DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who does rand fight at TG

Durinax

I think it will be much like Toman Head, when Rand fought in the sky against 'The Dark One'. Or do you think he will lead an army to Shayol Ghul and slowly that army will be defeated till his blood spills on the slopes?

Happily, it's not for me or you to decide what TG will be like  ;) I would go crazy thinking of a proper one!

But I don't see it like you described.  :)

I don't think Rand will even be at Tarmon Gaidon.

I know, you're thinking, "What?  You're outa your mind!"  My wife says that all the time.  I'm used to it.

Here's my theory.  Tarmon Gaidon will be the biggest feint of all time.  Rand will fake his death, convincing the world that Logain was really the Dragon all along.  Logain will lead the forces of the Light in Tarmon Gaidon, while Rand leads a small strike force to Shayol Ghul (using the old knife Aviendha found that keeps the Shadow from noticing you), breaking the seals there and defeating the Dark One.

Or, they all have crumpets and tea, on the rocks of Shayol Ghul.  One or the other...  ;D

I must admit though, I've been waiting and waiting for a Rand vs Moridin one on one for ages. That incedent at Shadar Logoth when they become linked, and the way the link manifests so far, is one of my favorite parts of the series. I'll be gutted if it doesnt happen and if Im honest I dont think it will, so I reckon I will be gutted. Maybe something like Moridin seriously gets the better of Rand, but Lan runs Moridin through before he Moridin lands the killing blow and then Rand finishes him off.

If it does happen though it had better be good, I cant stand the idea of Moridin falling as easily as the rest have done so far.

Dragon Reborn versus Nae'blis. You have to admit thats one hell of a potential fight. I just hope Rand finds out who Moridin really is before anything like this happens.

IMO  alot of the  actual  fighting will be  by the  secondary  characters  Rands  job i  believe  will be dealing with the Bore. we know at some point in the  turning of the wheel  the  Bore  returns to  a  state  of what is was before  the  drilling  Ie no patch or  faulty  work whether  rand  fixes the  bore  or  starts the process of  returning it to  its pre  bored  state  i cant  say  we  just know at some point it happens.

I think TG will be more like the Strike at SG.  Lan's leading forces to seal up Tarwin's Gap but this type of battle will not seal the DO back into his prison.  Winning TG is a matter or sealing up the DO which I believe will use the major sa'angreal to end this age.  Many trollocs will be slain across the continent of Randland but these will all be secondary battles in comparison to defeating (hemming in) a super-natural being such as the DO.  Killing trollocs is pain meds and antibiotics for an infected broken leg that will require major surgery.  THINK BIG!!

Tarmon Gaidon will be the biggest feint of all time.  Rand will fake his death, convincing the world that Logain was really the Dragon all along.  Logain will lead the forces of the Light in Tarmon Gaidon, while Rand leads a small strike force to Shayol Ghul (using the old knife Aviendha found that keeps the Shadow from noticing you), breaking the seals there and defeating the Dark One.

Oooh, I like that!!

That way Logain gets more glory than any man can imagine (as per Min's viewing), Rand (Lews Therin) breaks the seals and seals up the Dark One with the aid of female channelers as was the plan in the AOL.

He won't fight anybody, he won't even make it to TG. Bella will decide that she needs to keep him out of trouble, so she'll sit on him and keep him pinned down for the whole battle. Rand will be helpless to move her because, as we all know, the One Power doesn't work on horses.

He won't fight anybody, he won't even make it to TG. Bella will decide that she needs to keep him out of trouble, so she'll sit on him and keep him pinned down for the whole battle. Rand will be helpless to move her because, as we all know, the One Power doesn't work on horses.

I vote Cillian winner

The thing about Rand telling that Logain being the Dragon Reborn along; that to me is absurd.

First, I doubt Rand would forget the prophecies he fulfilled.

Second, I doubt Logain would agree to it.  (It would require both their agreement for it to work.)

Third, I doubt witnesses of the events would believe.

That thing about Bela sitting on Rand; that to me is also absurd.

First, the One Power does work on horses.  The weariness healing could be one indicator.  The rescue of Perrin & Egwene from Whitecloaks is another.

Second, horses are not as sentient as the scenario claims.

Third, someone else has been using Bela ever since that escape from Two Rivers in the first book.

Aes Sedia told that Tamar Gai'don would be another Breaking.

Borderland people say that it would be in the Blight.

Somewhere in the books, it seems to indicate that it would be at Toman Head.

Some possibilities::

-Tamar Gai'don being at Shayol Ghul with Rand dieing after he destroys the Dark One.

-Tamar Gai'don being everywhere with channelers being dispersed through various places and Light sided people killing Darkfriends.

-Tamar Gai'don starting at Toman Head with the Light sided forces pushing shadowspawn and Darkfriends toward Shayol Ghul through the lands then through the Blight.

The thing about Rand telling that Logain being the Dragon Reborn along; that to me is absurd.

First, I doubt Rand would forget the prophecies he fulfilled.

Second, I doubt Logain would agree to it.  (It would require both their agreement for it to work.)

Third, I doubt witnesses of the events would believe.

Okay, mb; work with me here.  I didn't say that Rand was going to have some sort of anti-epiphany and say, "Oh well, I guess it wasn't me."  Rand is the Dragon Reborn.  We all know that, as readers.  Heck, even Logain acknoledges that.  My point is that, to paraphrase Thom Merrilin, the stories will change in the telling.  He made a comment that he might even be the hero in some telling of the tale years from now.  The 'World' is going to see what appears to be the truth, not what is the truth.

First, the One Power does work on horses.  The weariness healing could be one indicator.  The rescue of Perrin & Egwene from Whitecloaks is another.

Third, someone else has been using Bela ever since that escape from Two Rivers in the first book.

Don't be such a stick in the mud, mb.  We all know that Bela is the Creator Incarnate...  ;D

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nice supporting arguments and research.  You get an A++++!?! ;)

Don't be such a stick in the mud, mb.  We all know that Bela is the Creator Incarnate...  ;D
*Kneecaps Cillian and Tel Janin* It's the only way some people learn...

Archived