DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

He Parachuted on the BAND???

I recently heard from a friend of mine at Fort Riley, Kansas. He plays Trombone in the Army Band there. I had heard about this incident from my mom, but only vague details... my jaw dropped after seeing the videos!

Parachutist Injures Army Band

The video in the link has no commentary, but it is the raw footage.

If you don't feel like following the link, basically two skydivers were to land on the parade field before a ceremony. In front of thousands, one did, while the other had problems-- a flag got tangled in the cords of his chute, causing him to lose most of his control over his steering. The Band, having seen the jumps countless times (many of them can rightfully claim hundreds of times), was off to the side looking straight on when the second parachute hit them from the side, swiping a Sousaphone (marching tuba) and several band members. He totally demolished one sousaphone and totalled another as well as damaged a trumpet (that is around $5,000-$10,000 at least depending on the models damaged), but even worse, fractured the jaw of a female tuba player, strained someone else's neck, and fractured the ankle of the trumpet player.

It was kind of crazy for me because I know several of them there, including having vaguely known the trumpet player. But anyways, I was thinking... putting an amusing twist to it, I think it would be kind of funny to hear the tuba player comment on this after he jaw is fixed and she can talk again...

"So, how did you get injured?"

"Someone parachuted on my tuba."

lmao...

I'm sorry, I just cant help but laugh at this.

Now, as ex-Canadian Military, I like making fun of the U.S Military, just like they enjoy making fun of us.

This goes to show you what I'm talking about though lol

....can't even defend themselves against a lone-parachuter... imagine if it had been an enemy with an assault rifle! lol

They all would have been killed!

Archived