DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Joining the Darkside

Kael

I doubt any of you know me in this Band but a few of you might since there are a few cross RP and ORG Banders around. And with Corki writing a bio (which is taking an awfully long time btw :roll: ) I'm begining to wonder if I should succumb to the darkside.

I'm still debating on whether I should join since I wouldn't be very active and such but I thought I might as well meet some people and see if I recognize anyone.

And a few things, Battle Brew is a terrible substance and you are missing the greatest Corp in the World, Scouts??? :lol:

*sits back and enjoys a Bandwieser*

Known in the Band as

Kedyn

Scout Sergeant

RP Band Division Leader

*laughs*

Yeap, my bio is done, but as I am on slooooooooooow dial up internet now I am back at home, it is a lot harder for me to do everything I want to. But my Bio will be with you shortly, I promise! Give me a couple of days! ;)

You say Battle Brew is a terrible substance...be prepared to defend yourself as every single Bander beats you up! ;) Oh, and we don't have Scouts as the Band is happy with 3 Regiments (Archers, Cavalry, and Infantry). However, Scouts are associated with the Cavalry.

If you do join us, you become a Raw Recruit, and would spend a week in each Regiment getting to know everyone, and to see which Regiment you belong to and then ultimately join.

sharp as a bowling ball there horn. If you had read his post, you would have seen he already said scouts are with cavalry, though after such a dazzling display of intelligence, I'm sure Kael is going to be reconsidering joining the cavalry.(just kidding, no offense meant horn) :wink: Besides, on the RP side, scouts and cav have almost as much of a history as archers and cav do on this side. Anyhow, if you really wanna have a good time, get into mischief, and generally make trouble for the band, the archers are the place to be. Plus I'm sure you'll get used to our Battle Brew. We have many many varieties, but you can have a frozen shot from the archers division. It's our summertime official drink. *passes a flaming shot* oh, and don't worry, I'll make sure you get the REAL story on what the divisions are like, you know, one RP'er to another :wink:

I think Es and I could be Itchy and Scratchy for how many times we would have killed each other on the offsite boards :lol:

But we'll have to see, and no offense if I don't beleive your claim about the archers Rurak. You're about as umbaised as I am when I'm trying to recruit for the Band. *hides his JOIN THE SCOUTS!! signs*

I'll get this joining thing kickstarted after I get back from LOA

me...biased :shock: I can't believe you would even insinuate such a thing Kael! I'm about as unbiased as any other archer in the band! Which is to say I will scheme and plot in every way I can to get you to become an archer and keep you away from the cavalry :lol:

Well i thought i would just post here to correct a few misunderstandings that have suddenly taken on major proportions......

by the Dark Ones huge spehrical thingies...who said the Scouts or the Archers were the best????

Everyone with an ounce of common sense knows that the only Division worth joining is the CAVALRY

Scouts are just frustrated wanna be Cavarly members....and as for archers? Man that bunch are as weirdly strange as they come :lol:

The only way to go is the Cavalry way...we get to ride over ppl and trample them into a bloody pulp........and when it gets cold we have our horses to keep us warm....ever tried snuggling up to a bow.....just does not have the same effect :lol:

Amon Turamber

Under Commander,IC, BotRH

Berserker for Life

• 2 weeks later...

They do seem to like all that trampling, Carnhain done it to me enough that I'm almost used to it. And scouts frustrated wanna be cav members? If you weren't an incarn! *waves an angry fist*

And how's the Bio going Lanette? Sorry I didn't ask sooner, but I had the LOA and Estel handles the Bio stuff not me so I actually didn't know you had written one

Welcome to the Light, Kael! :) My bio is on the back burners at the moment, due to the fact I am working 13 hours a day, and pretty tired when I get in, resulting in a lack of ideas to edit my Bio! Anyway, here is some pretty useful info for you to know, and help you through!

*official spiel*

Welcome Kael! An email explaining important information about the Band is currently sitting in your inbox! Take a read!

Basically, the Band of the Red Hand is the Travel and Music ORG at DM! By signing up for the Band, you have joined the successful Raw Recruit Scheme. By signing up for the off board site, you will be able to experience the whole process to the maximum! The new Executive Officer, F Horn of Valere, or I, will assign you to one of the three Regiments (Archers, Cavalry, Infantry) for a week, where you will be given various tasks to perform, hoping that you will get a picture of what time in each Regiment is like. After a week with each Regiment, you will be asked to pick your final choice of a Regiment.

While being a Raw Recruit, there is nothing stopping you from earning points like any other Band member. Points lead to promotion within the Band. Below is a list of possible ways to earn points:

- writing reviews on places to visit/holidays you have been on

- writing reviews on music albums and gigs

- replying to other people's reviews and asking questions

- composing Jak O' the Shadow verses

- getting articles published in our monthly newsletter, The Hornsounder

- monthly roll call in the Band's private boards at DM

- any DM project we may have (currently a Battle Project, so speak to Horn if interested)

- and much much more I cannot think of right now!

If you complete your time as a Raw Recruit within 3 to 4 weeks, you will get a special award (called the Raw Recruit Stripe) which you can add to your siggy as well!

While being a Raw Recruit, you get 4 free strikes. This enables you to break Band Law 4 times without being punished my the Redarms, the Band's own police force. If they see any Law breaking, they will either drag you up for a trial or give you a fun spot fine to do (usually 100 lines of something witty). Channeling is a major no-no in the Band. As is spilling Battle Brew, our beloved drink! Once you have used up your 4 strikes, or join the Band's ranks officially, you will face the full force of Band law like any other Bander does!

Of course, we are not all about working 24/7, as we do let our hair down now and then! We are famous for our bar brawls, which happen frequently! Expect one soon! We also like jokes, tales, funny pictures - things that will make us laugh!

We also have many games - at DM, which can be found in the stickies, and on the off board site as well! Also, take the lessons to learn our ORG Game, based on the luck of dice! You get the selected weapons of your division, and can fight anyone in the Band! It is currently being revised, but the ideas will all be the same!

If I have left anything out (which I expect I have!), do not hesitate to ask questions! Someone will be able to answer them for you!

One last thing...

*hands Kael a Marshal-General's Special Battle Brew*

CARAI AN SHEN AN CALHAR!!!!!

*/official spiel*

Guest Cadsuane

Psst... you know they only call it Bandy because it gives you Bandy legs, just like riding a horse does! Who wants to look like this?!!?

728236-bow-leg.gif

So, drink Flaming Shots instead, and be sure to join the Archers!! :wink:

WOOO HOOOO!!! I love new members!!!

Welcome to the band Kael!!

*looks at archer posts above*

Pppfff. At least cavalry has decent trasnportation. We may be bow-legged but at least our feet are pretty, and so are our horses!!!

:D

Archived