DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Kelleen's Arrival (Attn: MoN, Perine, Jaydena)

KellySedai

Kelleen’s journey to Tar Valon was not a long one, but there were times on her way that she thought she might not make it. She didn’t know much about the expense of things away from her home so her gold went a lot faster then she’d hoped. Sleeping at inns every night with meals added up very quickly. She found herself with only five silver marks and a few coppers in less then two weeks after she left Arafel, and she still had a week to go on her trek.

After a long day of walking, she finally came to a small village around nightfall. She walked into a nice looking inn and was stopped dead in her tracks by the site of an Ogier sitting at one of the common room tables reading a very large book. A memory of her childhood crashed back into her head so hard she could only stare ahead. A five-year-old Kelleen was walking through the town with her brother Jak. Suddenly she sees something and screams, “Jak! It’s a Trolloc!†Jak looks up and sees an Ogier walking towards them who was in town to do stonework. He quickly got down on one knee in front of her and shushed her wails by whispering, “Shh Kelleen, do not be scared. That is not a Trolloc, he is Alantin, he is Ogier. He does our town great honor by being here.†He turned around and raised his fist to his heart as the Ogier came close. “Glory to the Builders!â€, he said and the Ogier nodded back with a proud smile on his face. The Ogier came over to them and leaned over to look at Kelleen. “Why are you crying child? I would never hurt you, I am here to keep the memory alive.†Kelleen looked up and him and could not help but smile. He made her feel as safe as if he were one of her own brothers.

She came back to herself as the innkeeper spoke to her, “Would you like a room my lady?†She nodded her head in ascent and fished a silver mark out of her purse to hand to the innkeeper, never once taking her eyes off the Ogier in the corner. The innkeeper left her murmuring something about wine and bustled off to the kitchen. Kelleen made her way over to the Ogier at the table and said, “Glory to the Builders Brother Alantin, may I sit with you?†Of course this brought the Ogier’s head up right away. He gave her a weighing look and said, “Please, I would enjoy some company.†He smiled and pulled back a chair for her. “My name is Jonin, son of Jular, son of Cael.â€

After several hours of pleasant conversation about her journey from Arafel and his from the Stedding Sanshen, he asked her where she was heading all alone in these times. She told him she was on her way to Tar Valon to be tested. This brought up the heads of several of the local people in the room, who began speaking more quietly among themselves. “Have you the spark?â€, the Ogier asked. “I don’t know, I’ve never had anything unusual happen around me like that, but I’m going to try my hardest to learn. I am all that is left of my family now, and I will survive to see my father’s dream come to fruition.†A light of intensity shone in her eyes and then a slight quiver of her lips as she took a drink of her wine.

They said their goodnights a little while later and then headed into each of their rooms for the night. When Kelleen awoke the next morning she felt more refreshed the she had in quite some time and decided to head out for the road early. She went down to the common room to leave and noticed Jonin standing by the door holding a bundle of his own. “Are you leaving this morning as well Jonin?â€, she asked as she walked up to him. “Kelleen, I was wondering if you mind me joining you on your journey to Tar Valon. I have wanted to see the Grove there again, and I would like to enjoy more of your company along the way.†She was so pleased that she nearly threw her arms around him right then. Ever since she was a child, the Ogier always made her feel safe. It was almost like having her brothers around her again.

After nine more days of travel, which didn’t seem nearly as arduous as before, she was astounded to see the bone-white rod loom over the next hill. They crossed the nearest bridge into the city and she could do nothing but gape like a country girl. The buildings seemed almost alive, moving water, birds in flight, and shells from the sea loomed all around her. Nothing drew her eyes as much as the fabled White Tower though. A pinnacle of beauty, she almost thought she could her it calling her name.

They reached the gates of the Tower, and for the first time on her journey she was reluctant to go on. “What if I don’t make it Jonin? What will I do?†Jonin turned to her and said, “Oh Kelleen, you are bound for great things. I have no doubt that the next time we meet you will wear the shawl.†She did throw her arms around him then, though they only went around the bottom of his waist. He smoothed her hair back, which made her bells tinkle and said, “Now go, and fear not. We will meet again someday.†“I know we will too Jonin. Please take care of yourself on your journey.†After a last look at him as he walked on down the street, she looked back at the Tower, took a deep breath, and headed for the entrance doors.

A guard stopped her and asked her business at the White Tower, to which she replied that she would like to be tested for entrance in the Novice Book. He told her to speak to an Aes Sedai in the Tower for such a request. The entrance hall was even grander then she had imagined. The tiles on the floor were of all different colors and shined as if they were newly laid. All around her were women in different groups, some in white dresses that scurried along, others in white dresses with colored bands that seemed a bit more sure of themselves and didn’t walk quite as fast, and yet others still that wore beautiful silks and fine wools and seemed to glide around the room. She could not place an age to some of those faces, and so she headed for one of them first. Half way to a beautiful blonde woman in a gray silk dress, she was stopped by one of the banded dress girls who said, “Why do you seek audience at the White Tower?†“I am here to be tested to become a novice.†Kelleen replied. “Then you must first see the Mistress of Novices, right this way please.†The girl took her up several flights of stairs and through three hallways lined with the most amazing tapestries and vases that she had ever seen. She knew she was gaping, but she could not control herself. Stopping in front of a large wooden door at the end of yet another hall, the girl turned to her and said, “Knock lightly and she will be with you as soon as she is able.†She then turned and glided back the down the hall, not quite as gracefully as the Aes Sedai. Kelleen knew that she would pass the test, she HAD to pass, and this was only the first step into the greatest journey of her life. She steadied her feet, smoothed her dress, and knocked at the door to her destiny hoping that she was the only one who could hear her heart beating so loudly.

