DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

James Bond Songs - It's A Knockout (Winner: A-Ha; Runner-up: Louis Armstrong)

Corki

The "It's A Knockout" for Queen was won by Bohemian Rhapsody, which beat We Will Rock You in the Final. In the 3rd/4th Play-Off, We Are The Champions triumphed over Don't Stop Me Now.

"It's A Knockout" continues this week, and is another short and sweet version - each vote is for a day so make sure you get your vote down in time! This means that the thread will run for a week. And as a result, the number of songs is smaller, and is concentrated on one group/singer/artist. And for this week (Monday 23rd February 2009 to Monday 2nd March 2009), we will be concentrating on the main songs from the James Bond film franchise.

Picking 8 songs was tough, but I have gone for my favourite 8. You will see the ties in the next thread.

"It's a Knockout" - Format

For those of you who have not been involved with a "It's A Knockout" thread before, the rules are quite simple. The Band of the Red Hand is DM's travel and music ORG, and "It's a Knockout" is a knock out competition to find out the winner of the chosen category (past categories include Best Selling Single of 2008, Favourite Christmas Carol). Each day, 2 songs will be posted, along with a link so you can listen to the song if you do not know it, and all you have to do is post which is your favourite song of the two. After a day, the votes will be counted, and the winning song will progress to the next round, until we only have 1 song left as the winner at the end of the competition. It's very simple, so I look forward to seeing you getting involved!

So without further a-do, let the competition begin!

RESULTS

Round 1

1. The Man With The Golden Gun (Lulu) beat Nobody Does It Better (Carly Simon) (4-2)

2. All Time High (Rita Coolidge) beat License To Kill (Gladys Knight) (3-0)

3. For Your Eyes Only (Sheena Easton) lost to We Have All The Time In The World (Louis Armstrong) (0-4)

4. Diamonds Are Forever (Shirley Bassey) lost to The Living Daylights (A-Ha)

Semi-Final

1. We Have All The Time In The World (Louis Armstrong) beat All Time High (Rita Coolidge) (4-0)

2. The Man With The Golden Gun (Lulu) lost to The Living Daylights (A-Ha) (0-2)

3rd/4th Play-off

1. All Time High (Rita Coolidge) lost to The Man With The Golden Gun (Lulu) (1-2)

Final

1. We Have All The Time In The World (Louis Armstrong) lost to The Living Daylights (A-Ha) (1-2)

Archived