DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Make a JOYFUL Noise!!!

twinflower

Ohhhhhh!  Jingle Bells!  Jingle Bells!  Jingle alll the wayyyyyy!!!

LOL  Ok so some of you may have that stuck in your head for awhile today...but thats GOOD!

It's time to put together the Kin's Christmas CD!  Instead of waiting until December and doing this in a rush..I thought we might have more success in planning ahead!

Here's the plan...*Waggles eyebrows*:

YOU:  will post here your favorite Christmas Carol or Song.  Then if we can you can send it to me over MSN..or I'll see if I have it in my collection!

I:  I will collect your songs, burn them onto a CD and mail them to each of you to enjoy for the Holidays!

*grins*  Simple huh?!?  Go ahead and post more than one song if you want, just make sure to say what your favorite is to be sure it is on the CD!  The deadline will be December 1st!!!

It's up to you guys now!  And to simplify here is my MSN:

lmjackson@cox.net(this is also a defunct email address!!  DO NOT USE AS EMAIL!)

*goes off humming Sisters!  Sisters!  There were never such devoted Sisters....*

*smirks* "Never had to have a chaperone, no sir..."

I have an awesome version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" from a Swing tape I bought a long time ago. I'm going to try to get it in mp3 on my desktop for us. You'll love it, for sure, Twinny!

Ohhh wow.  Ummmh favorite huh?  Let's see. 

I guess mine would be [glow=green,2,300]Santa Baby[/glow].  I would probably have kittens if someone could find the Betty Boop version, but Eartha Kitt does nearly as well. 

I guess a second song would be my wife's fav, [glow=red,2,300]I Want a Hippopotamus For Christmas[/glow]. 

YIPPEE!!

Lor I have a Christmas Swing CD i love!!  LOL It's my favorite housecleaning CD during the holidays!!

Sam do you have a recording of either of those?  you too Kelly?  if you do I can get them from you on msn sometime..although i'm sure I have elvis's blue christmas on cd..and the hippopatomous song....

Definitely "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" by Sixpence None the Richer, "Little Drummer Boy" by Bing Crosby and David Bowie, "The First Noel" by Nat King Cole, "Carol of the Bells" Original and Transiberian Orchestra versions and "Sleigh Bells" by Johnny Mathis.

I love Christmas music.

I'm sorry Twin, I lost all my music files when I had to switch computers.  :(  I hope you have it though!  I'd love to get it on this CD.  ;)  I'm really looking forward to hearing Min's selections too, I love those songs!!  :D

I love this CD, its one of my favorite gifts for Christmas!

• 2 weeks later...

*pulls a Lor and bumps the thread with her hip!*

Hey I know y'all are noisier than this!!  *grins*  and kelly i'm sure we can get those songs!  Min?  Who is Min?

Ok I went back and looked at the old CD thread from last year...where by the way, a lot more of you had Carol and Song Ideas...*arches eyebrow and pokes everyone with her shiny red needle*

anyway just as a refresher for the oldies...the first CD had the songs:

A Holly Jolly Christmas; Christmas Time; Deck the Halls; Sleigh Ride; Adult 12 Days of Christmas; God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen; Winter Wonderland; White Christmas; Go Tell It on the Mountain; Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy; Pavarati; Elvis; Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer; Christmas Time; The Twelve Days of Christmas; Feliz Navidad; I'll Be Home for Christmas; Christmas in Kilarney; Things I Want; Santa Baby; Clark Griswald's Christmas Wish; Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas; Winter Wonderland; and Title.

Now from last year here are some suggestions:

O come o come Immanuel by Kathy Matea....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhcLTbMQIJM

Do You hear what I hear by Destiny's Child from Danya

O little town of Bethlehem  tradtional from Tay

Thistle Hair the Christmas Bear by Alabama from Lor

I Believe in Father Christmas by Emmerson, Lake and Palmre from Ursula.....

*grins*  You see we have quite a variety of taste and selections!!  If I don't hear anymore I will try to use some from last years list since it didnt' get made..or heck found out my comp will do both sides of a CD..i think or I could do a double album it doesn't really take that much....

And Yes Lor...I will need some of your collection from over MSN....*looks at you and hugs you tight*  I hope I see you soon and you're ok!!!

So guys..let's get this place ringing with a Joyful Noise and get your favorite Holiday Music choices in!!!

Alright, third time is a charm, right?

Twinny, I’ve added some of these to our sharing folder on MSN. : )  Threw in some other stuff I knew you’d like, too. ;)

If it’ll help, here’s a list of all the Christmas CD’s I have. Stop by, peruse and pick songs that you like! It’s as simple as that!

The Ultimate Christmas Album Vol. 3

The Ultimate Christmas Album Vol. 4

The Greatest Christmas Collection

Jump Swing Christmas

It’s Christmas Time

That Christmas Swing

*hugs*  thanks sis!!  *giggles*  between you and I and my brother Mark's collection I'd be surprised to find a song we DON'T have!!

*grins*  now a...next time we get to chat a bit...we'll talk about doing this..I figured out how, but not on what!!  CD-R?  I think that's what I need...

BTW: I bought Now That's what I call Christmas 2 and 3 this weekend... I think I own every Christmas song ever created and played on the radio now. *laughs*

So, all those things I couldn't find... I think I found. Even the Chipmunks Christmas song... the original one... *smirks*

:-[  Ummm I think I meant Zarine.  :D 

I would love to see a lot of the older stuff like she suggested, Bing Crosby and all that.  I would also like to see some of the Irish folk singers... not sure of any names, but I have heard some of their carols and they're great.  ;)

I can't wait to see what you guys put together, I love this CD!! 

LOL  I have the NOW Christmas cd's too!  thanks love!

Kelly I will keep that in mind..and thanks sam!

Now folks..as per normal I am a bit behind and havn't put this together yet..so you stillhave a chance to through in your songs!!

as I work on this i'll let you know..and when i have the final thingy to burn!  *grins*

is Hawaiian for Merry Christmas by Bing!!  *grins* pretty sure I have that..and if i don't that lor does!

GOod Jade!  *winks*  get him on a festive track!

Now Sam...for those of us learning this computery type stuff...it is sort of good to use the right lingo..although thingy may not be real technical..LOL!

Archived