Whack! The sound of bells tinkled faintly, in contrast to the birch as it whistled through the air and connected with the desk with a loud thwap. The novice seated before the wooden desk jumped at the sound, her eyes wide with fear and trepidation. Faerzyne did not relish the task of punishing the wayward, despite what the girl’s believed. But it was a task she had to fulfil, nonetheless, and she always made certain to do a good job of it, lest she see the perpetrators again soon after their initial visit.

Cool hazel eyes surveyed the now quailing novice, her lower lip trembling at the thought of the irch being applied to her more tender flesh. It had been the first time Faerzyne had had the duty to deal with this girl, caught out of her room after curfew. Inclined to believe her story of simply losing track of time in the library, Faerzyne had refrained for birching the girl, or even giving her a chore. On this occasion, a sharp scare out to do the trick. Whack! the birch struck the wooden desk again, and the frightened novice shrank back further in the uncomfortable chair. “I don’t need to tell you the importance of curfew again, do I child?†She asked, a wry twist to her mouth. The girl shook her head hurriedly, and Faerzyne nodded briefly, causing the bells in her long braids to tinkle once more. “I thought not. Now off with you child. I do not want to see you in this office again, understood?†The novice, now pale with fright scrambled out of her chair, mumbling apologies and curtseying, even as she dashed to the door.

With a sigh, Faerzyne returned the birch to it’s place in her cupboard, before moving to sit behind her desk. Closing her eyes briefly, she felt a tingle as one of her wards was breached, the resulting knock causing her to open her eyes. The day was young, and already it was proving to be a testing day. “Enter.†She called, following the command with a weave of air which opened the door, much to the obvious shock of the girl who stood on the other side. Not clothed as an initiate, an outsider, or petitioner perhaps. Waving her in, Faerzyne regarded her with a smooth, though not unkind face. “My name is Faerzyne Grigory, and I am the Mistress of Novices here at the Tower. How can I help you?â€

~Faerzyne, MoN

With the sight of the obviously frightened young girl fresh in her mind, she walked hesitantly into the room. The woman behind the desk was obviously Aes Sedai, and to her surprise Arafellin. "My name is Kelleen Sudora and I would like to be tested for entry into the Tower, Aes Sedai." She curtsied as best as she knew how, bells in her braids tinkling, and studied the floor at her feet. She was not sure how to act other then the proper show of respect, and she certainly did not want to make a bad impression first thing.

Her eyes wandered around the room and she saw first a mirror on the wall, shelves with books, and personal effects that must belong to the MoN that reminded her of home. She relaxed slightly and silently awaited her answer.

Faerzyne gestured to one of the chairs in front of her desk. They were uncomfortable, but that was for a purpose. After all, those who spent too much time in them would deserve the discomfort. Those who did not were merely reminded of the fact that they should not misbehave, in order to avoid the discomfort that came with the chairs. The young woman, who had identified herself as Kelleen sat down. Faerzyne folded her hands in front of her on the desk, and studied the girl intently for a moment. Not that she could judge if the girl would be worth anything just yet, but at least she would be able to see how nervous the girl was. Those who were most nervous often were the ones who wanted it most.

“Tell me, child…†She started, deliberately using the word child. She would become accustomed to it before she was raised to Aes Sedai, and Faerzyne saw no point in shielding the girl from what would be her reality during the next twenty years of her life, if she turned out to be worthy of staying. “Have you been tested?†The girl shook her head, indicating that she had not been tested, or perhaps that she didn’t even know what the test entailed. Faerzyne smiled reassuringly at the young woman, and opened one of the drawers of her desk. There was only one item in the drawer. A gray, clear gem that she had received from the former Mistress of Novices.

Slowly she rose from her seat, and walked to the other side of the desk. Though she was by no means the tallest Aes Sedai within the White Tower, she imagined that she must come across as being a giantess to the young woman sitting in the uncomfortable chair. She knelt in front of her, trying to relax the young woman a little. The test would be hard enough as it was without Kelleen being terrified of her. “Clear your mind completely, and focus on the stone.†She said. The girl did, staring at the stone intently. Time passed, and Faerzyne worried that her arm would cramp up before the girl showed any sign of potential. Just as she thought there would be nothing, s light flickered within the stone. Faerzyne smiled, and rose again. As she walked back to her side of the desk, she imagined she felt the surprise in the eyes of the girl as they settled on her back.

