DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Resolution: 2009

U4ea

Alright, ya'll! It's resolution time! In the grand tradition of this wonderful Org, stop in, make your resolutions known and we'll back you up. ;) Nothing like a cheering section to help you reach your goals!

So, to start it off, here are my resolutions: (3 is the usual around here, for those of you who either don't remember or haven't experienced our cheering committe, yet. ;) )

1- Say thank you more often. I vow that every postage stamp used on me will be returned.

2- Get caught up and stay up on birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and exchanges. Yes, this means if I owe you one, I will get it in the mail. That's been my problem: Making it to the post office. *sighs* I'll do it, by God.

3- Get back to my normal self. I'm tired of being tired. I'm tired of doing mostly catching up when I get time to mess with my computer. I resolve that keeping up will be my primary goal. That means at work, too. I've turned more things in late in the last three months than I have EVER turned in. That's just NOT ME!

So, what can we help you resolve today?

I resolve to resolutely resist any and all resolutions in as resolute a fashion as required. To refute out of hand all requirements requiring me to respond in a responsible fashion to irrefutable rejoinders thus derailing reprehensible rumours that I regurgitate RUM as a result of my reviled and sometimes rancorous revels. All this resulting in a resounding and raucous recapitulation of my resolutions of years past....

Resquiat in pace 2008  :'(

I resolve to finish something.  Anything.  I am such a terrible procrastinator I am lucky to get anything started, let alone finished.

I resolve to organize that d*!#&$ sewing room, once and for all.

I reserve the right to add further resolutions as necessary.

I resolve to keep this new house cleaner/tidier than the old house.  I also resolve to be more patient with my kids and to try to remember that they ARE only kids (although . . . they really do need to help more around the house without me having to constantly tell them what and how to do it).

Okay, we'll try this again.

1- Weight loss.  I say it this way, because fitness-wise I am not bad.  I can run 1 1/2 miles under 13 minutes, and weightlifting is flying right along.  I just still weigh 260 lbs(And at 6ft my BMI rates me as Morbidly Obese).

2- Make more time for projects, both solo(building/fixing things) and Family type(This one should be easier since I am no longer on mandatory overtime).

3- Everything else in my life runs fairly smooth, so I guess I'll leave this one open.

LOL *pokes manny*  you silly man!  This is serious..now how am I going to be sure you do any of that stuff?  Hmmm?

*grins at Ursula and everyone*  Sounds good everyone!  And May hon..you may want to try what I do..a dear friend of mine does this and I got it from her about ten years ago and it works for me!  I don't make "resolutions"  I never keep them..but she would make a list of things she wanted to get done in the coming year...so I do that too..make a list!  When I get one done, I put the date by it, the journal is on the first page of this year's journal btw,and walah!  An accomplishment!!

*chuckles*  Ursula if you get that sewing room organized and clean then I KNOW there is hope!

Ok my list for 2009:

1. Make a scrapbook of my crafy stuff I've made.

2. Finish the NaNo book I started in November.

3. Participate in Nano in November 2009.

4. Learn to use my computer programs...burning thingys, art thingy, cd burner.

5. Maintain and improve my butterfly garden.

6. Clean out and organize my crafty crap.

7. Get new living room furniture.

8. Paint the inside of the house.

9. Go to Colorado.

10. Go see Lor.

11. join the american quilling association.

12. be realistic about what i can and cannot do and accomplish when I am choosing craft projects!!!

and this one includes my hubby...to do daily devotions together no matter where he is. 

*laughs*  of course i can think of a ton more..but those are the realistic ones!  There are so many things I want to make, and I'd like to be a better person about some things...but then that gets into that resolution type thing..so i just keep that as an awareness thingy. LOL!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Lets see resolutions, resolutions. Well since I never make any and really dont like the term anymore, my goals for this year are as follows:

1) To write at least a little bit every week, I should write at least 25K words per month.

2) in that same vein I should have a first draft completed of one book by the end of May (a collaborative effort I'm working on with another), and one by the end of October.

3) Still need to become a bit healthier.

4) Need to perfect my evilness, I daresay I'm not living up to my reputation.

5) And the adoption process should be started by the end of July.

6) A little more financial stability.

*arches eyebrow, arms folded tugging on braid*

umm you forgot one there dear heart....

Showering Twinnie with love and adoration as well as letting her continue to corrupt your evilness.

LOL  Sounds good hon!!  I really do hope you do more writing this year and complete a manuscript!!  *grins*  We'll be here to poke and prod, cheer and yes with the little uniform..LOL!  And to see how you're doing!!

That goes for everyone!!  Soo..how y'all doing this first couple weeks into the year? hmmm?

Oh i love pretzels....especially with cheese, covered with chocolate..white or milk chocolate..actually my favorite is wiht white yogurt!  Yummy..but they are good no matter what!

*hugs Dae*

Good Job!!  Now keep writing!!  You can type with one hand can't you?

Darnnit Dae.. Dear Danya is from IOWA .. She's Ioweegian.!!!. That's five letters and 5000 miles from Norway... but i could be mistaken ::) ..

Twin.. I WAS being serious.. Yahoo Serious in fact! And around these here parts that's pret-tee danged serious.. There being such a glut of Yahoos in this market. The demographics for anything serious are terribly grim... Much like me when the subject of resolutions is brought up and bandied about.

*hugs Manny, kisses the dolphin tattoo and grins*

Thats ok..I should have realized you were serious!  You can't teach an old Pirate new tricks....I think thats the phrase....

*arches eyebrow at Dae....*  geographically confused again I see.  *twaps*  get to writing there boyo!!  *grins*  I have high expectations of you!

I don't blame you Sam!!  Bill was in Sterling Ill overnight last night...temp went to 32 below!!  Thank god he doped his fuel and the truck stayed running and warm!!!

Archived