DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Min's last viewing of Moraine(the one that hasn't come true)

Hydroc Claw

So I came to a realization while I was at work. The viewing of Moiraine that never came true was that she would marry Thom. That is why Moiraine was able to tell the girls that she knew the face of the man she would marry better than any of them, because Min already told her who she will marry.

There is a good chance that Moiraine learned something about the man she would marry either from her experience in Ruhidian, the Door Ter'Angrael in Tear or even her test for Accepted, but I doubt that Min's viewing had anything to do with Moiraine marrying Thom.  Min says when refering to the failed vision that, "Rand was almost sure to fail without a woman dead and gone," and that her only failed vision was about Moiraine.  While marying Thom would certainly have a significant impact on her life, I can't see it being the difference between success and failure at Tarmon Gaidon.

In my own opinion It's highly likely that you both are right, but Min being in love with Rand like she is she would chose to dwell on the one that would be most fatal to rand. not something as trivial (to her) as moiraine marrying a white haired gleeman she's barely ever even met

The scene I'm refering to happens before Moraine goes to Rhuidean, and before she goes into the stone door Ter'Angreal in Tear. I have to go and reread the passage(again) still, but I believe that Rand failing without a woman who is dead and gone is Min's interpretation of a viewing of Rand, and that the only viewing to ever have failed was that Moiraine would marry Thom, which is obviously a viewing of Moiraine, or of Moiraine and Thom together. It's entirely significant to Rand because it represents the fact that she could have a vision that doesn't come true.

The scene I'm refering to happens before Moraine goes to Rhuidean, and before she goes into the stone door Ter'Angreal in Tear. I have to go and reread the passage(again) still, but I believe that Rand failing without a woman who is dead and gone is Min's interpretation of a viewing of Rand, and that the only viewing to ever have failed was that Moiraine would marry Thom, which is obviously a viewing of Moiraine, or of Moiraine and Thom together. It's entirely significant to Rand because it represents the fact that she could have a vision that doesn't come true.

The scene where she tells the wondergirls she knows the face of the man she'll marry? It's true that that was also a viewing of min's in my opinion. I'm simply saying the one she was thinking about that failed was probably how rand would fail with out her(moraine) a woman whose dead and gone. Like I said I believe you're both right

The viewing being marriage with Thom, I have been trying to tell that in another thread.

This page seems to support the idea::

http://linuxmafia.com/jordan/2_nondark/2.5_lurv/2.5.3_thom-moir.html

It would be very funny if the quote "Rand was almost sure to fail without a woman dead and gone,"  refers to Lanfear. Be a good twist

Cyndane is her name now; Arangar might also be a good twist.

Archived