“Congratulations, dear. You can learn to channel.â€

~Faerzyne, MoN

Ooc: rp your reaction to finding out you can channel.

Trying very hard not to fidget on the chair, Kelleen was held frozen by the hard stare of the woman on the other side of the desk. She was more nervous then she had ever felt in her entire life. She had to pass this test!!

"Have you been tested?" Shaking her head she began to think of all the terrible stories she had heard about the testing for Aes Sedai. She knew that most stories were just that, but it was still unsettling.

Faerzyne rose from her desk and stepped out in front of her. She knelt down in front of her with a small shiny stone in her hand. Smiling she said, "Clear your mind completely, and focus on the stone." Was this going to be the test? Surely not...but she tried, hard as that was, to clear her mind. She looked into the stone and put all her concentration into something happening.

She thought she could feel the sands in the hourglass across the room moving grain by grain. Nothing was happening! This is not the way it was supposed to be... she had to be able to channel! Sweat began popping out on her forehead, running down her back, but she could not concentrate. All she could see were the faces of her family floating in her mind. Her hand trailed to her belt pouch and she ran her fingers across the silver medallions. Her only possesions that ment anything. Suddenly, she thought she felt warm...her breath caught in her throat and she saw the MoN's eyes widen in front of her as the stone seemed to flicker with light. Kelleen's eyes felt as if they were going to pop out of her head. She had done it! Didn't she?...

"Congradulations dear. You can learn to channel."

She could feel the tears welling in her eyes. Thank the Light! Her dreams would finally come true! She pulled out one of the medallions and stared at the face of her mother. She could swear she saw it smile just slightly... Jumping up she actually cried out with glee before realised where she was and who was staring at her with quite an appraising look. "Please forgive me Aes Sedai. I have wanted this my whole life." Her braids tinkled as she tried desperately to wipe the tears from her face. She knew she was blushing furiously, but she couldn't have stopped it had she tried. She was going to be Aes Sedai!

Trying her best to straighten her skirt, she sat back into the chair and waited to see what was in store for her next. She didn't really care if they told her to build a bridge with her bare hands. She could channel! Wiping the smile off her face was another matter entirely...

Now that the girl had already been tested, it was time to make her stay at the White tower a fact. Strange enough, the testing didn’t mean that the girl looked any more secure than she had before about her stay at the White Tower. Even though she had to know, somewhere deep down inside of herself that she would be accepted within the White Tower. That she would learn to channel, to the best of her abilities. Still the girl shifted in her seat, as if she couldn’t quite believe that she would be asked to stay. Faerzyne decided to relieve her from the tension that was building. She opened the book of Novices which was still in front of her. She picked up her pen, and prepared to write. “Let’s see about making your stay here a bit more permanent then, shall we?â€

She didn’t have to look at the young woman to see that there was a change in the tension that had kept her in it’s thrall. “Can you tell me your full name again?†As the girl replied, she wrote it down in the book. Another life sealed to the Tower, for better and for worse. “And your place of birth and raising?†again she wrote, making Kelleen‘s stay more certain with every letter, every curved or straight line. “And finally your age.†She finished with a dot behind the age, which felt as heavy and important as any signature from any high lord or lady. “Welcome to the White Tower.â€

Ooc: rp your char’s reaction to being written down in the novice book.

No matter how hard she tried, Kelleen just could not keep still in her seat. I'm going to channel!! The thought just repeated over and over in her mind, and the smile on her face would not go away.

"Let's see about making your stay here a bit more permanent then, shall we?" The MoN's voice brought her abruptly back to reality. Wide-eyed, she stared at her and then the MoN said, "Can you tell me your full name again?" With all the pride she had ever felt, she held her head high and said, "Kelleen Sudora." "And your place of birth and raising?" Kelleen replied, "Arafel, Aes Sedai." Braids tinkling as she began slightly shaking again. This is really happening... its really happening!

"And finally your age." "The Feast of Lights will be my 18 naming day, Aes Sedai. Seventeen now." Kelleen replied. Kristen looked up at her with what she thought was a small smile and said, "Welcome to the White Tower." She arose from her seat and walked in front of her, and despite all her best efforts, Kelleen jumped from her chair and embraced her. "Thank you Aes Sedai, thank you... thank you... thank you..." Tears were welling in her eyes again, she had never been so elated in her entire life.

Finally the book was closed again. Faerzyne took a moment to write down the name of the girl’s mentor on a piece of parchment, as well as a summons. The mentor she had selected would be with them soon enough. After she handed the note to a servant that passed in the hallway joined with her office, she returned to the new Novice. Somewhat surprised, she lightly returned the girl's overwhelming embrace, patting her back with a small smile. "Now now child, no need to thank me. I make no difference as to whether or not you can channel."

