DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Predictions for "The End"

fader6818

Guest Majsju

The Wheel has seven spokes, so even if the ability to channel slowly disappeared during the 4th Age, there would still be a long time between the loss and the rediscovery. Nearly 4 full Ages, if the ability disappears at the end of the 4th Age, and is rediscovered at the end of the 1st Age.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RJ has said that there are ages where no channeling exists, but I am skeptical that it will not be discovered or used for 4 ages.

There is plenty of time for channeling to disappear after the Fourth Age, but I don't think it is happening anytime soon.

We know that channelers can live 800 years with the power (in the AoL)...well, if only 100 Asha'man live anywhere close to that long, the Power will not fade.

The AoL lasted about 3,000 years, so if we use that as an average length of a turning, then 1/4 of the Fourth Age will have channelers using their abilities.

I believe that the Power won't simply disappear. I think that if anything of the sort happens, then after the Last Battle, people who can channel stop being born. BUT, 4 ages still gives us plenty of time to come to our point in time. There is enough space in between for a Breaking again, though that won't happen.

RJ has said that there are ages where no channeling exists' date=' but I am skeptical that it will not be discovered or used for 4 ages.

There is plenty of time for channeling to disappear after the Fourth Age, but I don't think it is happening anytime soon.

We know that channelers can live 800 years with the power (in the AoL)...well, if only 100 Asha'man live anywhere close to that long, the Power will not fade.

The AoL lasted about 3,000 years, so if we use that as an average length of a turning, then 1/4 of the Fourth Age will have channelers using their abilities.

I believe that the Power won't simply disappear. I think that if anything of the sort happens, then after the Last Battle, people who can channel stop being born. BUT, 4 ages still gives us plenty of time to come to our point in time. There is enough space in between for a Breaking again, though that won't happen.[/quote']

Nowhere was it said that the AoL was only 3000 years. The current age has lasted around 3000, but this does not mean that that is a set number. for all we know there could be ages that last millions of years.

Ok I know this is pure speculation ...never posted on a WOT forum before so here goes :

Moridin is really Padan Fain. When Mordeth and Padan Fain merged they were able to be manipulated by the Dark One to a new degree. Personally I believe after torturing mydrall though "Fain" learned some secrets. He now understands the link between the DO and darkfriends, and other creatures of the dark one, and how it works. How to touch the TP. Remember at one point Rand is able to see this actual link to the DarkONe and cut it. Mordeth may have understood about this subject as well.

My wild guess is that "Fain" is pretending to be a Forsaken, and is really trying to destroy the Wheel of Time!

In KOD one of the forsaken is convinced Moridin is really Ishmael, but that may be because Mordeth's memories allow "moridin" to know things he shouldn't. Or perhaps the DO tried to put Ishmael into Fain\Mordeth's body after Rand killed him, and it didn't work out as intended.

SO the end game will be forces of the light (Rand), vs forces of the Dark (Shadar Haran\DO), vs forces of complete destruction

(Mordeth\Fain\Moridin)

Ok shoot me down!

Ok I know this is pure speculation ...never posted on a WOT forum before so here goes :

Moridin is really Padan Fain. When Mordeth and Padan Fain merged they were able to be manipulated by the Dark One to a new degree. Personally I believe after torturing mydrall though "Fain" learned some secrets. He now understands the link between the DO and darkfriends' date=' and other creatures of the dark one, and how it works. How to touch the TP. Remember at one point Rand is able to see this actual link to the DarkONe and cut it. Mordeth may have understood about this subject as well.

My wild guess is that "Fain" is pretending to be a Forsaken, and is really trying to destroy the Wheel of Time!

In KOD one of the forsaken is convinced Moridin is really Ishmael, but that may be because Mordeth's memories allow "moridin" to know things he shouldn't. Or perhaps the DO tried to put Ishmael into Fain\Mordeth's body after Rand killed him, and it didn't work out as intended.

SO the end game will be forces of the light (Rand), vs forces of the Dark (Shadar Haran\DO), vs forces of complete destruction

(Mordeth\Fain\Moridin)

Ok shoot me down![/quote']

Moridin thinks about thinks (the game with the fisher in particular) from the AoL with firsthand experiance. Fain and Morideth are both from the current age.

The link Rand cuts is not the access to the True Power, but the connection the Males have with the DO that alows them to channel untainted Saidin.

• Community Administrator

Moridin is really Padan Fain. When Mordeth and Padan Fain merged they were able to be manipulated by the Dark One to a new degree. Personally I believe after torturing mydrall though "Fain" learned some secrets. He now understands the link between the DO and darkfriends' date=' and other creatures of the dark one, and how it works. How to touch the TP. Remember at one point Rand is able to see this actual link to the DarkONe and cut it. Mordeth may have understood about this subject as well.

