DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

LTTs Sword

SqueeEGA

LTT was a swordsman, and i feel it safe to assume that the sword he used was power wrought.  ive been wondering this for a while.  Could Tam's sword have been LTT's?  I think that would be an interesting twist.  Either that or Lamons sword.  Its power wrought right?  When Lan was telling Rand about the sword at the beginning of book 2 "that sword could tell the tale of 3000 years or more."  i doubt this will be answered either way, but I find it interesting speculation.

Maybe Lamans was Lews Therins, but then of course that means Rands isnt Lews Therins...

If Laman's sword was Lews Therin's sword, then Rand's current sword (the blade of it) is Lews Therin's.  That would mean that Tam's sword, Rand's old sword, was not Lews Therin's.

If Laman's sword was Lews Therin's sword, then Rand's current sword (the blade of it) is Lews Therin's.  That would mean that Tam's sword, Rand's old sword, was not Lews Therin's.
Unless LTT had two swords, and they both ended up being Rand's. Of course, even one of Rand's swords being LTT's is both pointless and ridiculous.

Wouldnt LTT recognize the blade?  He has recognized other things, I think if Rand was wielding his sword he would have mentioned it.

How do you tell the difference between the blades of almost identical weapons?  All blademasters seem to use the same katana-based sword, so I don't see how you'd recognize one particular sword.

Wouldnt LTT recognize the blade?  He has recognized other things, I think if Rand was wielding his sword he would have mentioned it.

How do you tell the difference between the blades of almost identical weapons?  All blademasters seem to use the same katana-based sword, so I don't see how you'd recognize one particular sword.

Do you think Lan wouldnt recognize his blade amongst a group of similarly shaped ones?  These guys are Blademasters.  The swords are an extension of their arms.  Thats like saying they wouldnt recognize their pinky fingers.

Lan's blade is slightly different, not having herons and all, and the hilt is probably styled a bit differently...maybe.  If Tam's sword was LTT's then he wouldnt have noticed since he wasnt really present at the time, but i agree with Hybrid in that he probably wouldnt be able to tell the difference from blade to blade since Lamons blade is all that Rand uses.

This is truly just idle speculation, but it would make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside if Tam's sword had been LTTs.  The pattern is all like 'hes gonna need this.'

Kaznen may be right as well.  i considered that LTT's blade might be buried beneath Dragonmount.  I have listened to the reading of teotw recently, and i dont recall if it mentioned whether ltt was wearing a sword when he was strolling around in the mess he made all unawares.

Do you think Lan wouldnt recognize his blade amongst a group of similarly shaped ones?  These guys are Blademasters.  The swords are an extension of their arms.  Thats like saying they wouldnt recognize their pinky fingers.

Pinky fingers have color.  They have shape.  The skin folds differently at the knuckles.  The fingerprint is different.  There are different numbers of hairs on the finger.  Etc.  Blades are blades.  The differences would be too fine to measure.  The balance might feel slightly different, but anything else is ludicrous.  I doubt Lan would look at a group of swords and think, "Aha, that one must be mine.  It's two grams heavier at the hilt, half a centimeter thicker and two millimeters longer.  Oh, and it's got a slightly higher composition of carbon than average steel."

I disagree. True masters know the minute distinctions between things. What seems to a lay person to be identical reeks of difference to those that live with those things--take the pinkies for example, to a lay person a pinky is a pinky--if the same general shape they seem the same... but to an expert the fine lines show clear difference.

Well, by using the blade the blademaster could generally tell the balance and weight of it.  I suppose then we need more information about the general manufacturing of the blades.  If they were custom-made to the original wielder's specifications, then it would be likely that they were different in these aspects.  But if they were simply manufactured and given to blademasters, the situation is different.

Yes but the weight and balance would change when given a new hilt. If Lews Therins sword was Lamans before Rand stripped off the jewel encrusted hilt then it's likely Lews Therin would have noticed it. Literally filled to the hilt with jewels, it's pretty noticeable. However, if the blade was Lews Therins but Laman had a new hilt and scabbard made the only thing remaining would be the blade. The weight and balance would have changed so just picking up the sword wouldn't be enough to tell.

I'm no blade expert, or blademaster as it were, but the blades are said to remain pretty immaculate. No need to sharpen them, can't be broken except by the one power etc. It's unlikely there'd be a nick on the blade in the exact same place with which to identify it.

Tam's sword was destroyed b4 LTT was even in rands head... so there is no way of noing

Was Callandor ever linked to Lews Therin?

Duh, why else could only the dragon reborn take it? He's probably the one who put it there (with some help of a female)

Was Callandor ever linked to Lews Therin?

Duh, why else could only the dragon reborn take it? He's probably the one who put it there (with some help of a female)

Actually...  That's not possible.  Lews was dead before the Stone of Tear was made.  ;)

It was probably put there by the same group that made the Eye of the World.  That is, the female Aes Sedai in Rand's visions in Rhuidean, along with the male Aes Sedai they mentioned.  Obviously, this would be before the Eye was created.

Indeed...

In the Rhuidian flashback, to the scene in the Hall of Servants, we see Aes Sedai with the horn of Valare, the Dragon Banner and Calandor.  They send the horn and banner with one group which goes on to create the Eye of the World.  The other group takes Calandor to what will become the Stone of Tear.

I don't remember it being two groups, but I do remember Callandor being present, along with the items of the Eye of the World.  And the Aes Sedai mentioned getting the help of "Kodam and his fellows" who were "young and barely touched by the Taint."  As for the Callandor/Dragon Reborn connection, there was a powerful ward on Callandor attuned to Lews Therin's soul.

Archived