With a smile she carefully detangled herself and walked over to one of the many cabinets. She pulled two novice dresses from the cabinet, and handed them to the girl. “These are yours to wear during the years you are a novice. You must tend to them well, mend them when they’re torn, wash them when they’re dirty. For the next years, you will not be allowed to wear anything apart from these dresses.â€

She settled behind her desk again, telling the young woman in front of her a little about the rules novices lived by. She went from the curfew to the restriction on venturing into Tar Valon, to the repercussions that would follow if she chose to venture into the yards without a good reason. “But you look like a sensible young woman, so I’m sure I won’t see too much of you here.†A knock on her door told her that the mentor of the girl had arrived. “Enter.†The mentor revealed herself to Faerzyne and Kelleen. “I trust that you’ll tell her all she needs to know.†Faerzyne said. Her tone was dismissive. She glanced at the sun, and notice that it had shifted slightly. A while had passed since the young woman had entered her office. A while, but there was still a lot of time left. As the new mentor and mentee pair left her office she sighed, wondering if this day would end any time soon.

~Faerzyne, MoN

• 2 weeks later...

ooc. Sooo sorry I have not posted to this earlier. I was sure I had...

ic.Perine was sitting in her rooms simply staring out the window when a knock on her door brought her back to herself. She stared at the door a while trying to decide if she had heard things. The knock had been very silent. Finally sh ebid the person inside and the door soon opened with a servant outside holding a letter. She quickly handed it to Perine who thanked her lazily and opened it. The MoN had sent her a note to bid her to her rooms. The red Sister quickly came to her senses again and brushed the wrinkles straighter on her red satin dress. She took a glance at the mirror to see that her black hair had escaped from the top. She quickly smoothed the messy strangs and rushed out the door. She did not want to keep the MoN waiting.

Her soft shoes made a swishing noice on the stone floors. She was still wearing her morning slippers, as she had not yet left her rooms. Well nothing to be done about it now. She would rather arrive a bit untidy than really late. Perine had always disliked being late. From herself as others also. The dress would cover her inproper shoes as the hem was long, made to be worn with her heeled boots. Perine knocked on Faerzyne's door and waited for the Aes Sedai to bid her in. She did not have to wait long. The MoN bid her to enter and Perine did greeting both the Aes Sedai and the girl sitting quietly on the chair. The Mistress of Novices was a busy woman and dismissed the two almost immediately. Perine gestured to the girl to follow her out of the chaimber.

"I'm Perine Caral of the Red Ajah." she introduced herself to the Novice. "You must be Kelleen." she added as the note she had received had already stated the girls name. Perine walked swiftly tto the Novice Quarters, so tha the new novice could leave her bags inside there before being given a tour of the Tower. The red knocked on the door they had stopped at and as no answer came opened it. "This will be your room for the next few years. All the rooms in this are hold novices like yourselves. The Accepeted rooms are not in this corridor. You will share your room with one or two other girls." Perine said and nodded at the two wmpty beds in the room. "Now, would you like something to eat before I take you around the Tower?" She asked the girl with a warm smile on her face.

Kelleen looked into the room and barely held back a grimace. Those had to be the smallest beds she had ever seen and she had had 7 brothers to share with. Well, what must be tolerated would be tolerated to reach her goal.

"Now, would you like something to eat before I take you around the Tower?" Kelleen dropped a curtsy and said, "No thank you Perine Sedai, I'm not hungry." To be perfectly honest, she could not have eaten a single bite. She had never been so nervous in her entire life. She knew very little about what each Ajah meant yet, but she had heard some stories about the Red...none of them good. She was not very sure about this woman as her mentor.

"Now I'm sure that Faerzyne Sedai has given you your new Novice dresses. Go ahead and change before we get started." Perine said. Kelleen picked up the small parcel beside her and went into the room with Perine on her heels. She took off her dress, shoes, and jewelry and had slipped her Novice white dress over her head when a sudden though occured to her. Will they let me keep my medallions? Surely they would not deny her keeping her last earthly possesions... "Perine Sedai? I know that Novices are not allowed many possesions... but I have some medallions that are very dear to me and I cannot be seperated from them. Could I please be allowed to keep them?" Her breath caught while Perine seemed to weigh the request... They cannot make me get rid of them. They cannot! Its all I have left of them...

• 2 weeks later...

Kelleen changed into her novice whites. Perine politely turned to face the other wall. She did not need to make the new novice feel uncofortable. Or more uncomfortable than she already was surely. She only turned when Kelleen voiced the question in her mind. Perine waited a while and looked at the bundle on the bed.

"It is customary that Novices not keep things from their past." she said and saw the look of horror on her mentees face. "But I will let you hold on to them, only." she added. "only if you do not hold on to them outside this room. It is important that every Novice starts from the same lever, be they Noble or a beggar." She said hoping that Kelleen would understand her.

"Most everyone has something hidden in their boxes. Just keep them there and no-one will force you to part with them." The girls belongings seemed to matter a whole lot more to her than anything any of her earlier mentees had brought with them to the Tower. She sensed that there was sorrow in her past. Something she obviously still wanted hidden. Something she would have to deal with sooner or later. Perine had herself been forced to deal with her past many times in her years at the Tower. Kelleen would face her past, one day.

