DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

who else plays D&D?

Desiree

I've recently moved into a D&D addict family and they've also gotten me addicted! I play Coralai Sodavihn, a lawful good level 5 Half Elf Druid and a chaotic neutral level 2 Halfling Rogue named Desiree who's a greedy lil 'tard!

what do you guys play?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to try my luck DMing a game for stephen and his little brother to see if they can play together nicely for once, lol. instead I wound up playing with the little brother and stephen DMing. said something to the effect of I didn't know the game well enough to DM it. hmph!

My current character is a human warmage, and we're doing a naval campaign (gonna be pirates). A naval campaign is a bit of a novelty for us, and we're having blast, or at least we were, till the DM fell off of the face of the earth a month ago.

I play 3.5, what edition do you play?

yeah, but they've been D&Ding for two years and I've only been playing for two months :P

I'm in two campaigns. in the first one I got thrown in to (with stephen, the little brother, the oldest brother, and the dad) we were exploring these crypts since two of them are grave robbers and theives. yeah, hid dad doesn't know how to add characters in very well. apparently I was in that crypt for 20 years just crying as I stared at my comrade, who got himself speared by a spike. Gave me a Ring of Sustenance and told me that's how I survived. but crying all that time over a dead dwarve that I just joined their mission of my own greedy intentions? pfffft!

in the other one, I play my rogue with the little brother and stephen as dm. I just wanted to start from the beginning so I could better understand the basics of the game, so I just killed this harpy in a goblin cave that was terrorizing some town.

it's basically just to learn more and to be nice and include the little brother (lil over a year my junior) in our games. I've no idea about edition...

hmmm, I might have to pull out stephens books and see. no telling where he's had them hidden for the past couple of weeks, though. I should be getting some of my own in the next couple months or so. prolly after we move out, though.

anyone else own the book sets?

A lot of people agree with you about 4th edition being crappy, because they streamlined it and made it too easy.

I own a few of the books (players handbook, DM guide) but my friend has them and has had them for some months... I need to visit him sometime, cause I want them back.

Be sure to read the books and know the rules inside and out before you DM the game. You absolutely do not want them to be tripping you up on the rules. Basically, read the players handbook and the DM guide cover to cover and you should have all the basic rules down, and as long as you're creative and not afraid to look up stuff, you should be ok.

see, I was going to try to DM a small game that we played maybe about 5 or 6 times so I could try to call some rule on Bill that he and everyone else overlooked. he's the DM the guys go to play with on Saturdays that pits level 20s against level 5s and expects them to win - one char against 2 or 3 with no help from the team

I've been playing D&D fairly consistently for the last 9 years. I started out with 2nd Edition, and then moved onto 3rd and now 3.5. I don't like 4th edition, but mainly because I own nearly all the 3.5 ed. books and I'm NOT spending any more money.

Right now I'm DMing a game, but my most favorite character was my level 10 Chaotic Good Elven Shadowdancer named Vivienne Elendiel. She had a Shadow companion she called Slaad, and she liked to purchase slaves, educated them and then set them free. It was an AWESOME campaign. My second most favorite character of mine was my Level 13 Half Elf True Neutral Druid I named Autumn Wyndhurst. She was the first character I had ever created, and when I transferred her over from 2nd edition to 3rd, she got much less cool (as they got rid of the Shapeshifting kit which was super powerful). She was a hardcore b!tch though, and I loved it. :D

I had VERY briefly entertained the idea of having an online campaign with SGers...but with all the various timezones it would be just too problematic I think. :(

Wyndhurst... why does that sound so familiar?

but in the campaign I was thrown into, I'm a Druid and I'm supposed to have an animal companioin named Kye. Well, I was stuck in a cave for some 20 odd years! and the lifespan of a horse is around 30-35 years. Yeah... I don't think I have a companion anymore :P

and that might be a bit too troublesome. to be online to play with.... Demi for instance, I'd have to be online around 7-9 my time. and I have problems falling asleep before 3-4 am lately

Az and I play D&D on WoW.  Usually mostly just roleplaying scenes, not much combat.  which is what his games have become as he's grown as a DM.

his advice to new DM's

1) always make your rolls behind a screen.  never let the players see.

