DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Leave of Absence

Sylvirci

I am sorry for leaving suddenly to all my friends here. I unfortunately have found what my injury is and have been ordered off the computer. I have Thoracic Outlet Syndrome in my neck and both shoulders. What it does is basically all my muscles in said area are pinching my nerves and veins/arteries. My case is severe enough that they are talking about removing both of my top ribs through surgery. As you can see it gives me reason to not break doctors orders til now. I am very sorry i have not responded earlier but I must leave all computer activities until further notice from my doctor. I will try and be on MSN messenger from time to time but if not at least now you know why. Well I must go before I flare everything up again. Adieu.

Sincerely Sylvirci

I'm glad they figured out what was wrong, at least! *hugs gently*

Hopefully they'll sort you out soon, and then we can get back to the fun :)  In the meantime, good thoughts to you and yours.

*hugs Sylvi* that sounds really painfull hon, but it's a good thing they figured it out. Now you can work towards recovery. And don't worry about this site, it'll be here when you're all better again! And so will we.

speedy recovery hon!

*snugglebites the lovely one*

Myst

Sorry to hear that, Syl. *hugs* Hope they try the other therapies first, before they go with the surgery. 

Found this on Medifocus:

Conservative treatment is usually the first-line approach for the management of patients with TOS. This usually includes physical therapy, postural training, muscle strengthening exercises, and heat treatments with ultrasound. Drugs may be used to control pain and muscle spasms. Most patients with TOS will improve with conservative treatment and only a small number of patients require surgery.

Archived