"Are you ready to take a tour of the tower? See the library and the training grounds for Warders?" she asked. Usually the last remark got a eager response from novices and Perine was anxious to see if Kelleen would be more interested in the handsome Warders or the lessons given here.

ooc. So sorry it took me this long to post. RL has not been too nice for me lately.

ooc: That's okay hon, I understand. :D Hope everything is okay with you soon. *hugs*

Kelleen let out a breath that she hadn't realised she was holding. Thank the Light!

"Yes, I'm ready Aes Sedai." Kelleen said. The Warder's training ground did sound quite interesting. She was very appreciative of handsome men after all, but that was not her primary concern on this day by far. She really wanted to see the facilities for learning here. Libraries were one of her biggest passions. Her father had had a rather large collection of books, and she always looked forward to the peddlers who would bring more for her to read about the world outside Arafel.

From everything she had seen and heard so far, this was going to be something she would never forget...

• 3 weeks later...

At her metee's words Perine set out out of the Novice quarters witl Kelleen on her heels. She took the girls first through the Kitchens, introducing Mistress Laras, the large woman who kept her stern watch over the Towers Kitchens. A few novices were desperately trying to scrub greasy pots clean their dresses almost ruined already.

She followed the large corridor outside where weapons could be heard to be clanging together. "You are not allowed in the Warder's Yards unless accompanied by a Sister or on a chore for one. The Mistress of Novices usually finds those who break this particular rule with ease." Perine mentioned and let the Tower Guards to keep at their practise in private. They did not need audience though it was something that could not be avoided. Some women thought that wathing men sweat in the sun was the best entertainment. Perine was happy that so far, she herself had never seen the fun in it.

After the Yards, Perine took Kelleen trough the various halls and corridors to the Library. The large door opened with ease and a vision of books among books engulfed the two. Perine smiled, this had been her favourite sight at the Tower upon arriving so many years ago. Perine pointed the Brown sisters in charge of the library to Kelleen before quietly leading her to the Novice entrance and explaining that she was not to use the main entrance.

The journey then took forth to a much different corridor. A much darker one at that. Crimsom drapes and tapestries hung over the walls. The torches gave and eery light to the wall and the paintings of men in cages and women on the battlefield left no question as to what Ajah quarters they had arrived in. Perine opened a door closer to the middle of the corridor and bid Kelleen enter. Her own rooms.

The room had no real sitting area, only a pile of large cushions in one part of the room next to a large table covered in papers. A door led to the bedchamber away from the working area. The coloring of the room was mostly in red with spashes of other colors here and there. Perine took a seat on the cushions and offered Kelleen some tea.

"Now tell me Child, how do you like the tower now?" she asked and sipped her tea. Anf before Kelleen managed to answer she continued. "Are you tired Kelleen? If you are we can chat another time and you can retire to your room. You will have a busy day tomorrow for sure." she added hastily and examined the girl's face for signs of fatigue.

• 3 weeks later...

Kelleen's head was definitely swimming after that tour of the Tower. The Library alone was enough to make her gape like a country girl.

Something at the practice yard caught her attention though, and even though she might get in trouble, she wanted to investigate it a bit further.

"Perine Sedai? I was wondering if we could go back to the Practice Yard for a moment. I saw an Aes Sedai there, and it looked like she was practicing the sword. I would really like to meet her if that's allowed." Kelleen said. She suddenly had a vivid flash of her practicing the sword in secret from her brothers. She had always loved the art of the sword, and if Aes Sedai could learn it too then she may be even happier in her future her then she thought possible.

• 2 weeks later...

ooc. I'm so sorry for taking this long. RL has not been kind to me.

ic. "Perine Sedai? I was wondering if we could go back to the Practice Yard for a moment."Kelleen said after they had had some tea. Perine looked to her mentee and nodded slowly sipping a few more mouthfuls of tea before answering.

"Of course Child. You are allowed to meet her if the Aes Sedai in question will permit a disturbance to her training." she said and stood from the cushion and lead the way back out of the Red quarters and towards the Practice Yards. She was sure Kelleen would not be able to find her way there yet. When they reached the Yards, only one Aes Sedai was practicing with the sword and Perine supposed Kelleen had meeant that specific woman. The Red smiled at her mentee.

"That is Jaydena Sedai." She mentioned to Kelleen. "She was once my Mentor when I arrived to the Tower many years since." Perine added and walked briskly to the edge of the grounds. "Jaydena, may I intrude for a moment." She called out to the woman who had not yet noticed that she had an audience. When the Green stopped Perine gave a warm smile to her. "There is someone here who would like to meet you." she continued.

"This is Kelleen Sudora, from Arafel. She is my most recent mentee and she specifically wished to meet with you." Perine introduced the girl and then stepped a bit to the side so the girl could speak with the Sister of the Green.

• 2 weeks later...