2) never let the rules/rolls get in the way of the story and the fun.

3) The purpose of D&D is to have fun, for both the player's and DM.  if someone isn't haveing fun, find out why and fix it.

4) YOU are GOD and YOU own the character's lives so when the player's start getting out of hand you bring out the SMITE.  If the character's filthy rich and all that money is taking the fun out of the game, take away the money.

lmao! bring out the smite! sounds like what happened time before last that we played together as a family. A lightning bolt came from this tower and killed off the Dwarf. We said it was Divine Intervention to kill off Grumpy :P

yes, he srsly had a Dwarf named Grumpy...

I play 2 main characters.  1 is in a game that's just me and Azrael as the DM.  that character doesn't play nicely with others.  the second character is the 1st's daughter and she's in a group with Az's wife and Az and one of their old gaming buddies.

1) Vyx Vlyn, Human, Neutral Evil, Level 18(Rogue3, Cleric 11, Contemplative 4)  Hierophant of Kraakuun (Kraken) the Evil Sea God.  Approx. 40yrs old.  Founder and now Co-Owner of the Seven Seas Company. (think East India Company from the 1600's). Queen of the Fire Islands (founder).  Pirate Queen. Sex kitten to the Emperor of All Mankind, Khanrhyd (dragonkin).  died at age 18 from wounds suffered in childbirth of her half demon daughter Vyktorya.  Returned as a Lich 4months later.  Rule with absolute terror over Port Kraken. 9yrs later she is very unhappy with her unlife and beseeches the clerics of the lawful Good god (Marrduuk) to return her to life.  At age 30 (as she counts time) she returns to life.  While recouvering from death Khanrhyd (Emperor of All Mankind, Champion of Marrduuk and Master of Vyx's shaved kitty) learns that Vyx never, ever went to school and aside from religion, magic, money and ancient history (as told to her by her god) Vyx knows crap-all about crap-all.  So at chronological age 40, physical age 18, Khanrhyd makes her go to elementary school. With the help of a elixir of youth (-10yrs off your body).  So, the Terror of the Seas, Sexpot to the Emperor (and that one night with her god), One of the Richest Women in the world and Queen of Pirates is in grade 2 and is 9yrs old.   Yes, if you do the math there is a missing 12yrs.  She went on a pilgrimage when she was 16 to see her god that lasted 4days and 4 nights.  When she returned she found 12yrs had passed.  Her old crew had grown her company and founded an island capitol for the company and stuff.

Teacher's Note:  Not allowed to have or make caramel.  See incident report number 54.

2) Vyktorya Vlyn.  Age 9, lvl 9 lawful good Paladin of Maarduuk.  Born a half-demon, turning into a half-angel.

Apprentice and foster Daughter to Khanrhyd, lawful evil paladin, (Emperor of All Mankind).  Daughter (technically murderor) of Vyx Vlyn.  Physically she's a full grown woman with a size D chest and gold horns and hooves, pink scales, a tail and large bat like wings that are getting covered in gold feathers.  She smells like honeysuckle and faintly of sulfur.  She likes cupcakes, particulary ones that have icing and rainbow sprinkles.  Her paladin's mount is a keyrhyn named Nibbles.  he's firey red and orange and yellow.  (think winged velocoraptor or dinonycheas).  She's off adventuring with her mentor, idol and foster dad Khanrhyd (Az) lvl 25, his brother a warrior named Daryk (Az's wife)lvl 19 and a mage lvl 10 that's doesn't seem to understand the dangers of blowback when he casts fireball and lightning bolt in a confined area.

Note:  Don't hit Khanrhyd in the back with your magic glaive for a third time when trying to hit the necromancer...(yes that means there is a first and second time to that....)

Archived