DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Paths

Eqwina

Yes it has finally happened. Your Warders staff has made a decision on the new Paths. First I would like to thank all of you that took time to do write ups. They were amazing and gave us the inspiration for the direction we decided to go. Just to remind you, all of the old Paths and Disciplines will be archived for your viewing pleasure and anyone one of you oldbies *cough* who still uses them may continue.

I think we have managed to create a wide range of diversity and have something that will appeal to everyone. The new Paths are as follows:

Sara an’Dieb (Dance of the Wind)

M'taal Souvra (Stone Mind)

Daisho al'Dracon (Two-Weapon Fighting)

Vadin M'taal (Stone Barrier)

Souvra D'Gai (Mind of Battle)

Descriptions of the Paths can be found here

Enjoy!

-Warders Yard Staff-

On the website the apostrophe is in a different place, Sara'an Dieb versus Sara an'Dieb.  Just looking at the name of it I thought it sounds like a Jasine thing, and after reading the description, it sounds even more so.  I wasn't planning on doing any paths or disciplines with Jasine, but I may just have to change my mind. :)

Hmm... It'd be better to just give the base form a triangle and not the variatons though. If a new page is opened every time someone clicks on one of the triangles it'll just be more server load as people bounce back and forth between pages.

Better to just add the triangles in the page itself, though i assume i'd have to resize them slightly (unless Eq decides otherwise, of course ;))

*eyes and backs away slowly* Since you seem to be so good at being me *winks* I will give you my voice for a few days. Do with it what you will.(don't you wish) 8) Oh and for good measure...*leaves Eqwina in Arath's care*

I will still be around, just not as much since I am attending a confrence. It may be in Vegas, but trust me...I would rather be with you fine people.

Thanks again Mat and Talavin for all your awesome work! *bows*

Jehaine your not alone, mine didnt get through either

all in all honestly i aint surprised of the outcome, but i am disapointed, and honestly i feel this was pointless migth as well just adjusted the old/new paths for all it mather as it stand in my eyes.

Lessee... All pics, being B&W nonanimated images, are between 10 and 11 kB in size. In comparison, my current avatar's slightly over twice that. In fact, i feel the need to point out it takes up more space than the original 500x427 sized triangles XD

Daisho al'Dracon:

daishoaldraconbc9.png

M'taal Souvra:

mtaalsouvraye1.png

Sara'an Dieb:

saraandiebsb6.png

Souvra D'Gai:

souvradgaipn9.png

Vadin M'taal:

vadinmtaalbw0.png

Still, i'd have to bring up the following little tidbit listed in the wiki:

Notes: Originally there were 5 disciplines. One of the benefits of being staff was that you could create your own discipline. Those created by a specific person were a result of that.

So... ICly, there'd be nothing stopping someone from creating their own Path, provided their WS was above a certain level (15, or Warder Master, i assume?). It'd go with the territory of being highly skilled with a weapon...

Um, no, that was just a historical note.  WAY BACK WHEN long before the RP/Community Split shortly after the Real Breaking the staff was allowed to create disciplines for general use with them as the main teacher.  It was a benefit for being on staff.  It had nothing to do with WS or anything of the such.  Back in the day it was a benefit of being staff, that tradition stopped when we had enough.

The note in question is a peice of history and an explanation for the notes next to each discpline.

And I was never talking file size hun.  I meant physical computer screen size.  Can you email me the files, it'll save me tons of downloading and uploading and a bunch of other silliness I hate doing:

matalina@gmail.com

Thanks.

Mat

all in all honestly i aint surprised of the outcome, but i am disapointed, and honestly i feel this was pointless migth as well just adjusted the old/new paths for all it mather as it stand in my eyes.

Nobody had an entry that really made it through.I apologize for that, some of them were truely amazing. After some discussion, what we did was rework some of the old Path's and Disc's to fit into the 5 categories we decided on.