Jaydena eyed her opponent and winked, her warder was quick on her feet and never spared her pain, despite the fact that she would feel it as well. Holding up her hand she called for a moment, she walked over and picked up her canteen, sipping water from it as she was fairly hot she smoothed a hand over her black pants. Today she wore a green vest with a mint green shirt under it, black pants, and green knee high boots. Her long auburn hair was pinned upon her head and a pale green mask covered the left side of her face. She had been badly burned by an angreal and the wound was never able to heal. Around her waist she wore a sword belt contained to short staves, black with green dragons twining up them. Smiling at her gaidin she motioned that they should continue and pulled the staffs from their sheaths. Getting into a defensive stance she moved in a circle and for several minutes they deflected each others attacks. She was suprised when she heard a familiar voice speak behind her, "Jaydena, may I intrude for a moment. There is someone here who would like to meet you."

Jaydena turned and smiled at her mentee of so long ago, this woman was now fairly high ranked within the Red Ajah, sadly she was the only mentee Jade had ever had that didn't go Green. Walking forward she nodded at the young woman who stood next to Perine Sedai. The woman had light brown eyes which seemed to glow with inner intellegence, the girl didn't seem to be repulsed by the mask and even smiled at her. The girls hair was black as night, worked into tiny braids with bells at the ends. She was slightly plump but Jade had often been called plump with her hour glass figure so the girl matched her in body type. Jade also noticed a scar like her own across the girls neck, her own scar came from a accident involving a rake and her little brother. "This is Kelleen Sudora, from Arafel. She is my most recent mentee and she specifically wished to meet with you." Jade smiled, her face transforming from a thing of nightmares. "Hello there my child, I am so glad to meet one of my own mentees charges. Though it has been some time since Perine Sedai was my mentee." Laughing softly she continued, "What can I help you with Kelleen?"

Jaydena Sedai

CG

Kelleen watched in awe as they walked up to the couple dueling in the yard. They were both women to begin with, and they were both wearing pants like men! She was amazed at how fluent they were with their weapons. She could tell that they were probably blademasters which was unheard of for women, but she might just be exagerating due to her excitement.

Perine walked up to them, seemingly without any fear, and said "Jaydena, may I intrude for a moment. There is someone here who would like to meet you."

The woman that she had noticed most before turned around, completely at ease, and walked towards them. Kelleen was shocked to see a mask covering half of her face, but she had seen worse in the past. Usually it meant that that someone had earned it in a great battle, so Kelleen's respect for her rose instantly. Kelleen could also tell that she was Green Ajah from the predominant green colors in her clothing, and that made her respect rise as well because she thought that she might want to join the Green. The dragons around the short swords at her waist were quite uncommon, but beautiful, and Kelleen thought that she had an instant liking of this woman. She smiled, and Jaydena smiled back after Perine told her Kelleen's name and origin, her lips curving under the mask.

"Hello there my child, I am so glad to meet one of my own mentees charges. Though it has been some time since Perine Sedai was my mentee." Laughing softly she continued, "What can I help you with Kelleen?"

Kelleen was taken aback by how soft and pretty her voice was, almost musical. She had not expected that from such a tough looking woman. She shifted her feet, suddenly worried that she had bothered her, and said while staring at her feet, "I'm sorry to have bothered you Jaydena Sedai, but I was curious as to how you were trained in the sword forms. I have learned a few of them, and you are obviously greatly skilled. I was wondering if it would be possible to...learn from you?.... If you have the time that is...I wouldn't want to intrude..." She realised that she was stammering and blushing and kept staring at the ground. Nothing would make her happier then to be a blademaster someday, but she wanted to learn it all. The One Power, the sword, charm and grace, politics, history...she wanted to be the stuff of stories, and she had heard that the Green would let her achieve that goal. They would also lead her to battle against Shadowspawn to avenge her family, another of her life's goals. The thought of her family made her remember why she was here to begin with, and with almost a hint of defiance she raised her head and stared into Jaydena's eyes, daring her to refuse her. She would learn it all...one way or another.

Jaydena switched quickly from foot to foot, keeping herself warmed up as she waited for the novice to speak. It was hard enough beating her gaidin but if she let her body tighten up she would never beat her.

"I'm sorry to have bothered you Jaydena Sedai, but I was curious as to how you were trained in the sword forms. I have learned a few of them, and you are obviously greatly skilled. I was wondering if it would be possible to...learn from you?.... If you have the time that is...I wouldn't want to intrude..." The girl stared at her feet as she spoke and Jaydena wondered how someone has shy as this has gotten the courage to approach someone with weapons in her hand. Suddenly as the girl spoke the last line she looked up fiercly and stared her in the face with her chin lifted. Jade arched her eyebrows and though, So she does have some temper in her after all, it will serve her well in the coming years.

Smiling at her she spoke, "Well Kelleen, as a novice you are not allowed to work with the swords or to learn anything about defense. Your time is spent in learning to weild the one power and to scrub pots." She chuckled and then continued, "When you become an Accepted you will be able to learn sword forms, choose a weapon, work with the gaidin on defense. Usually only those Accepted who want to join the Green Ajah take this course but I have seen others who wanted to be able to defend themselves in case of the lose of the power, take these classes. When you reach Accepted I would be more than willing to help you this training you seem to so long for. So how did you come to be at the Tower my child?" Smiling softly she waited for the new novice to reply...