(Mordeth\Fain\Moridin)

Ok shoot me down![/quote']

Umm, at the end of the crown of swords, it was morridin who saved Rand when he was fighting samuel. Had that actually BEEN Fain, whom Rand litterally met 4 days prior, Rand would have kill him moments after seeing him.. Also you can't say it was mordeth's body, because he doesnt realy have one.. Mordeth's "soul" merged with fains.. Same body, 2, scitzo souls merged into one demented being of pure psycho evilness.

RJ has said that there are ages where no channeling exists' date=' but I am skeptical that it will not be discovered or used for 4 ages.

[b']The AoL lasted about 3,000 years[/b], so if we use that as an average length of a turning, then 1/4 of the Fourth Age will have channelers using their abilities.

I believe that the Power won't simply disappear. I think that if anything of the sort happens, then after the Last Battle, people who can channel stop being born. BUT, 4 ages still gives us plenty of time to come to our point in time. There is enough space in between for a Breaking again, though that won't happen.

Where is that from, I thought the AoL was much longer, that would be like 4 AS life times. Current age is 3,000 years, and I believe that we can safely say that it is coming to a close. Ours (which is supposed to be the first is 6,000 years at present. I always thought that the AoL was 10,000+ years.

You thoroughly discount it? That the man who looks like Moridin, uses the True Power, displayed knowledge of Sammaels state of mind, and has since been thought on by both rand and LTT as a seperate entity is in fact not Moridin, but is magically LTT who somehow got himself a body just long enough to make a guest appearence in Shadar Logoth? Well ok... if you say its so...

Guest Majsju
the dude rand met at the end of crown of swords was LTT' date=' not mordin. i don't know where that idea came from, but i thouroughly discount it.[/quote']

I suggest you read KOD...

I also must say it's definately NOT lews, especially since he wanted to kill rand later, and lews would have just killed himself... plus lews won't use balefire because of the dangers faced in the AOL. and lews using the true source? Yah right.

WHO IN THE FREAKING HELL SAYS IT'S THE TRUE SOURCE????

All we know is that it's undetectable to Rand. That may, may, may, MAY, MAY, MAY mean it's True Power, but it could be something entirely different instead. ( HINT: remember all of those folks who seem to thing the creator is speaking to Rand in The Eye of the World? )

You guys all just LOVE to jump to conclusions just like the characters in the books, doncha?

In what way is the incident in the Eye of the World relevent?

That the power used by the wanderer was in fact the True Power is pretty much a given now. Aside from the fact that Rand thinks so, there is not even the slightest hint of another channelable power source that humans can use.

If thats the connection you were making to the eye of the world with the caps, then it is a flawd analogy since there is reasonable doubt about the fact that the Dark One is the only one who talks in caps because we know that there is another being thats been set up a comprable to the Dark One (i.e. the Creator) therefore suppostating that the Creator has similar mannirisms to the Dark One is a deductively valid argument (note: valid in the philosophical sense i.e. that the argument doesnt try to say white is black, or something, not that the argument is right)

In this case it is not deductively valid to suggest that there exists a third power source that has the same characteristics as the True Power in the absolute absense of such evidence. It is like saying we know there is air, and that it can sustain our lives and move the trees, but we'll ignore that in favour of an explanation that has no empirical evidence. It is much more likely that it is air, and its a reasoned assumption to act upon this.

Final note: if you were suggesting that it was the one power, this too is wrong, because even inverted the power channeled is detectable.

In the end it all comes down to mat, as said when he's told to marry the daughter of the nine moons, to live and die again, and i don't know the right traslation in english but i'll try to translate as good as i can, "to give up half the light in the world to save it", which means in my eyes that mat will be faced with a hard choice

has anybody remembered that rand still has his statue access key to the biggest s'angreal ever. maybe he uses this to seal the bore completly but burns himself out/kills himself in the process. in a link with seanchan woman - hence her helping him die. then he's resusitated by nynaeve or something.

also isn't there supposed to be another s'angreal that rand can use - lanfear said there was only two greater than callandor that a man can use (or am i thinking of the two choedan'kal?)

One Power is neutral. It powers the Wheel. It's available to anyone. Light, Dark or purple pea green.

True Power flows directly from the DO. It is available only to special adherents of the Dark. It is undetectable.

If you're going to postulate that the Creator is taking some part in things, then it's equally valid to postulate a third form of Power, flowing directly from the Creator, that is only available to special adherents of the Light; also undetectable.

Archived