Jaydena Sedai

Head Green

"Well Kelleen, as a novice you are not allowed to work with the swords or to learn anything about defense. Your time is spent in learning to weild the one power and to scrub pots." She chuckled and then continued, "When you become an Accepted you will be able to learn sword forms, choose a weapon, work with the gaidin on defense. Usually only those Accepted who want to join the Green Ajah take this course but I have seen others who wanted to be able to defend themselves in case of the lose of the power, take these classes. When you reach Accepted I would be more than willing to help you this training you seem to so long for.

Kelleen was disappointed, but not entirely surprised. She really had only hoped that she could begin lessons soon, but she was willing to wait. She was going to reach Accepted soon anyways, she was determined.

"So how did you come to be at the Tower my child?" Kelleen suddenly felt very emotional, thinking about her family. She hadn't really thought of them with all the excitement the past day. They were always in her mind though, always her driving passion to avenge them in the only way she knew how. "I am the last of my family Jaydena Sedai, and I want to make them proud. I want to destroy the cursed Shadowspawn that took them from me if its the last thing I ever do." Kelleen knew there was a fever in her eyes because she could feel it in her heart. She wanted what Jaydena Sedai had, she wanted power. Skill with a sword, skill with the Source, she would be the best because she had to be to fulfill her vow.

"I don't care how long I have to wait, I want to train with you." Realising how demanding that sounded, she quickly dropped into a curtsy. "If you will allow me to that is, Aes Sedai." Kelleen could only hope that she had not just ruined it all with her cursed temper...

She waited quietly for the girl to answer, emotions flashed across her face and Jade knew that something horrible had happened to her family. When Kelleen had reached Aes Sedai, she would have learned to mask her emotions and show nothing on her face unless she wanted to. Right now however, her face was a open book that Jade could read. "I am the last of my family Jaydena Sedai, and I want to make them proud. I want to destroy the cursed Shadowspawn that took them from me if its the last thing I ever do." Jaydena nodded to answer and wished that she was a hugging person still.

"I don't care how long I have to wait, I want to train with you." Jade raised her eyebrows at the demand and the novice, wquickly dropped into a deep curtsy. "If you will allow me to that is, Aes Sedai." Jade nodded slowly and regarded the girl for a moment before speaking, "Kelleen when the time comes I will be happy to train you in anything you need. For now focus on your studies, your chores, and advancement, if you work hard and don't spend all your time dreaming about gaidin and puling pranks, you will get far." She smiled and laid a hand on the girls arm, "Good luck my child, remember that you can always go to your mentor and if you want to you can come to your grandmentor for help." She turned away and smiled at her gaidin..

Jaydena Sedai

ooc- Not sure how to go about this but here we go!

Just as Jaydena was about to turn back her sword right a red sister came running up and skidded to a halt beside them. Jade saw a shield flair up in front of them and she motioned for the novices to come to her. "See the weaves, Someday you will be able to do a ward against listening with just that kind of ease." She smiled as she watched Kelleen watching in wonder as the two Aes Sedai talked with no sound coming from them, Jade spoke quietly to her and showed her how to hold a sword and talked about being an Aes Sedai as she waited for Perine to give her mintee some attention. Before long the weave faded and Perine stepped forward. "I am afraid there is an emergency Jaydena and I must leave the Tower for some time. I have no idea how long I will be gone or if I will return. Since I won't able to mentor Kelleen, will you become her mentor?"

Jaydena thought about it for a few minutes and hoped that whatever was taking her mintee from the Tower wouldn't kill her. She nodded and spoke, "Good luck Perine Sedai, I hope the mission goes well. I will take your mintee and treat her as my own." Perine nodded and replied, "I will speak to the Mistress of Novices myself and let her know that you will be taking Kelleen on since I cannot do so myself. Good bye Jaydena." Jade nodded and turned to her gaidin, "I must show this young lady around the Tower Raisa, I will see you at dinner." She handed the lathe to her gaidin and walked back to her new mintee. "Well my child this is quite unexpected. Have you see the Tower yet or the gardens?" She walked forward as she waited for the novice to answer...

Jaydena Sedai

Head Green

Kelleen couldn't really listen any longer. After Jaydena actually said yes all she could do was imagine herself doing the sword forms. It had been her dream since she was a little girl, and it was finally going to come true!

Suddenly another Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah came up very quickly to Perine and a shield sprang up around them. Jaydena said, "See the weaves, Someday you will be able to do a ward against listening with just that kind of ease." Kelleen could only stare in wonder... and in curiousity. What could be so important?? Kelleen remembered to curtsy and was sneaking quiet glances through her braids at the two Aes Sedai. Suddenly Perine had a look of worry come across her face, and Jaydena's eyebrows actually rose up a fraction as if in shock over seeing such an emotional response from her former mentee. Perine walked back to them and said, "I am afraid there is an emergency Jaydena and I must leave the Tower for some time. I have no idea how long I will be gone or if I will return. Since I won't able to mentor Kelleen, will you become her mentor?"

Jaydena thought about it a moment, nodded and said, "Good luck Perine Sedai, I hope the mission goes well. I will take your mintee and treat her as my own." "Well my child this is quite unexpected. Have you seen the Tower yet or the gardens?" Kelleen couldn't speak for a moment. She didn't know Perine very well yet, but she had seemed nice and even caring during some of their lessons. She hoped that she her again one day.

As Jaydena's words sank into Kelleen's mind she thought she might burst from excitement. I know she'll teach me the forms early now, but at the least I'll be able to watch her do them all the time! Jaydena's eyes seemed to be weighing her up from head to toe. Even more so then before, but she didn't really know Kelleen yet either.

Kelleen knew that she wanted to be Green Ajah and now the Light had given her a teacher to become just that. Maybe some good fortune was shining on her after all...

"Yes Jaydena Sedai, I have seen most of the Tower today, but I would be more then happy to see anything else you would like to show me. I'm very excited about getting to know my home better."

Her new mintee was quick to respond, "Yes Jaydena Sedai, I have seen most of the Tower today, but I would be more then happy to see anything else you would like to show me. I'm very excited about getting to know my home better." Jade nodded and then began walking as she spoke, "I am not sure what Perine Sedai told you so I will say things you must know. You may not at any time enter the Warders Yard without an Aes Sedai, you may not enter the city of Tar Valon without an Aes Sedai. You will be expected to be on time to your classes and to all meetings. Your novice whites must be in prestine condition or you will be in trouble with the Mistress of Novices." She smiled and then continued, "I think that's enough rules for now, let me find an Accepted and then we will head up to my quarters so I can get to know you better."

Jaydena motioned to an Accepted as they entered the main hall and asked her for some tea sent to her room. Turning back to Kelleen, she spoke, "Well you know my name and that I am a Green Sister. I was born in Andor right outside the capital city. My parents were farmers and I had a younger brother and a younger sister, they are all gone now and so are their children. My parents had the dream of owning their own pottery business but neither had the talent for such a thing. I was born with an artists heart and so I made their molds and casts for their pottery, in fact I still do. Thought the business is owned by their great grandchildren. I came to the Tower and became a novice, making my way up the ranks to Aes Sedai. Eventually I became a Sitter for my ajah and remain so to this day." She opened her door, a thick door with a sword worked into the wood. Her room was colorful and lovely. She smiled and motioned for her new mintee to take a seat. "So tell me about yourself my child."

Jaydena Sedai

"So tell me about yourself my child."

Kelleen wasn't real sure where to start...she also wasn't very sure how much she wanted to tell her new Mentor. It was very hard to think about her family.

She followed Jade to her apartments and, after Jade motioned for her to sit, sat on one of the carpets near the chair Jade was sitting in. The Accepted Jade had spoken to came with the tea after just a moment, so Kelleen got up to pour for them. "You're going to have to have more trust in me Kelleen. I am your Mentor now. I'm here to help you become an Aes Sedai, and to do that you have to be comfortable with your past as well as your future." Jade said after Kelleen handed her a cup of tea.

Kelleen resumed her seat with a cup of tea for herself, but she sat it on the floor in front of her instead of drinking any. She took a deep breath, looked Jade in the eyes, and began. "I have had a very troubled life up until now Jade Sedai. My father was a fur trader in Arafel, and we had a pretty prosperous estate because of him. I lost my mother when I was eleven...it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with." Kelleen realised her hand had drifted into her belt pouch and she was running her fingers across the medallions inside... feeling the faces of her loved ones. "My father died shortly after, he just couldn't live without her. I lost 6 of my brothers early on when I was young, so I was raised primarily by my youngest brother Jurin. He did the best he could with the situation we were left with. Most of the town's people believed our family was cursed because of all the deaths. They left us alone for the most part. I spent most of my time reading and watching the local guards and soldiers doing sword forms. Jurin didn't know it, but I was practicing those forms in secret. The guards thought it was ridiculous, but they left me alone and let me try. I suppose they thought it was funny that a girl would try to fight with a sword. You see, most of my brothers were killed by Trollocs and other shadowspawn... I was determined to never let that happen to me." Kelleen sighed, she could feel the tears welling up in her eyes. "Jurin died about 8 months ago... killed by Trollocs in a raid on our town. I was left completely alone, and soon I lost our home, our belongings, everything...." The tears spilled down her face, but she was not ashamed of them. They were warranted. "I'd read about Aes Sedai in several books, and there were local women who talked about the wonders of Tar Valon. I decided that since I had no where else to go, I might as well come here. If I was ever to have real power, the power to destroy the shadowspawn who destroyed my family, I'd have to learn from Aes Sedai."

Kelleen lifted her tear-streaked face and looked at Jade Sedai. She thought that she almost saw a look of sadness on her face before it became cool and collected again. "I won't stop training until I have that power Jade Sedai. I don't care how long it takes... I MUST avenge my family." Kelleen pulled the medallions out of her pouch and laid them down in front of her on the carpet. "My family meant more to me then my own life. Now this is all I have left of them...my memory of their faces, and the memory of their love."